Fork of Chia - Chaingreen

Everyone makes up their own mind, what risks they want to take etc.

In my view the fork is a disaster waiting to happen, they have no income (no pre-mine or dev fund take from block rewards)… making it much more likely (again in my eyes) they’ll do a rug pull and run with your hard earned XCH.

It’s good to have these discussions on the forum so everyone can make up their own mind with more information.

For sure!

As an almost zero value coin that you cannot even trade yet, I do not see much danger unless Chaingreen actually is a professional scam to steal your key.

I have little plotted compared to most, so my risk is low, but you are on point.

If I had more plots at risk I would have at least waited longer to be more secure in my decision.

Since my personal risk was low, FOMO got me, lolz, but everyone needs to do their research well and make their own decision based upon it.

1 Like

Chaingreen is certainly not without problems at this point, lol!

Forum User:
“Chaingreen, the only coin that acts like a bank. It will clear your block checks, and then bounce them at a later date”

Another User:
“I got three blocks in the last 40 minutes. Please CGN gods… I won’t touch a single setting.
Please don’t take my blocks away.”

But there is also this post which reflects my mindset:
“For 100% of us, this is a dual farm of our Chia plots. It doesn’t need to be better than Chia”

Short of blatant fraud, I don’t care if Chaingreen is ultimately successful. If they are I get a bonus. If they fail I wasted a couple hours of my time.

I tryed but failed.I tuned the port to 8744 tryed to stop then to start so as to Synce but it does not synced though it showed that it trying to synce .So I failed yesterday night.It’s not a fork but a clone of chianet.

The thing is a good idea but the execution looks terrible.

Difficulty is broken, so if you feel bad in Chia for not finding proofs, this is just the contrary. Everybody finds proofs all the time, the processes are steaming hot getting 100% CPU resources and the network is flooded with block submissions, so it seems to be another layer of randomness to get the rewards. The consensus could be defined as PoF, proof of flooding. Also because of that the load in the storage is like x10 that of Chia, no good at all for the mechanical disks.

It is so bad that the farmers sometimes are refusing to find more proofs because they find too many proofs for each challenge.

Nobody seems to know the real network size due to the general messiness.

People are running their own timelords in the hope of being more competitive so that’s another 100% CPU process you have to run. It is a race of flooding the network with as many blocks as fast as possible,

Then they somehow managed to get genuine Chia clients mixed in their network, so the P2P protocol is a total mess and there seems to be countless chains that come and go with different heights. Nobody knows the real block height because there is no block explorer, and coins and transactions dissapear randomly.

4 Likes

hi all
we have to wait for the official swimming pool, I have no confidence, once the network is secure, all the people who have drawn for unofficial swimming pools, will waste their money and their time, it’s like the story of the hare and the tortoise

I haven’t heard about them until you mentioned them.

But I’ve checked their website and these are my intial thoughts:

• I like that they didn’t pre-mined coins
  • I like that they focus on development and not on marketing
  • I like that they’re somewhat sustainable
  • I like that don’t have unlimited supply
  • I like that they’re community funded (from the community for the community)

I’ve also checked their discord community and it’s safe to say that there is a deffinite hype about this small but promising project.

But they, for sure, aren’t perfect. Common complaints include: problems with the the mining client, syncing with nodes, ocassional cry for not getting rewards and etc.

The Dev team seems to be helpfull and engaged with the community and their requests.

I found out that there are also a lot people that jumped on the Chaingreen bagon to simply dual farm.

So, this is my research and I’m thinking to try them out, but you do you.

2 Likes

After a reasonable amount of research. I installed Chaingreen next to Chia last night to test it myself.

Chaingreen synced while I slept and I woke to find 3000 CGN in my Chaingreen wallet. I realize that it is quite possible that I do not actually have the 3000 CGN, but it’s not a bad start.

Both Chia and Chaingreen clients are running, Chia plotting and farming, while Chaingreen just farms. Both clients seem happy, my plotting has not slowed, and my PC did not explode.

I’ll keep ya updated …

1 Like

Can the forum moderator put a warning label on this thread?

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

What is your basis for the comment? You have expressed your fears. Myself and others have decided the risk is acceptable.

Do you have evidence to support this statement?

Yes it is a Chia fork/copy and yes their development team and wallet is not as thick as I would like but there are no signs of fraud. The dev team is open and responsive. Hopefully they will get it right.

What disaster do you expect to happen to me? Chaingreen fails and I lose my free coins? I already spent my money so using what I have to possibly earn more makes perfect sense to me and the risk seems to be minimal as long as proper precautions are taken.

1 Like

Has any HPool member tried this? I think it might be useful to make use the existing plots and it shouldn’t breakT&C as it’s a different network and shouldn’t count as double-farming. I have a mind to give it a go even though I’m not very bullish about its future.

1 Like

I think the reward is 500 CGN per block, right?

Yes, the reward is 500CGN per win.

3000 nothings at this point, lol! Still, I am pleased …

I am creating new cold wallets for both Chia and Chaingreen and will immediately transfer all coins to cold wallets starting today.

Yesterday it was synced but then, it just waits while normal chia is farming. The second I close chia, it starts farming.
In my case, when one is actively farming, the other waits. Farming both at the same time has no result.

Well that’s sort of important! My clients appear to both be farming simultaneously. Am I missing something?

I do not think I really own the 3000 coins I show.

The network size stated in my Chaingreen farming screen seems way too low. According to the client I should be winning many times a day.

I’ll let ya know what happens when I try to transfer the coins and/or restart the client which seems to be when most coins disappear, lolz!

Chaingreen is definitely a work in progress. We have yet to see whether the Chaingreen team can pull this off.

What do you mean with that sentence?

I realize that it is quite possible that I do not actually have the 3000 CGN, but it’s not a bad start.

Why wouldn’t you have those CGN if you farmed them?

still feels like getting more than 0.001 x $400 :rofl:

1 Like

Chaingreen is having problems with their client accepting 8444 peers and other issues.

A few peeps are seeing wins which were not correct and winnings disappear when they re-start the client. Discussed heavily on the discord above with good discourse involving Devs.

Wow, this makes it sound totally unusable. I’m open to trying new projects, but not when they have this many serious issues.

1 Like

I see it like a “we don’t have time to make testnets, mainnet is the new testnet” approach to Crypto.