10 plots but no XCH awards, is something wrong?

Hello I just started a few days ago and I have 10 plots of land, but I have 0XCH constantly, but I am constantly building a plot, but no xch is coming, I am sure there is something wrong please wait for help

[image]

So sorry to hear this. Plot faster!

1 Like

I do not think this counts as an ā€œemergencyā€ so I am changing the topic titleā€¦

4 Likes

no. nothing wrong, sorry to say so.
those with hundreds of plots also experience days or a week without winā€¦
since network grows so fast, difficulty is rising.
small farmers like you will only have a chance to win if joining a poolā€¦ there you get your share constantly - but this would require replotting using pool keys
its a long term project, but in the end it will pay outā€¦

2 Likes

itā€™s completely normal, I have currently 130 plots and just won 2 xch. patienceā€¦ :man_farmer:

3 Likes

I have a large number of plots (over 3000) and havenā€™t won a single chia in 96 hoursā€¦ soā€¦ this stuff happensā€¦ remember itā€™s partly chance, not a guarantee! Be patient, plot, and wait.

(And make sure that you are seeing incoming entries in the Last Attempted Proof and Latest Block Challenges part of the UI ā€“ this means you are connected to the network and getting the tests needed to win!)

2 Likes

Wow, that might be the most stark example of how much the network has increased if you have THAT many plots and have gone 4 days without a reward.

2 Likes

Yeah, something is definitely up. I think the network is growing much faster than shown.

2 Likes

That is really worrying. Chance of no wins in 4 days with 3000 plots at current netspace estimate (575 TiB) is 0.01%ā€¦

Good luck, at any rate, looks like you need it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I am definitely concerned. Last win was Sunday. :sob: Iā€™m sure I am connected because I am on latest client, and I see stuff coming through on Last Attempted Proof and Latest Block Challenges regularlyā€¦

(This does prove the estimates are very wrong, as your math shows. Thatā€™s the only possible explanation.)

all I can do is keep plotting, keep farming, and hopeā€¦

May also be worth checking the logs for the response timeā€¦ (need to change the log level to INFO in the config yaml firstā€¦ I recommend doing this anyway and occasionally tailing it to see the activity).

~/.chia/mainnet/log: cat debug.log | grep eligible
2021-04-23T14:10:47.512 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     0 plots were eligible for farming fc6e73123a... Found 0 proofs. Time: 2.97617 s. Total 206 plots

I found that during some activity this response time was crazy slow (100-300s). I stopped plotting/copying on my farm machine and itā€™s all good now.

also, I havenā€™t won any, but Iā€™ve only been at this for 1 week and grew to >200 plots.

Actually, Iā€™m not so sure anymore:

HPool, who have been winning 25% of the last 10,000 blocks, currently have 200 PB of netspace according to their own statistics and have been hovering at 30% of the total netspace estimate for the past few days.

So unless theyā€™re faking their statistics (Iā€™d be impressed) or counting their membersā€™ contributions wrong (unlikely, since thatā€™s centralised and they need this for accounting), the estimates we see in the client are slightly too low, not by orders of magnitude :thinking:

2 Likes

Good joke. I have > 1k plots and I havent won anything from 4 days now - I should win every day.

Network grew by 100 PB (20%) in just two days from 21.04.2021 to 23.04.2021
Do you think we reached more than 1 Exabyte?

The main thing I learned is to check your debug log! you definitely want to address any errors or warnings you find there, for sure.

Thank you all for your answers, I think I fully understood the subject, I wanted to make sure that I took the right steps as I planned the investment, thank you all, good luck.

1 Like

It may be worth reiterating how you win a plot:

• You start the GUI and your full node needs to sync and stay synced with the node peers at the latest height. If you arenā€™t staying synced with the latest height (check chiaexplorer.com to see) troubleshoot why.

• Only run ONE full node per home network, and learn about harvesters or turn off uPNP on the other nodes if you insist.

• Learn how to port forward port 8444 to it if you can for more reliable connections to the network. Google "port forward "

• You need to have plot files that show up in your farmer. Read up on how to plot and donā€™t use up your computerā€™s boot SSD as they wear out. Make sure theyā€™re listed in your farming tab, add additional drives on your plot tab.

• You can turn on more logging in your debug.log by editing your config file and changing WARNING to INFO.

• Blocks (Chances to win) come about every 10 seconds.
    Every one of your plots has a 1/512 chance at each block.
    If you pass that ā€˜plot filterā€™ then the plot file is searched for a good ā€˜proof of spaceā€™ that will pass at the current difficulty. If your proof of space is good, your farmer will try to get it to a timelord for creation of a vdf. If youā€™ve done this within 30 seconds and yours is the one that gets a successful VDF you will likely win that block!

• Currently your reward is 2XCH or 2 chia tokens. Itā€™s delivered in a slightly later transaction block to the rewards address you set in the farming tab rewards address. 1/8 to the farmer reward and 7/8 to the pool reward address. (Which for now should be the same public address for you, until pools are introduced in the future).

2 Likes

4 days of 3100 plots and no proofs found. Yea I feel bad for the little guy but hell even us bigger ones are not finding any proofs. Unless you are going to go big 1PB+ I donā€™t think chia is going to be worth anyoneā€™s effort.

2 Likes

That seems off. You did checks and everything right? no >30second response times?

No remote harvester.

All daemon Full Node + Farmer + Harvester + Wallet is running locally on a supermicro server with 72 bays so I donā€™t have to deal with any network latency. Plot checking is very fast.

2021-04-28T21:29:43.403 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     3 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.26951 s. Total 3153 plots
2021-04-28T21:29:54.114 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     8 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.38986 s. Total 3153 plots
2021-04-28T21:30:00.918 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     6 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.32288 s. Total 3153 plots
2021-04-28T21:30:08.725 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     9 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.31728 s. Total 3153 plots
2021-04-28T21:30:18.066 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     5 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.30270 s. Total 3153 plots
2021-04-28T21:30:26.863 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     8 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.32590 s. Total 3153 plots
2021-04-28T21:30:33.735 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     9 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.32267 s. Total 3153 plots
2021-04-28T21:30:41.553 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     4 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.21286 s. Total 3153 plots
2021-04-28T21:30:50.261 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     8 plots were eligible for farming e5c58eb2e8... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.28070 s. Total 3153 plots

Also no issues with missing any signage points, I get all of them in sequence. also have 60 or 70 peers. I mean it all looks good. Even ran the chia plot check across ALL plots and all passed around 30-31 each. No errors in the logs. I think its all legit as far as I can tell, its just thats how difficult the network is already.

chia show -s
Current Blockchain Status: Full Node Synced

~/.chia/mainnet/config$ chia farm summary
Farming status: Farming
Total chia farmed: 12.0
User transaction fees: 0.0
Block rewards: 12.0
Last height farmed: REDACTED
Plot count: 3153
Total size of plots: 312.099 TiB
Estimated network space: 1053.403 PiB
Expected time to win: 13 hours and 32 minutes

Its just ridic with the expected time to win being 13 hours and yet Iā€™m going on like 96 or something with nothing found.