Do I stay solo or pool?

My dogs are obedient and do not sit on chains, as well as my thoughts and motives. I am absolutely calm and prosaic. I believe that you can become the same )

You’re not the first pool guy to give farmers attitude, but it’s hardly a good marketing strategy.

2 Likes

как уж говорилось - проблема в переплочивании такого количества плотов :unamused:

My opinion is this: I have (had) as of 7/7, 180 plots, about 20TB worth of plots. I said I wouldn’t do this but the deal was too good to pass up. For $105, I got a 5TB WD USB HDD. I would have preferred the seagate 4 or 5TB, but I would have had to spend about $50 more, whether it be Amazon or Newegg or BestBuy.

What I am doing is plotting to 21Chia pool to reserve my lifetime FREE membership and I still have my solo plots going at it. I will wipe one drive at a time once my 5TB is full and pool plot over top till all of my drives are full again with pool plots. I plan to plot on flexpool when they open up and focus all efforts to them (but leave my 21Chia plots doing their thing as is to maintain the lifetime free membership).

Life’s too short dude. Maybe you’re still young and have your best years ahead of you. For some, it’s not the same. Just a though :wink:

I don’t think this is a problem right now. This may turn out to be a problem later, because everyone who resets will earn, and those who do not have time or do not want to, will simply lose money when support for rafts without NFT is disabled

in addition, we explain how to make a binding on the machine. I put it 1 time and overpaid all the rafts without extra effort.

Continuing the orchard analogy > I see peak apple season over already. Pickers are apparently abandoning the trees in droves, instead looking to big apple collectors to snag a slice now and again (pools). Meanwhile, my little basket is collecting some (whole) fruit, left ripe in the orchard. I’ll not be giving you even a (small) bite out of any of them, thank you very much :grin:

Yes, you are right… time does matter…and it’s on my side … as well as yours my friend … with your siren song to the impatient :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If life was too short I wouldn’t be here lol! And, as always, your best (and only) years are ahead of you … and me. Happy farming and/or pooling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the Time Value of Money has a big role here. Money now is objectively better than money later, though by how much will depend. Pools are also kind of like luck insurance. You guarantee that you won’t be unlucky and never get a reward, but you pay the price both on the fee and also in the lost opportunity to be overly lucky. This trade off is worth it for some.

Neither choice is “wrong” it just depends on your preferences, patience, and tolerance for risk.

1 Like

The pool is the best choice, as the netspace is going up, the later the little earns,

if the netspace is stable, both choice is ok.

I think this sums it all up.
Although I would like to add, that with small amount of plots (<1000) it is an easier choice.

If you want to gamble and also want to get a contious payment at the same time, you can make solo with half of your plots and pool with the other half. Thats what I do🙂

4 Likes

Personally this is why I don’t want to join a pool, Ever. Pools are no fun really… I prefer to wait until I win the lottery but again, I am not investing a lot in this. I can afford to keep all my hard drives online for a few years. Will I be unlucky? Is it a bad decision? Maybe, but just like playing the lottery… I don’t play to win, I play for the thrill of winning. That means I don’t mind losing money to have some fun. BUT your investment is carrying some weight so please act accordingly. Just like Ksevin said, maybe use half of your plots to use in pools but that means you’re ROI will be affected. No one knows what will happen in 1 year from today or 5-10 years… it’s all a gamble

3 Likes

It will be fun to come back in a year or two and see how things have panned out pools rewards vs. solo. Right now, it’s plain there are a two camps. Those concerned with their $$ spent and want to start getting something back, right now, then those who spent without regard for returns, looking instead for the ‘fun part’, for the computer education, or maybe the gambling aspect and the thrill of the win.

It’s nice we all have these choices, and now a whole new demographic added, the pool operator and their wants and desires.

3 Likes

To me, it was fun to construct a pc to run chia.exe. Realizing that the case could hold only two hard drives, I had to buy a big one (fractal design meshify S2). Being a huge case it has now 8 drives and I can add probably 5 more I hope :slightly_smiling_face:. I also have 6 usb drives and 4 more usb 3.0 ports, thanks to a pci express card. So chia mining is fun for me.

2 Likes

I just know that some day I will look at Chia’s GUI to see 2 more XCH added to my account. That will feel amazing! All I’m saying is for everyone to do whatever feels like is the best choice for them. That’s the right choice. Like you said, there are so many options now with Chia and in a year there will be even more.
I expect them to invest a lot of money in development, they have 60mil in the bank to hire some of the best brains in world. Hopefully there are no hidden agendas but who knows? Carpe diem! :rofl:

2 Likes

Won twice within 10 days. Not going to pool. Pools kill luck for lucky people. Plus all the guys with bad and slow setups will drain down your income when you are in a pool. Think about it. The pools will attract all the losers and overall decrease chances of winning for average people.

Why do they not win? Because they have no clue and set everything very badly up. When you join such a pool, your expected income is gonna drop significantly. Of course if you have no clue about PC Hardware, Chia setup and a bad internet connection going into a pool is the best that can happen for you because you would never win a single XCH but in a pool you get a share of the XCH other people with better setup, faster internet etc. win for you.

With how many plots?

about 200 - 220 GB. :innocent: