Cant Sync, it never did

I don’t believe your problem is connection related. (I.e. all the attention to port forwarding setup) 60 is the max number of connections in the default configuration. Seems like connecting with other full nodes is working.

It is unfortunate the errors in the log are not very descriptive.

You might try deleting a few of the node connections and letting it connect to different nodes. I’d start with any nodes that are showing up in warning/error messages in the logs. This previously cleared up some error logs I was seeing.

There have been several people complaining about sync issues so your problem may simply be a wider issue with the chia network. I believe it has grown faster than the developers anticipated and they may be having performance issues.

I think things got confused here, I haven’t had a de-sync issue since I started 2 weeks back, I was offering to connect my node to others to help them sync. :slight_smile:

@casualChia at the moment i have 39 connected peers. each has in and out traffic

@bleeps @Quindor oh, okay xD thats my ipadress releated to the webiste you gave me: 80.109.227.178 . Thanks to all of you who are going to connect with me :slight_smile:

@casualChia i did restart and open my chia.exe several times (past the last week). i think that should have the same result as disconecting some of my current peers.

Yesterday i tried to start two of my windows service who where disabled: “Net.TCP Port Sharing Service” and “UPnP Device Host”. I thought maybe this could fix the syncin issue but it doesn. Is there a list of services that are a need for chia? Example given: for an outgoing or incoming traffic. Because i blocked some of my services in my software firewall and disabled some in my OS.

Maybe the only way to fix this problem is to wait for a new version. But every hour waiting i do not have a chance to win any chia coin :confused:

Connected to you, let’s see if that makes a difference. :slight_smile:

1 Like

someone just connected with ip: 8X.1XX.XX.145. it may be you :smiley:

Can u help me ? Connect to 107.150.23.187 please :slight_smile:

(Have to type words to be able to reply) Done

love u . Not for the connection, but for the ideia. Now I connected with my officer plotter that is synced and near me . 5min I was connect, I dont know if was your or mine :slight_smile:
Thank you

1 Like

I have forwarded 8444 port to my farmer

It has never synced since install last week. The higherst number stops, then the lower slowly increases until it reachest the highest number, and then it says “not synced” until the highest number increases again, and the cycle starts all over.

I have added introducers, disabled upnp, reinstall, removed files as per tutorials, but nothing seems to be able to make the system catch up.

It is a bit older i5 with 4gb, internet is glassfiber, 5ms ping, 186mbps/down 210 mbps/up via a velop mesh system wired to the node.

*** Update: an upgrade to 1.1.6 fixed all issues ***

1 Like

Hey guys :smiley:

due headache of Chia and its syncing problem i switched off my computer and was offline for about five days.
Yesterday i downloaded and installed the new update (1.1.6). After it and some other problems (my provider switched DNS somehow; block-syncing issues and about 15h of not syncing) my Chia is synced (for now) :smiley:

Anyway, thanks for helping and giving advice to me ^^

HAPPY PLOTTING,
yours Schlittschuh.

I’m having trouble syncing (for the first time) similar to Schlittschuh. Not getting any peer connections.

If the peer connection offer is still available, my IP is: 96.38.99.164

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Did it work before? Did you change anything? Do you have a Software-Firewall? Its may block connections since you have installed the update (because of changing the app).

I tried to connect to your IP but it doesnt show up in my node :confused:

Additon to my origin reply from may 21th.

I figured out the real reason behind the problem of not syncing. It was a clock sync issue. Somehow CHIA does not accept my manual set clock setting (GMT+1h PLUS +1h summertime). I set my clock settings in windows to “Set time automatically” and since then it works perfectly. I tried a undo and CHIA wasnt syncing anymore.

The funny thing is the time on my computer is wrong now. My real time is 15:36 here, but for CHIA my computer is set to 14:36 xD. So other software, like Discord doesnt work anymore. In that case its just a matter of priority :smiley:

Yes, I had trouble with a stick PC I was using as a farmer, its clock kept going out of sync. So I downloaded nettime https://www.timesynctool.com/ it can update the clock as often as you want and runs in the background. Sync sorted. Upnp disabled in router, but port 8444 (only) forwarded to the farmer stick-pc using its mac address to identify it (so it carries over when the IP changes), and it’s all good.

Running two other windows PCs as plotters but blocking port 8444 in firewall so they don’t try to sync. Though I suppose changing the clock or time zone would probably also prevent sync.

I don’t have port forwarding enabled nor the UpnP. Somehow, I am synced everytime and my peer connections’ heights are up to date with mine. I have >25 peer connections at any given time.

Maybe this can help some people. Will farming work without port forwarding / UPnP disabled? - #11 by casualChia

If you are not behind a NAT (you e.g. don’t have a 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x) but have a real internet routable IP address, then you have no need for port forwarding as all ports are already on you

This is what’s frustrating about the sync problems — different things seem to work for different people. I’ve tried most combinations in the last week or so, but not the automatic clock setting idea. Have never synced — in fact, I’ve never seen a connected peer.

Most of the time, I’ve had UPnP disabled on the router but enabled in the chia config file. Port forwarding set. Port checkers say it’s open. Windows firewall disabled (but haven’t yet tried opening the port with this firewall disabled, which someone recommended). I’m using the Bitdefender firewall, with Chia processes given permissions and the port open. I’m unable to connect to the well-known nodes, and the IPs of a few helpful people, using the GUI or the CLI.

Initially I thought it was a problem with my old router (Asus RT-AC66U), so first I tried the Merlin firmware, then replaced the router. No luck.

I use ASUS routers without a problem.

• First, make sure your machine’s intrnal IP adress (probably 192.x.x.x) is not changing.
    Go into your router, and in the DHCP settings reserve the address currently assigned to your PC.
    Once you add it to that table the router will give that PC the same address forever.
  • Now, disable uPnP, and manually port forward port 8444 on your router to the reserved internal IP address of your pc (probably 192.x.x.x),

@Yae, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I’ve already done those things.

BTW, I like Asus products and have bought several. I just read that particular router sometimes wouldn’t port forward even if the settings were correct.

To be honest it sounds like a firewall-problem to me. Be sure to enable traffic for “start_wallet.exe” “start_full_node.exe” and “chia.exe”.
Personally i set my firewall to allow “incoming” and “outgoing” traffic and opened Local Ports (as seen in the chia node gui; it may changes) and Remote Ports (8444-8449) for Protocoll “TCP” and “UDP”.

Furthermore i set my IP to a static IP4 Adress.

Btw. i assume you already have installed the newest CHIA Software and use a 64bit Operating System.