Any advice/experience in "low-end" GPU plotting with old-fashionned SSD?

Here you go, I recorded these videos a year ago as someone else didn’t believe me. The rig is no longer in use though. Can’t remember what settings I used on the 3080 but it was under clocked specifically for mining, everything else was standard.

Wattage excludes the monitor, as that’s not normally on

No GPU, at idle.

With 3080 at idle.

Mining flat out.

1 Like

The person you’re answering to is a troll who doesn’t care about facts. Don’t waste your time.

I’m fully aware :wink:

20chrs

nice. I had in default state (just forced CPU setting because auto OC is crap). 60-100W :wink:

always amusing modern kids, if someone doesn’t share the same bullshit…TROLL ROFL presenting facts, trolling ROFL

a guy claims 27W idle with GPU…never seen such a PC :wink: Now, he finally shows some results…underclocked/unofficial voltages :wink: Pardon me for questioning impossible :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m impressed! It makes a good case for an ‘always on’ PC for other situations as well where there isn’t always a load but sometimes the horsepower is needed. Very cool; thanks for sharing.

1 Like

if you have such a rig, how often it idles? :wink:

I either tune for max. performance or purpose built. it makes me wonder how simple questions turn always into bullshit session, which has nothing to do with the original question ROFL

It has an i5-6500T CPU, just 35w TDP, decent PSU, mATX motherboard, SSD and two sticks of RAM, and a standard Intel cooler.

2 Likes

.3 euro per kw hour is NOT “the usual” in a large part or majority of the world.
That’s higher than CALIFORNIA in the USA, the highest-cost part of the US (the US national average is around 13 cents/kwh and can get as low as about 3 cents (Chelan County PUD, Washington State) and often in the 6-7 range where hydropower is common.

Might be the usual in most of Europe, where you (except Great Britain and Russia) have to IMPORT most of your energy to make electricity from.

You’re correct about folks need to do their home/math work on which option is the best.

BTW - 128 GB of RAM might be $600 for DDR6, but if you have an older machine it’s half OR LESS of that commonly.

BTW - that “E5-2695v2” in the Gigahorse table is a CPU, not a GPU - I’ve got 3 machines that could use it, but they’re all using different versions of that CPU line (one with a E5-2697V2 the top of that line as it has one of it’s pair of CPU sockets borked, one with a pair of E5-2680v2, one with a pair of E5-2630Lv2).
The table doesn’t make clear if that’s a SINGLE such CPU or a double (those are normally 2 CPUs on a single Workstation/Server motherboard) - but given what I’ve seen to date when I ran GH I think it’s actually a dual-CPU setup.

Swiss has got 80% own energy, yet we are raped by 0.33 CHF/kWh ROFL

Be happy, you still pay so little. Of course, we also have 0.1 CHF/kWh…rest is usage of power lines. Because 2km of wires need so much maintenance ROFL

The entire reason I moved to this area (as did a lot of other miners) was the very low cost of electric.
FAR more critical to GPU and ASIC mining, but it’s still nice even now.
I also like the weather in Central Washington a lot better than Iowa - no -30 (F, not that far off on C!) temperatures any more!

question is how long it lasts. The low prices are 1.stage of clusterfuck…once, enough suckers move in…rape them heavily. then what?

we used to have 0.21chf/kWh…now, just 2y later 0.33chf or +57%, and we didn’t even start crisis officially :wink: Can you imagine inevitable?

The current price of electric in the UK is £0.27 ($0.33) per kWh, it’s just dropped and was a lot higher. Although we generate a lot of electric ourselves, a lot is via gas, which is tied to the international price of gas, which is just typical for rip of Britain, as we produce a lot of gas, but not all of it. Since Russia illegally invaded Ukraine the gas price has rocketed.

I have solar, so my electric price is much less now, we get paid for export so electric still has a cost, and of course there is the sunk cost of installation.

UK has lots of gas, but no refineries…so you rape yourself by sending it to refining somewhere else :wink:

As for “illegal” invasion of Ukraine…if you are English, I wouldn’t talk about illegal at all ROFL I almost shit my pants when I heard colonists/imperialist to preach about what one might do or not…or what is legal or not ROFL

I still wait for the court order from Haag where the major terrorist will be finally prosecuted after the fiasco in 1491…till now :wink:

I always loved small talk in English pubs - the ultimate question in the Universe…I can’t stop laughing.

why everybody hates us?

well, darling you just raped almost every country on Earth, enslaved them physically or economically…oh sorry darling, you were saving those poor souls ROFL

I bet uncle Vlad and Xi must shit their pants when they watch the dying west :wink:

Next year when this shitshow starts officially, and many people end on the street. I bet all I have, they will blame the Russians, Chines, and now Israel…meanwhile Balkan will be in war as well. Türkiye leaves NATO, and Europa gets new masters :wink:

1 Like

Well, that just goes to show how little you know The UK’s refineries: past, present and future | Fuel Oil News

We’re talking about the present day, not the past, I’ll leave it at that as I know arguing is futile with someone like you, especially if you agree with what’s is going on in Ukraine!

4 Likes

Those who know don’t talk, and those who talk do not know :stuck_out_tongue: Lao Tzu

I do not agree with any penis comparisons where normies die for someone elses stupidity, but nobody forces you to fight :wink: Imagine, Russian/Ukraine said…fuck you guys, we won’t fight :wink:

They cannot do anything :wink: Shoot/jail billions…won’t happen :wink: BTW there is no war in Ukraine…it is a rescue mission to flush imperialists. I can’t wait when Russians come to Central Europe again…but that is another story.

The important is, humanoid stupidity earns lots of money. I am good, as long as they don’t bring this crap over there.

How has this got anything to do with Chia guys.

How does this have anything to do with Chia???

Well I believe it started with electric / farming costs, then hajes piped up with his weird posts, and it went downhill from there.

There are an awful lot of threads on here that go like that unfortunately, some a lot worse.

I’m new to farming and this and trying to learn and was wondering how it kinda went downhill. Thanks for your reply

There is some very good information on here, but for new farmers its likely hard sifting the good from the bad, and just plain weird.

But by all means ask questions, and people will do their best to answer, just be aware there are some forum members with with strange views and idea’s.

Also this is not an official Chia forum, and is no way connected with CNI (the company behind Chia), the only official place is on Discord, which can be hard work due to the shear amount of posts.