Farm Check : No Wins

In theory unlimited. You can’t retrieve former addresses used. The wallet however has the master key and accumulates all.

–CORRECTION-- apearantly you can but a bit of a trick: https://chiaforum.com/t/check-if-receive-address-is-tied-to-wallet/11102/4

But I’m pretty sure those reward addresses are not on your wallet, otherwise the .25 farmer rewards would have shown up and there would not be a warning about no keys for those addresses… Still, I was wrong about no way to retrieve former addresses.

–END CORRECTION–

If you never changed the Farmer and Pool reward addresses in Farm section they should still be the first address as in chia keys show, but then no idea why it’s complaining about no keys…

I don’t know how chiapools works.
Pools can (at least) have two mechanisms for the receive address for the payouts.
They can aquire that address from a 5 minute handshake between your client and their server, so a dynamic address (spacefarmer.io does).
Or they take only the initial receive address from the client and you have to change it on their portal behind your login (space pool does).
All this only for the receive address for the pool-rewards, not the farmer reward…So I don’t have a clue yet if you never changed those addresses manually and have always been working from one set of mnemonics. Chrismas diner time now, but I’ll chew on it some more during :yum:

You won two block thus far, so the farm is working ok…at least that is clear now.

1 Like

Where do you see this?

The fingerprint of this wallet is different. So if you don’t have 24 words for it, you can’t reach it.

I have the same, but using a cold wallet (with different keys) so to be expected.

Same for you. Exclamation warning. This wallet is different from the farm wallet. The fingerprint of this wallet is different. This wallet has different 24 words. So if you don’t have 24 words for it, you can’t reach it.

How do these addresses get populated?

At this time, no one should ask if they are unlucky. Guys this is purely luck. This is lottery. Period.

You see I won a block. Yes, finally last Nov 20, 2021 since joining in April 2021. Number of plots? 390 plots. Converted my OG plots from July and bought new disks.

Don’t bet on the Estimated Time to Win (ETW). It’s a fluke. Why? Because the plot that won me a block last Nov 20 was plotted (using Madmax) two weeks before that. So, very recent plot. Estimated Time to Win (7 months) therefore for that plot does not apply. I suppose the ETW applies to old plots (7 months before). I conclude there’s no correlation with ETW and when your plot was created.

Therefore this is pure luck. The more you have plots supposedly will win you more and regularly, but that’s not the case. Your latest created plots may win you a block. Many already posted here winning with lesser number of plots than mine. Some have more plots that you and still have not won any.

Just cross your fingers. Your wins will come. I hope it will be soon.

@huntingground
So you think this may have happened?
Used a test set of keys first, that populated the farmer- and pool-reward addresses, and later on you created another set of keys for further use (and possibly deleted the test-keys).
Sounds feasible, though very unfortunate if you don’t have the first set of test mnemonics anymore.

It is true a chia client can have several sets of keys/wallets, and can farm plots for those keys simultaneously. I have a small test steup and observed that deleting one wallet does not show it in GUI or chia keys show anymore, but the wallet db files are persistent.
Also just tested and switching keys/wallet through the Keys tab does not change the reward-address in config.yaml…

I so hope you have noted the first set of mnemonics somewhere and can find them, if this is the case.
Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I only remember having one wallet :upside_down_face:

You realize that your two POOLING_WALLETs show that you have created two NFTs?

As a result, you have three wallets; One MAIN_WALLET and two POOLING_WALLETs.

All are controlled/overseen by your one set of mnemonic keys but each wallet has different addresses.

If you have joined a pool, they can change you pool wallet payout address’s, maybe for good reason and traceable, but not for sure.

The GUI does not let me delete the left hand pool NFT.

The chance of an individual plot winning a block does not change if you plotted it six minutes or six months ago. Your recently created plot winning a block falls right within the math of 390 plots. There is no such thing as a lucky or better performing plot. ETW is not a fluke, it is an estimate calculated using probability and statistics.

With your 390 plots, your ETW is six months so you are lucky enough to be right on schedule statistically. Ahead if you count the fact that you were plotting.

huntingground has 3649 plots with an ETW of 20 days and no wins since July 7, or over 5 months.

This is so far outside the realm of statistical probability that you might want to start worrying about getting hit by lightning.

huntingground needs to search for and find the real source of his problem which is definitely not bad luck.

1 Like

You cannot delete an NFT, it is part of the block chain. You have no plots to the NFT so it really does not matter, UNLESS you somehow get the addresses mixed up or join the wrong NFT to a pool.

You can remove reference to the NFT and pool wallet in the config.yaml if it bugs you. The NFT will not disappear, but the client will no longer see or try to process it or it’s wallet.

I figured you had a situation as in the ‘bug’ reports you posted, but no so appearantly.
And have never manually changed the reward addresses in GUI or config.yaml…
I have no further clues how that reward address ended up in your config, not even being an address in your one-and-only ever used wallet… One of life’s misteries (quoting Tom Cruise in Top Gun 2, will that movie ever run???)

The thing is, his farm is doing just fine, found two blocks so nothing outside of ‘normal’ bandwidth for ETW, just not so lucky. Only thing is his rewards (1.75+0.25 solo and 0.25 farmers reward while pooling) went to a reward address outside his wallet but in his config. @Aspy68 Any clues?

My only explanation.
Someone changed them.
Some software changed them.
Or compromised comp

But with funds still sat there, and other rewards safe, these seem unlikely