1000+ Plots, No Reward. You're not alone. It's ok

plan for 24h on normal SATA spinning disks…
5h on NVME, 9 on SSD SATA - can be different on different setups… but just to have a magnitude.

How long have you been at it? I have a little over 100 plots/10TB+. I’ve just crossed the 1 month mark and have 0XCH to show for all my effort. As some would say, I am in the red on this endeavor. I am not a person who likes to wait for the reward for my work.

Been farming for roughly 25 days,. Now with a total of 340 plots and finally hit my first block tonight. Just sharing for inspiration that even micro farmers get lucky.

8 Likes

1500 plots and no reward. Starting to think the is something wrong with my setup.
Farming status: Farming
Total chia farmed: 0.0
User transaction fees: 0.0
Block rewards: 0.0
Last height farmed: 0
Plot count: 1521
Total size of plots: 150.556 TiB
Estimated network space: 18454.335 PiB
Expected time to win: 3 weeks and 5 days

I had a very long dry spell yet persisted as I did not want hpool to have 51%. I was glad I did as I proceeded to hit 2 blocks in a span of a single day. Ofcourse that was lucky but sometimes doing the right thing tends to work out. Karma and all that. With that said nothing against any pool in particular just do not want any single entity to have more than 51% of the network.

Run Chiadog. I bet you are missing challenges. (not slow responses, missing them altogether) You should be getting a challenge every 6-10 seconds but nothing (except Chiadog) will tell you that you missed a challenge.

How much is the reward for a Block? Do you win a Single Chia or how many?

You get 2 Chia per block.

1 Like

But when your plots are passing filters, does it mean things are working well even if you are not winning any?

Yes, if plots are passing its working as intended, just need patience and luck.
Edit.
Maybe best to check your not missing any chances for block with chiadog as said above.
I just see I’m checking apx every 8 seconds, so no need to look further.

Just passing filters is not enough. You need to make sure you are receiving all the challenges (use chiadog to monitor this. You should get a challenge every 6-10 seconds) then you need to make sure you are responding to the challenges quickly. Under 5 seconds is preferred. Chiadog will also let you know if you are responding slowly. But you can see this response time in your debug log.

1 Like

9 hours for a plot on a 1TB spinning disk. Only one plot per disk.
I tried raid 0, but was very slow, dont know why.

Ok. I will run that. Thanks

I can’t make Powershell understand git

Did you git it to work?

I am sitting on 1560 plots with zero rewards. I have a friend that just hit 3700 plots with zero rewards. With the price of XCH plummeting daily my hopes of ever getting some ROI on my investing is dwindling away.

The netspace has changed (!!!) in the month since I posted this but now at many more plots than 1K, I’m not in the same dry spell. Make sure your proof times are consistently low and that your not attempting to farm bad plots.