Drjones~Redemption~chia farming Secrets revealed

point exactly.

i thank you

ill be back proof or not

I came here from Reddit myself; it’s worse there. At least here we can pitch our experiences as farmers in here, over there they moderate out or downvote discussion that isn’t Chia project centric (as an organization). If you want to make a skeptic page, you’ll probably have to ‘roll your own.’ A “why Chia is broken” video might actually do pretty well on youtube if you brave it out in the comments below; that’s an idea too.

2 Likes

Really, no need for that. He brought up an issue that on the surface looks like legit. It is really easy to verify, just create one extra harvester, and wait for the next win. If there is anything behind this theory, the win should be 2x what is normal (i.e., 4 XCH). As the problem is already dealt with while pooling (i.e., he was already banned for doing that), the only option is going solo. So, really, he just needs to wait for the next win, and report back whether that was a standard 2 XCH or 4 XCH. (If it works, I have no doubt that someone will help him modify the farmer code and let the rest us know how to do it, and we can just go with one plot pretending to be 1EB worht of netspace. I guess, farming just one plot and having it to be 1 EB of netspace would be greenest bc out there. :wink: )

However, I agree with him that the software is displaying garbage, instead of properly verifying plots. The root of that is that the software does really shit to help us farmers locate those dups, especially when those are across different harvesters (e.g., recent thread by @Fuzeguy ). Potentially fixing this bug would also lead to fixing this duplicate harvester nonsense.

By the way, as far as him stating that the forum sucks is really funny. He was already banned before from the forum, also as he writes he disrespects this forum, yet he still is sticking around trolling others.

4 Likes

There’s literally no way for that to happen unless he won a block and someone included 2XCH in fees.

Why doesn’t he just show us proof?

Answer: He’s a troll.

2 Likes

He is the only one questioning that, so let him roll. No point to continue this thread as it is only he said she said (as at least all of us know that this will not work, and he either doesn’t understand that or just trolls), plus few more people fanning the flames and bringing zilch to this thread but feeding those exchanges. Also, I used that 2x as that is good enough to test it (likelihood of having the second 2 XCH as a transaction fee is rather zilch, plus the origin of that coin may not be the same as the winning one, also transactions are listed differently, so I would not worry about that), but as far as I understand, he already has 10-100x harvesters (killing his proof lookup times).

He cannot show anything from the pool, as once he submits a couple of partials, he will be automatically banned (for duplicates and persistent submission, where there are no partials when soloing). So, really the only thing to do is to wait for his time to win (ETW based on his original plots) and show us the second transaction going into his account for that win (what will not happen, but at least we don’t need to argue here anymore).

3 Likes

That is like expecting political debates to end.

@jonesjr will not stop. If not in this thread, then in some other thread.

1 Like

I’m riding my bicycle up there with a roll of lan cable!!!

2 Likes

So I have a question, perhaps not been following along enough here, so many words.

It goes like this>

Say we have, i don’t know, a few identical nodes in all respects running, each with a unique wallet address. But each node 's harvester points to the same plots, through the identical connections, so no significant lookup speed differences. {For sake of this example, we keep the plots on silicon storage (perhaps even cached in memory), so lookups from the different harvesters take place ‘virtually’ instantaneous.)

A plot wins… which wallet(s) gets the XCH? And how is it decided?

I’d read somewhere sometime ago that multiple XCH can be given out at a time when a block is found… Is this how it happens?

2 Likes

The block reward is always 2XCH. Timelords will determine which node returned the answer first. Other proofs will be orphaned.

4 Likes

When you create a plot, you need to provide your farmer public key. This binds your plots basically to your mnemonics. So, in order to farm those duplicate plots, you need to have those nodes be run on the same mnemonics. What wallet you run on each node is really irrelevant. So, in case of win, your submissions will be seen as duplicates, and trimmed accordingly.

2 Likes

Ahhh! Good catch :wink: that darn farmer public key.

Just to clarify that. Those nodes need to be aware of those mnemonics (having them on the keyring). Basically, the farmer farms all plots that are bound to mnemonics stored in the keyring, regardless which mnemonics from that set were used to start GUI.

2 Likes

this place never disappoints :rofl:

its funny because we will all be filthy rich in 10 years…

still just bickering…mortals.

just sayin this place is hilarious.

when the ship landed in my pool
they told me about what the future was like and explained the one and only
galactic currency

chia coin

1 Like

church

well put.

now… it would be a lot easier and quicker. if for someone with a large number of plots to do this.
replotting is taking forever…

seems like people are scared to try.

i hurd ur grammer is poor and you smell like cheeses.
you consistently have nothing to say in my threads.
absolutely nothing on topic

ur a troll of a “troll” hiding your own trollnes. you sir are the troliast bar non

sorry i dont have any cute lil videos explaining what i just said there.

the problem is your not even funny. ur trolly,

what you do is troll me

iv never once trolled you. ive only ever tried to help you.
i.e. trolling as defined by me
find a sertaint persons threads and dilibritly ruin or miss guid somthing.

ya know the definition of a troll now.

you could say im trolling the whole forum.
but thats obserd if you where not such a troll you would listen to reson. but you have non and ur a slimy lil troll. pops out. gives me headache.messes everything up. quoting people. posting meemes. where adults here i believe.

you degrade this forum

that true

i dont think ill be paid twice for the same plot. that would be cool tho…and probable perhaps
only one way to find out. i just had to get a full time job. instead of living off my chia.

if i can show on chain my farm sitting at way way higher than what i actually have…
thats a problem. that means farmers have to potential to blufff the sizes of their farm

i know u can understand that

clearly im just crazy with a touch of brilliance.

it all happens on chain.

thats a fantastic idea… ill give it some thought. once i have any sort of results i think i will make that video./

1 Like

i just need time to replot. for the 4th time now… iv ben talking about this for 3 years. sharing my experiences and testings. debuging and optimizations. i dont have a farmer lager than a couple hundered tb. so getting your results is taking alot of time for me.
but i gave it all i had and i know it will pay off.

2 Likes