Chia complete guide - Review, Best Hardware, Plotting & Farming

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

I have recently started to do my research on Chia and also build a plotting (updated) and farming pc. As usual i will try to be very specific in my guides. Here is my contribution to Chia, hopefully those will be helpful for some of you:

1. Chia Review
  2. Best Hardware for Chia Plotting
  3. Chia Plotting & Re-plotting for Pool Guide

Up Next:
4. Best Hardware for Farming Chia

I will update the links as soon as new articles are published.

Enjoy!

1 Like

I like you choice of plotter because i have almost the same machine :innocent:

Havent read it too well but it seems a pretty good guide and important that these get updated as there is a lot of outdated stuff out there.

However i think you are missing one of the best options out there: older servers.
Price/performance really seems best on dual xeon e5 series or even older x series.

1 Like

i am more focused on consumer components, server grade users are much more advanced and also don’t use windows :slight_smile:

thanks for your entry, once i finish this series i will try to take a look at the servers as well, do you have something to link?! tomorrow i will have new one published

sooo… what’s wrong with that? :slight_smile: what’s wrong with writing a tutorial ? do you know 1stminingrig website what is about ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with that, thanks for your contribution, unlike that swiss prick above you who does nothing but trash other peoples posts with disinformation and superiority complex to make up for his wee pee pee.

5 Likes

funny is that his nickname is “Chia.Switzerland”, like he is/manages the community for that country supporting Chia :upside_down_face: but looks like he is opposite to that :))

updated links with plotting tutorial and setup

U should add a section about RAMDisk,
not because of the speed but for the SSD-live.
From a certain number of plots on (2k?), its definitely a must.

1 Like

Work in progress! Converting 2 PCs (8-9 hdds each) to one case, Fractal Design Define 7 XL that can hold up to 24 HDDs.

2 Likes

No issue so far while moving everything in the new case, replacing stock cpu cooler with a better one from be quite!, installing PSU etc!

How are you going to fit 24 drives there? I will be looking forward to pictures of the finished system

yep, i will keep posting pictures in this thread with full system.

Those fractal hdd tray kits type B are sooo hard to find, luckily someone made a 3d printing version of it (Fractal design HDD Tray kit – Type-B by JensCraft3D - Thingiverse)… saved me a lot of time and money :slight_smile: (printed with PRUSA MK3s using PETg)

1 Like

Filling up the case with the HDDs once done plotting & replotting, cable management can wait a bit longer :joy:

1 Like

I think I got those same 3d printed drive trays and they did not work at all, none of the tabs fit into the slots on the case

I do like your topic as I have an empty fractal node with no clue what to do with it yet … secondary also planning to buy a 3D printer to well print HDD brackets etc

works great for me, check the image!

1 Like

3d printers are awesome, can create almost anything (USEFUL STUFF). Printing HDD holders/brakets is a easy task :slight_smile: thingverse hdd holders

As for your fractal node, get a printer, print some hdd brakest and put it at work :slight_smile:

good luck!

This is how it looks now, almost full with HDDs. I removed top fans to add 3 more HDDs, currently added only two because i am waiting for more multibrackets to be delivered. Temps are looking good so far. I have a solution to add more fans, will be added in the next update.

Thank you for your service! :cry: