FYI: Network is down @ block 255108 -- Upgrade to 1.1.5 ASAP

I figured (having no knowledge of what they actually changed) this might solve network congestion issues if enough people install it. Can’t help any one person sync without also helping most other network participants.

Here is news from the Chia Team’s Keybase. Sorgente is a developer on the Chia Team.

2 Likes

Oh man, people going nuts on Reddit.

Regarding Hpool and 51% attacks.

I think threshold is lower for Chia, but at the same time harder to pull off, requiring more coordination (hpool would need to be one farmer, or rewrite code for special coordination). And no network delay would signal the event unlike in Bitcoin. Sorry for a heavy paper, but that’s what I’ve got (certain big name on it got me interested in Chia) [2005.10484] Everything is a Race and Nakamoto Always Wins

Those reddit folks need to chill. It’s not a big deal, literally the first few months of the network, something was bound to go wrong. Do they know most traditional financial resources go offline all night and all weekend? I suspect chia can survive a 30min downtime!

But I do expect a nice write up with exactly what went wrong (timelords?) and why it won’t happen anymore.

My post above explains what was happening from one of the Chia Devs

1 Like

Mine is stuck at 255143 now and I am connected to the node.chia.net full node and says that is at that height too. I guess everything is stopped again on that height?

I’m sure this is going to keep happening until the Hotfix is out and people install it.

2 Likes

Same here, stuck at 255143.

Anyone know if it will start working again once the devs fix it or will we need to download a new client?

You have some news from team ?
Patch installed but seem not sync.
Dev share an IP for sync ?

Their chat need approbation and seem not approve new members so no news :frowning:

nings…read the whole post please: FYI: Network is down @ block 255108 - #22 by Blueoxx

2 Likes

For the sake of transparency and to quell the conspiracy theories etc (51% attack et all), would be nice when things get back to normal that there is a full and frank explanation of what happened.

3 Likes

Just started syncing again for me.

I have 3 machines here, 1 of them is farming normally, the other 2 are offline, not synced

same but still not access to keybase chat

this one that are farming not stopped today

Submit exploit report/low profile PR to address issue

Vs

Crash the network and cause devs to make emergency PR

Ah well better now than later

Is this a public slack that we may join?

So this explains the traffic spike to the forum then…

It’s going to be ok folks, I have a lot of confidence in the team behind chia. Software breaks sometimes, especially new software that’s very popular.

2 Likes

We come from reddit :slightly_smiling_face: