Chia vs Forks (Inputs Please)

This is from shiba commutity fork:
https://github.com/ChiaDoge-Network/chiadogecoin

Chiadogecoin is an open source peer-to-peer green digital currency, created by chia project former developer and shiba community,favored by Shiba Inus worldwide.
have fun~

add the chiadoge
https://github.com/ChiaDoge-Network/chiadogecoin

ok, no problem, sorry that just saw the message, will send you 1 XFX tonight

thank you very much :flushed:

Flax is probably the most stable of all Chia Forks in main-net.
Another huge potential is Silicoin. The fact that they implement staking, is taking Chia blockchain to the next level.

DYOR.

You shuold try Silicoin, a CHIA fork on Proof-of-Balance consensus mechanism. It is now listed on Chia Fork Traders and has a comprehensive block explorer. Its site is at: Silicoin.cc

What’s proof of balance? And where can I find the block explorer you’ve talked about?

It is simply an integration of PoW and PoS. There is detailed information about the consensus on its offical site which is listed above.

Check out Silicoin.cc and find out more about it. The block explorer of silicoin is at: silicoinexplorer.com

Best reference I have been pointed to regarding forks:

https://xchforks.com/

To myself, Flax continues to stand out as the only viable fork so far. Chaingreen is second, but their huge pre-mine and out of control block chain still leave flax as the only fork I am farming.

1 Like

I just noticed Chia Doge recently added here… I just wanted to take a moment to point out that they seem to keep advertising that they are “a former chia project developer”. This is not true at all, this person was not involved with the development of Chia or an employee of the company… given that they keep misrepresenting themselves as such after we’ve asked them to stop, that’s something you might want to bear in mind when making decisions about the project.

2 Likes

Silicoin website is full of buzzwords, there’s hardly any coherent content or correct language. People who can write code can usually write better English.

There’s also this part, which demonstrates their lack of actual thought quite perfectly:

“In Silicoin network, the higher the computing power of a single miner, the more SIT needs to be staked if they want to get matching profits. Under this mechanism, big miners need extremely high costs to monopolize computing power, which will damage the interests of small and medium miners and endanger the security of the Silicoin network. They cannot over-occupy network resources based on equipment resources or huge funds. Small miners can join the powerful Silicoin network with a low or even zero threshold, contributing to a more decentralized and fairer blockchain network and gaining benefits.”

What’s wrong with that? The idea that you could somehow apply blockchain consensus rules that relate to individual miners is a pipe dream. There are no examples of blockchains doing that. If you analyze a
million addresses, they could be owned by 1-1000000 miners. Blockchain consensus rules are never designed to work with users, and I’m pretty sure that doing so in a decentralized manner is an unsolved problem so far.

2 Likes

I tried to start silicoin today, and it seems to conflict ports with chia. They didn’t even rename the executable ?

Anyone have tips on actually running it?

My tip is not to run it …

https://xchforks.com/

Flax is the only Chia fork that is worthwhile at this time IMO.

1 Like

Don´t got actuall any prob with it, ports are 10444, so don´t conflict with chia here. Are you running the 0.0.9? I think they working on it that it don´t got the same executable, mine is silicoin and not chia for cli

I could not run Silicoin also recently,with syning issue.
So just gave it up for rest fork which is more stable like flax,goji…

Never heard of this fork… Do you have a link?

It’s also not a problem that needs to be solved IMO - why shouldn’t someone who dedicates more hardware to securing a given network get more reward?

sorry for misleading, I mean other fork such as flax/goji~