Any advice/experience in "low-end" GPU plotting with old-fashionned SSD?

My poison has already been picked.
I farm C8 on 1060 6GB.
I plot on my usual “madmax” CPU, no GPU used after reflection.

It costs literally 0 to me.
But I get more ans more rewards…

1 Like

how do you plot c8 on CPU?

chia_plot.exe -n -1 -k 32 -C 8 -x 8444 -r 5 -u 256 -v 256 -d @192.168.1.28 -t K:\ -2 K:\ -s K:\ -f **** -c ****

192.168.1.28 is the farmer with chia plot sink running…

how come i was mistakenly thought only c0/c1 is supported with cpu plotting … hmm

thanks!

2 Likes

I guess you were confused with the farming limitations of CPUs?
Anyway, it’s still plotting here, slowly but at a ridiculous cost of 3 threads running continuously on each of my 2 Ryzen 3900X.

I read your thread with - how to put that - “interest”, but agrees totally with the answer Max gave you.
Max delivers, thanks to him & Flexpool team, I’m in, and am happy to pay my fees.

At least, my farm is as profitable on Flexpool as it should be according to my number of plots with the hindsight of two months of feedback… :slight_smile:

1 Like

you can be right or do it right. choice is yours. sheeple stick together - after all, shared truth is the only truth right ROFL

Just few hundreds years ago, sheeple believed Earth is flat…and they are still here despite the 10y olds know Earth is round ROFL

You mean you didn’t see this

1 Like

and the next year when electricity bills comes in, the same expert will say “I knew from beginning GPU farming was crap because that guy with ‘wrong’ math told me so.” ROFL

I bet all my XCH on it ROFL

Who is in? Let’s call it Lobotomite pool - winner takes it all.

I did the same thing lol. It’s saying those compression levels are only appropriate for CPU, not that they are the only CPU farmable compression levels available. It’s not super clear where the CPU vs GPU line is probably because it’s variable and gear dependent.

3 Likes

I read it that ALL levels are plotable but some are practically farmable only by cpu or gpu

For instance, even if you could gpu farm c1, it’s not profitable

1 Like

That threw me off too, conceivably we could have ignored GPU plotting altogether and still reaped the rewards assuming the farmer was up to it (GPU or beefy CPU). Especially for small farms, it’s worth doing the math on what we really need!

Yes exactly, you’d need more than 100pib to make it worth the idle power of the GPU. It’s “CPU only” because CPU is enough.

1 Like

Could we stop with the name calling please?

2 Likes

My farm used to burn 350w.
It now burns 372w.

I use to have ~450 TB 24h average on flexpool.
I’m in the process of plotting SLOWLY since two month.

I know have today ~510 TB 24h average on flexpool.
And it gets better everyday SLOWLY, at zero cost from me (there are ways to get free watts)…
And for what I see income in XCH is proportionnal, apart from the 3.something% going to Max on C8 plots.

I see you talk about vaccine… flat earth…
These are not arguments to me.
More like the sign of someone who thinks his beliefs to be the truth, or the sign of huge troll…

Sorry, you lost me too.

so you have the same farm, you have added just GPU. Replotted all, and your C8s miraculously adds just 20W, and you have extraordinary earnings. weird ha? :smiley:

It makes me wonder what cards you use guys. I have many GPUs at home, various generations, workstation, gamings, and none of them idles below 20W ROFL Yet, your fully loaded GPU uses just 20W. Are you Flatearther too?

It makes me wonder how you kids measure those values? With a licked finger, in the wall socket and counting Voltage/ Amperage throughout your body?

Needs a banhammer (20 characters)

Feel free to ignore Hajes, and also report his posts.

1 Like

LOL my Nicehash farmer with a 3080 idled at 27w for the whole rig. Without the GPU it idled at 17w at the wall.

PS GPU farming is not fully loading the GPU.

1 Like

I have never seen such a PC in my whole life of 35+ years in computing :wink:

Are you talking about undervolted gear? 3060 idles at 20W in nvtop or 30+ just GPU at the wall. Including CPU, MB, RAM, 100W maybe.

1 Like