Fork of Chia - Chaingreen

I’m going to keep testing but understood and I agree.

I just found my Chaingreen client out of sync. Looked below and saw two 8444 connections. I disconnected the 8444 connections.

Until Chaingreen fixes their client and stops it from accepting Chia peers (they were hoping they had already fixed this, but obviously not) Chaingreen is accepting info from two different block chains.

Is there a discord for ChainGreen?

Yes here. Hidden in their forums on chaingreen.org.

Small update from myself. I watched the discussions going round in their discord and decided not to try it out. Seems buggy as hell.

1 Like

This is the testnet, lol!

The coin has almost zero theoretical value and cannot be traded anywhere, anywaze. Chances are good that it will never be a viable coin.

On the other hand, Chaingreen have tried to address many issues that have been raised about Chia and it is possible that they could become a successful and attractive alternative.

If it does happen to work out then I might be one of the lucky few who farmed early. If not, I am out almost nothing.

So far, Chaingreen is a successful addition to my crypto hobby.

2 Likes

What is the limit of chaingreen coins?

I don’t know except that the number is very, very large, but limited. If I have it right, they are rewarding over 2 million coins a day. More of a tiny denomination coin with room to grow.

Head to the Discord forums for your answers.

I do not know if the user was correct but one peep at discord said that all of the coin rewarded so far was worth less than a dollar, lolz!

BTW they fixed the connect to 8444 problem days ago. I downloaded the newest client from github and my updated Chaingreen client no longer accepts port 8444 connections.

Some would say the same of Chia.

1 Like

Chaingreen brings back memories of my first days with Chia. Many of the “problems” are user learning errors.
I setup Chaingreen and had sync and 3000 CGN the next morning. I noticed 8444s connecting, downloaded the newest client and won another 500 CGN before upgrading. I deleted the contents of the wallet db and blockchain db folders to ensure I was getting clean copies and went to bed. I woke up to Chaingreen synced and working again, and to my mild surprise, I still have 3500 CGN. There are no more 8444 connections.
Having Chaingreen sharing my plotting rig has slowed down Chia plotting by almost 10%. This makes sense as I was pushing my cpu already. If I change my setup I can remove this slow down. Other than that, it has presented no problems.
So far, so good.

What’s the current time to win for which amount of plots?

I received 7 wins in 48 hours and am farming 15 TiB atm. The time to win always incorrectly reads, “a few seconds”. They are still having trouble defining/relaying correct network size.

1 Like

Why are you shilling this fork?

It’s just a circle jerk of the same 10 people asking “what is the current height” because the chain splits every 15 minutes, nobody knows what the “real chain” is…

Any coins you get are likely on an orphaned chain and once you get on the “real” chain those are then taken away.

It’s a clown-show.

I appreciate the choice of Times New Roman for the logo – gives it that authentic Chinese look. :wink:

I have said repeatedly that CGN is worth exactly nothing at this time, is buggy, and is under supported. I am shilling for no one.

I have become disenchanted with the unstoppable, incredible growth of the Chia Network. I spent cash for which I will probably never see a ROI.

Unlike Chia, CGN had no coins set aside for the devs on day one and is limited in numbers. Some of the main concerns brought up about Chia are addressed by CGN.

Watching my time to win on Chia grow further away as I slowly plot has become less and less fun.

Unlike Chia, I have not spent a cent adding Chaingreen.

The discord forum has more than one channel. You were watching that silly exchange on general last night. There is a lot of sensible conversation and discussion. Like any forum, there is also silliness.

Coins losses and sync failures are being experienced by peeps not using the latest client. This is a Chaingreen failure as the latest version is only available via github, not their webpage, but they are trying to do due diligence before release, so I get it.

I’m not shilling for anybody. I am enjoying myself and hedging my Chia bet as best I can.

Why are you so worried about the competition?

4 Likes

an honest answer, I salute you for that.

The problem is that you are shilling this fork and others may think it’s a good idea to follow.
As mentioned before this is a security risk, and a disaster waiting to happen.

It is very rude of you to continue to accuse me of “shilling”.

I have not pushed anything, just described my experience.

You don’t believe or like my positive results and accuse me of being a shill.

“As mentioned before this is a security risk, and a disaster waiting to happen.” Yes you have said this before and provided nothing to back up your statement.

The fact that you dislike CGN is causing you to become confrontational.

Back off.

A shill is a hustler or con-person who tries to convince other people to buy something or think something is great (shilling )

it’s a clown-show mate, it’s blockchain that splits every 15 minutes because the devs are way out of their league.

You are portraying it as “same as Chia at the start” or “so far so good”… there for you are shilling the fork.

My purpose is not to wrong you, but to inform others to stay far away from this.

1 Like

Accusing me of of being a con-man is purposefully wronging me, however you like to rationalize it.

I have been one of the strongest voices cautioning against shoddy Chia pool start-ups. I presented the facts that led to my concerns in every case. I relented with one pool as they showed they were probably viable. I am not inflexible and am concerned about the welfare of others. I have nothing to do with CGN, any of the pools I argued against or gave a pass to.

Wrong.

Yet you have no facts to present as to why.

Chaingreen is a free addition to my earnings potential without significant risk. I risked much more getting into Chia in the first place.

Stop name calling and start laying out your facts. If you can show that CGN is a financial or security risk, please do so.

1 Like

It’s detrimental to the Chia community if their XCH gets stolen because they read this forum thread and followed.

We can all share our opinions, sometimes you get called out on them.

People should do their own research, I recommend they hop on this fork’s Discord so they can decide the state of this blockchain themselves.

Where are your facts?
How might this happen?
If you are correct, would Chia not susceptible to the same fail?

You are just spreading fear to support your failed factual opposition as you wish to win an argument.

Once again, Chaingreen is a free addition to my earnings potential without significant risk. I risked much more getting into Chia in the first place. If you can show that CGN is a financial or security risk, please do so.

2 Likes

OMG
Even more chance to win nothing…

2 Likes