Gigahorse GPU Plotter, GPU Farmer, Plot Sink: Boost Your Chia Farm by 47.2%! Plot in <2 Minutes

Probably someone else has asked these questions before. Sorry for having to answer the same questions over and over again.
1- does this have the same function as the 106gb size k-32? Are the chances of finding blocks the same?
2- Is the response time the same as a 106gb k-32? You know, we have a maximum of 30 seconds.
3- everypool does support that plot files or only flexpool?
4- what hardware is needed to produce the file? I understand this for the video card reduction algorithm. so what else?
5- Is it possible to share an average plot generation time with an average graphics card? for level 7,8 and 9
thank you.

2 Likes

Why don’t you switch to flexpool anyway to be safe since they have one of the lowest pool fees and backup software incase your node stops working , your only gaining by the decision :slight_smile:

And of course we definitely will be the first or near the first to support MC plots.

1 Like

Definitely VIP lounge stuff; it’s for the big fish, not the minnows.

3 Likes

It’s for the guys who are balls deep into debt on this already. True, very true. Not a single piece of that hardware generates revenue, not that big fish (geniuses) need to have business logic explained to them.

3 Likes

You just made Chia much less energy efficient, brilliant! You should work on something even more useful, like a nuclear toaster.

2 Likes

@madMAx43v3r did not make Chia less energy efficient.

Or do you @MontyBurns have information that all current Chia processing is being retired, and only Gigahorse will remain, mandating that 100% of us must transition to it?

Gigahorse’s power requirements are greater. But no one is being forced to use it.

1 Like

So essentially, what you’re saying is ‘Chia won’t be less energy efficient if nobody uses Gigahorse’ :joy: :roll_eyes: :clown_face:

I could see everyone switching to this when you get ~40% more plots for power. Absurdly high dev fee aside

I suspect GPU mining compressed plots will be significantly more efficient for large farms (>PB) as the harddrive power cost per plot will be reduced so it will scale up really well.

For small farms I suspect it will be less efficient but maybe still worth it for the increased pay outs if you already have the hardware laying around.

Disclaimer: just guess here and waiting for someone to do the maths for me :slight_smile:

Please quote where I wrote what you fabricated.

Lulz. English not your first language? I didn’t quote you :roll_eyes:

You have problems with people that have English as a second language?

You also have problems with the free market.
A software developer put an offer on the table. Apparently, he forgot to get your approval to offer his software to the public. Does the public need your approval to purchase or use that software?

Please let the forum readers know your criteria for what you will allow and what you will disallow.

2 Likes

He has a point though.

As a GPU miner I’m pretty familiar with power use of a GPU. I did some very rough math and came up with a 5-10% power increase for your farm if you are using Level 8 plots and very carefully unvervolt gpu while ocing core.

Flexfarmer saves that much for most farmers, especially small ones, yet I haven’t seen you encourage people to use it :smiley:

I find it weird that people are complaining about power usage when around 99% of farmers are using a power inefficient chia farming client that will also lower the lifespan of your equipment.

And its not just dropping the node that makes it efficient, we improved upon a lot and rewrote the PoST. The latest update offering Direct I/O is already showing large benefits based on feedback.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have problems with constipation.

Um, I dont know if personal attacks are allowed but this is kind of much.

2 Likes

The forum was getting pretty quiet so its nice to see it active. I think some competition is fine but yes we shouldn’t let it get out of hand plus replies should focus on hardware/software not biology this is Chia.

4 Likes

I stated a fact and the guy came at me with multiple lame posts, I’m not Jesus

Sorry couldn’t resist:

You May Now Praise Me As Your Almighty! (The Simpsons)

1 Like

Petition to rename this to GIGACHAD plotter

5 Likes