Few facts about "compressed plot"

I have a 2tb temp drive and then then get copied to the destination drives.

Here’s my string thats been working.

cuda_plot_k32v24b -n 888 -x 11337 -M 128 -S 4 -C 7 -t F:\nvme\ -d H:\mmxk32c\ -d I:\mmxk32c\ -d J:\mmxk32c\ -d K:\mmxk32c\ -f fff -p ppp

so you have 1000 dirs in Windows for each drive?

I have always 8 disks LVM JBODs. I cannot imagine anything over 5 arrays separate drives management.

It may be good for some hobby plotting if you have farm under 10 disks. How do you want to plot for >1PB?

Each drive has one directory as list above, when the drive is full its disconnected and connected to the farmer. And each PB is made up of how many disks? Hmmm I have more than 10 disks trust me :joy: And I use my cigarette money to buy them ( I never smoked in my life). I no longer maintain a Dev lab that had over 300 servers for VOIP dev. So I tinker with just a little more than half a dozen servers.

so you save time on plotting, but wasting it by connecting drives in circles…interesting strategy.

It takes 25 hours on average to fill up 18TB HDD.

With your strategy to filling up 5 disks at once to keep up with 2minutes plots…you waste another 4 hours by connecting/reconnecting disks in circles…not to mention managing hundred of disks. I have 7 folders for 700+ TB…done.

I create 8 disk array…hook it up to farm…2h work including custom made HDD holder in 4R server rack housing.

Done…then I live, and get filthy rich :wink: why make your life complicated?

If I waste 4 hours, I can buy 27TB disk.

1 Like

So you made that custom hard drive holder in 2hrs, do you also plot onto those drives from your farmer? And why are you playing around with 4TB disks? All we hear from you trying to say how filthy rich you are and are going to get. Can I give a life tip from an older guy, people that really have money don’t have a need to try and convince people that they do. Maybe you can learn something today. And say hi to Johnny Quest when you see him next.

The point is to have fun and help others.

By the way you showed us a picture of 8 drives, can you stand at the door opening and get a bigger picture?

5 Likes

Nice rack you have there… :blush: do you use silicon vibration isolation washers to mount the drives? Also did you CNC the bracket yourself or buy it? Maybe something to do at your work?

you mean 14TB spare drive ready for sale ROFL Don’t be fooled by cropped pics…you always get only what you need to know.

rich people try to educate poor…but poverty is choice, no wonder there are so many poor with strategies like yours. It is your life, you can either learn from rich or save on smokes as you like to point out :wink:

I can’t give bigger picture due proprietary custom farm created by HR Labs. If everybody knows, I stop making money :stuck_out_tongue: but you can hire me for 150chf/hour

I do not know how about you, but if I decide to have fun, I always ask “what is for me”. I wanna become filthy rich, and also earn money. If you like to waste your hard-earned money you worked for your whole life as you claim, and still be poor…that is your choice of fun.

I wonder how you feel about your fun once you retire, and cannot pay bills. But it looks like that is a common strategy of poor.

That is the secret of HR Networking and HR Labs department :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I fired up SolidWorks…created some funny stuff just to warm up my rich brain…mounted a plate into CNC machine…17min later ready for HDDs.

Just a prototype, proof of concept. It is too expensive for commercial use. But it looks cool :smiley: There are more versions with cooling, fan holders…but they stayed on virtual drawing board.

Maybe one day, when Chia is back to 1600$, I will make most advanced 4R custom rack ever made on Earth ROFL

1 Like

What is this you speak of…some company?

Lol these big screws with those rings made my Day :joy::joy:

If I tell you, bad accident is going to happen to you. Do you really wanna know? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure…like my jacket says…“Too old to Die!” :rofl:

I was laughing too…but if you find out how much it costs in comparison with server cases or other stuff…you will be banging your head on wall, why did you waste so much money ROFL

Ugly is new cheap sexy :smiley: 4R custom rack server did cost less than network cable ROFL

I alwas laugh about kids discussing 2-4U old rack servers, USB hubs, and other crap. You still have 6-8 years ROI just on HDDs and there are kids that plot for >0.1$ per plot :smiley:

Yes you know all thing better than everybody else…wonderful, good job, so good, really impressive…
Now bugger off please

3 Likes