Chia vs Forks (Inputs Please)

Interesting.

The top two whales listed are:

cgn1524klwvaawf6xe0zc4al2ph4uz6qfdagjy9zyrtfyj56ypfyhztqqaz5ds 18,440,000.000000000000 CGN
cgn15w0cvu5wk6appx4wq0epff5ayga2xtwh3ltz4tq5hxfh9n3w0cdszyeepw 10,250,000.000000000000 CGN

Where did that 20% of CGN issued so far come from? Those even numbers in the millions were not farmed. Chaingreen states there was no pre-farm. If there was no pre-farm, and these coins were not farmed then how did the two largest whales get them?

And I quickly find in largest transactions:

0x03e948010ddf9b64c1811e68908780d57de545b8e363699abd5d4fe3eee6d533 cgn15w0cvu5wk6appx4wq0epff5ayga2xtwh3ltz4tq5hxfh9n3w0cdszyeepw 100,000.000000000000 CGN Unspent

So 100,000 CGN at a time are being sent to at least one of these two whales. Someone smarter than I who cares can probably follow the entire trail. I will not bother as the stench is too bad.

Thanks for the Chaingreen explorer link!

Hello,
Can some tell me what is Chia Network point of view about all the chia forks that start appearing? I am a little confused and very concerned about all these forks. Are they forks endorsed by Chia Networks?

I really wish everyone would stop calling them forks, they are not forks at all.

No they not official. But they do not have to be. Chia is open source. So you or anyone else, can go to github, copy (also called “fork”) Chia Blockchain and then make your own cryptocurrency. You’ll need to change a bunch of stuff, if you go to flax blockchain, there is a link where they will show you their github compared to chia so you can see everything they changed, as a way to try to offer some trust that they have not included any malicious code, if you be bothered to check through the 6000 changes.

This would be a great template to anyone wanting to create a chia fork. However, will any of them succeed? Only if they are willing to do the work that Chia are doing in terms of promotion, development, problem solving and generally creating value. If your new Chia fork doesn’t have all of that it won’t end up being worth anything and no one will bother.

What is the correct term then?

Alt coin I guess, just like litecoin is not a fork of bitcoin.
If they were forks, and at the time of the fork you owned 2 xch, you could collect 2 coins on the fork of the new coin.
Forks keep the current blockchain and split from that point.
I’ve not researched any chia alts, but I’m sure their alts not forks from all I’ve seen written here.

1 Like

problem is that copying code on github is also called “forking” so that’s where the confusion starts.
So in Git they are shown as “forked from chia-network” but I agree that a fork is in crypto should be when you split off the original chain and continue as a separate chain but with the same history up until the point of forking.

1 Like

They are forks of the chia github code. They are not forks of the Chia Inc Blockchain.

1 Like

Here u got the goji & seno explorer:
https://goji.posat.io/
https://seno.posat.io/

Hi Jerry,

Could you please give me any amount of XFX so I can test my system. I just have join the system 5 days ago with 300 plots but still not manage to win any flax (and chia) yet. Thank you.

xfx1w45tgn8tlvl64ls46pgvtvp5gkvvtvhldrplk0q2ndx9cff45hvs3uc4jv

What is your estimated time to win? have you past that already? some plots passing the filter? With your plots, I assume it will take 1-2 weeks wait.

Found Equality (XEQ) just start on GitHub - Equality-Network/equality-blockchain: https://discord.gg/HJ4N7zZN, the network spaces growing up but my 100TB still can get coin very easy for now.

Did you check anything before you installed this unknown software? How does this fork differ from Chia? Is there any basis for trust?

Posting links without warning to forks you have done no research on is dangerous.

Equilibria XEQ is a real (shit)coin. It’s blockchain is not proof of time and space. Whoever is claiming to be “Equality XEQ” working a proof of time and space blockchain is trying to con you. Equilibria has a website … does Equality?

Flee in terror! :poop:

1 Like

Does Flax have anything promising other than having a little pre-farm?

I installed it about a week ago as it was a little effort but still haven’t won anything. The netspace is growing so it’s going to be Chia all over again. The difference is this is just a copy of the real thing. Currently people are selling 1 XFX around $5. Not sure if it’s worth it even with minimal effort. My FOMO and the novelty effect is starting to wear off.

What do you guys think about Flax and its future?

Yep just a copy.
No pre mine, so no money to get businesses on board or hire ppl etc.
As for its future, who knows, crypto markets don’t always act rationally.

It’s free extra coins if you’re already farming chia, if that wasn’t the case I doubt its netspace would be anywhere near as big.

I’ve not bothered with it.

Found some UNOFFICIAL Fork List (Handle with Care, DYOR, beware of scams and malicious behavior, check their discord and Website)
Just don´t install like, oh sound nice and good, check all available resources for infos.

My client doesn’t find any introducers or active nodes on equality network… :frowning:
@xxchia Can you provide some IPs of active nodes?

Maybe join their discord, i think somethin like this will be discussed there.

better last update you can get from https://discord.gg/mt33dDhp

Burst is based on conditioned Proof of Space, CHIA is based on Proof of Space and Time.
so saying CHIA is a clone of Burst is utter nonsense. btw: BURST/Signum is dead, CHIA is here to stay.

1 Like