Gigahorse Compressed GPU Plot Client Released! Start Plotting Now!

i’m confused, with what client? is it different netspace than mainnet?

Same mainnet, client is used / needed so fee can be collected.

what client? where can it be downloaded with setup instructions? thank you.

found it nevermind

has anybody won yet few xch?

If your asking do compressed plots actually produce winning proofs: yes! Many reported wins from compressed plots.

Quick update,

Was able to get my K33 (half RAM 256GB) down to 21 mins and also the first time my subsequent plots are faster than the first!

Switched from mdadm RAID to my Dells Intel RAID.

But the biggest help was switching -M from 128 to 64.

1 Like

What is plot filter, 256, 512 ? Where is it, what is it about?

Nevermind. FAQ · Chia-Network/chia-blockchain Wiki · GitHub

I should cut talking to myself in this forum :smile:

2 Likes

What is ?

Need more details,

What kind of hardware are you running?

Maybe you are short on RAM or VRAM? Did you play with -M 128 / 64? What is your GPU?

Looks like you are possibly using a ramdisk, and that is not needed. The plotter will allocate the ram it needs. The -t should be a fast NVME or ssd.

Detail
Ram 3 310 GB
NVIDIA 104-100 8 gb
Plots running from direct ram and next stage from nvme
Set : -r30 -n1 -G -t ram -d disk -c contract key -f farmer key

No, the “@RAM” is normal…just how it works. He didn’t make any RANDisk (or so it appears).

image The working directory is labeled /ram, so that is what I keyed off of. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a ram drive.

So, what is behind -t ram? Is that a RAM disk (tmpfs mounted there)? This should be an NVMe, as based on your command the plotter is going to grab 256 GB for the plotter, and you have not much left for a RAM disk.

No ,i copy from nvme / ram have free.
I tested more config also one result

Are you trying to use CPU or GPU plotter (looks like CPU -r -G)? (Sorry @JeffJN , started it differently, the question is for @gigilio )

I try GPU plot
I must looking and verife drivers .
Not work all plotter / bug is from card

These are no good for plotting, due to limited PCIe lanes and speed.

Downgraded my Linux kernel from 5.19 to 5.15 and Gigahorse Cuda Plotter works best on kernel 5.15.

If you do have 5.19, you’ll need to play with -M setting. Start with M setting half of your total system RAM. If you still have issues, lower it to a quarter of your System RAM. You may need to remove/disable OOMD as well to prevent it from crashing.

If using 5.15, it just works without doing anything with M settings.

5:15 is slightly faster as it’s working with unlimited memory as designed.

I’m getting roughly 1.5 minutes faster with 5.15 vs 5.19 plotting K33 plots using half RAM mode (256GB).

5.19 works, just slightly slower and takes a bit more tweaking currently….

1 Like