Gigahorse GPU Plotter, GPU Farmer, Plot Sink: Boost Your Chia Farm by 47.2%! Plot in <2 Minutes

Bragging rights :wink:

But also higher K size has less disk IO, if that is an issue for you.

And of course the ever lasting fear of K33 being the minimum some day.

3 Likes

i see i see bragging rights we live for :upside_down_face:

let me repeat my another question above, i’m not sure you were answered me. plots check proof time doubles with next compression level, see screenshot above C7,C8,C9. is it all good, or C7 has better chance to win?

Yes of course, higher compression = more compute.

As long as you can compute fast enough it’s not a problem. C7+ is only intended for GPU.

well, is 2000ms is overkill for c9? it’s not fast enough, right?

Why would it not be fast enough? Anything below 20 sec for a full proof is fine. Quality lookups should be below 5 sec.

ok let me rephrase, would better hardware farming same plot size/compression more winnable because of less proof found time?

No, unless the slower hardware is too slow and produces stale partials.

Thank you for the reply, I’ll go with the 3060 then, I don’t game much these days so I’ll keep the 1650 in my main PC (3080 won’t fit)

By using a combination of plot sizes I could fill more space on the drives, that’s the main reason I used a combination of plot sizes.

1 Like

i’m not in the pool, so no partials

and yet most of them should be c9 to achive best farm size

C9 is usually less profitable due to higher compute cost

Madmax has previously mentioned that C9 has very high compute cost, so I’ll go with C8, but a few C9 plots might be useful to fill the drives.

Using C8 also allows for the plot filter change in the future

could you please explain it more detailed?

Is there some Info on power consumption for farming c7 vs c8 plots?
I have a 1650 for farming which is plenty enough for my size farm.

But not sure whether the c8 will be worth it for extra compute and more power draw?
Or is the amount extra very little and not significant?

See RTX 3060 12 GB card - #3 by madMAx43v3r

Usually C8 is worth it. The only downside is you need to invest more into GPU hardware.

1 Like

plot K size has got inverse relationship to men’s P size.

It is still amusing that people consider K33 with ~20% plotting loss if you can plot nowadays <4 min with 1000$ rig. This future-proof paranoia is almost as amusing as kids claiming 2 years ROI at current XCH prices ROFL

Let’s say Chia changes to K33 in 2025. Meanwhile, computing power will most likely double. You will have same plotting speed/price per plot as nowadays with K32.

There are many math experts. Just ask kids about their plotting costs, farming costs…in most cases there is awkward silence…but those same kids know precisely XCH price will be 200$ in 24 months, and they make killing with their >30k rigs :wink:

so far my 350TiB C8 rig is not worthy :wink:

I guess it needs 1PB to be more interesting than official Chia plots.

350TiB of C8s with 3060Ti. Energy efficiency is lower than official Chia plots. I guess it needs something like 1PB of plots to make it more interesting.