1000+ Plots, No Reward. You're not alone. It's ok

800+ plots, no reward. The network space is accelerating to a point where I can no longer make headway with 3 plotters (5950x 5900x and 5600x) with plenty of ram and 21tb of gen 4 nvme’s. I have 116tb capacity with another 100tb on backorder. Gonna’ have to make a call here pretty quick. Really amazed that folks are still jumping on this, unless they’re going in heavy with multiple plotters and heavy cap. Was hoping the network space would have slowed down a bit by now. I have enough incoming cap to run until the end of June, unfortunately ttw and network space isn’t improving. Got in too late (April 23rd). At least eth mining is still hanging in there by a thread.

I agree. The rewards just aren’t worth investing in any new kit. If I’d have known the netspace would grow so quickly, I’d have made a different decision.

I think you have too many plotting devices for such “little” space. how many plots are you making a day with that setup?

How do you justify the investment? This storage space must have cost a pretty penny; if you didn’t inherit it from another project.
Honest question - how it this working for you so far?

Same here 835 plots and 0 chia…

Already had the computers. My initial 8tb hd’s were only $120 a pop at Costco, and I’m pretty much playing on house money from my eth rig proceeds. Still, difficult to justify at this point, other than the fact that I could “sell the farm” so to speak, and recover much of my investment (pre-plotted farms go for a decent price on eBay). Saw the network was up close to another 10 percent this morning, so the latter option is looking more appealing.

Not fully optimized at around 60 plots/day. And yes, those hard drives are filling up a bit faster than my initial calculations.

That sounds really bad optimized! Hurry and get it right, getting the plots fast is more important than anything else. I have a 5950x and a 5900x too and together they are putting out 90 plots a day, with half as much nvme space as you have.

How many plots are you producing with 5950x? I’m at 48/ day. Not sure i can squeeze out more…

I’ll tell you exactly how many i produce today when the day finishes. I made some tweaks while it was running yesterday so i want to get a new good measure, but should be around that

Is there some sort of command you ran to get this summary?

Also, I have a single farmer+harvesters with an additional 5 harvesters. In total, currently at 3,670 K32 plots. I’ve earned several XCH from when I started to about 20 days ago. I’m on a 20 day dry spell.

farmer: 1471 plots
harvester01: 1360 plots
harvester02: 540 plots
harvester03: 197 plots
harvester04: 60
harvester05: 42

harvesters 04 and 05 are really just plotting (but I do run the harvester), I don’t leave the disks there. I also plot on 3 of my ETH mining rigs @ 5 to 8 plots a day depending on the hardware. Combined I can plot ~180 plots a day.

BUT!!! I used to have ~2,600 plots on the farmer with no harvesters. Once I moved plots (disks, sneakernet) to my newly built harvesters/plotters I haven’t gotten a single XCH.

I can see on the GUI on my farmer that it is getting checks against the harvesters plots. I have to watch for a minute or two to see them all as I have more than will fit on the screen. I used to see it in the logs until these messages got moved to DEBUG log level.

find /mnt/plotstore/ -mtime -1 -ls | wc -l

And I still can’t keep up. Netspace is UGE!

Curious as to the rest of your setup and settings if you care to share…

what is your plotting channel? i’m planning 5 hdds simultaneously. 1 hdd is for 6h x 4 daily

My first Chia!

8 Likes

I bought everything in March using eth mining rewards before the 3x surge in hd prices.

1 Like

I use 4 nvme drives for plotting

How much faster is nvme plotting compared to spinning disk? Are you happy with the wear/failure of the nvme?

6 hours for a plot on a spinning disk? that would be something nice

I tried spinning for giggles. My giggle turned into an 'eh, and I moved on.