Gigahorse Taking 63% of Farmer Rewards

Hello, madMAx43v3r, I need your help with a rather large amount of fees being taken. I have had 11 blocks found over the last seven months and 7 of the rewards have been taken as a fee by gigahorse. This is an equivalent fee of 63.6%. I was under the impression that the fee was supposed to be in the 3-4% range. I do realize the fee should be averaged out over time and that there can be a large group of rewards taken at certain times, but from what I’m seeing it is not going to average out and reduce it by an order of magnitude. Please advise.

1 Like

Replot and go with bladebit, it has no fee.

2 Likes

I’m thinking I will. Thanks!

1 Like

The problem is: you suck at math, sorry but there it is

The farmer reward is only .25 xch out of the full 2 xch block reward
.25 out of 2 xch is 12.5%
7 of 11 blocks taken is 63%

So 63% x 12.5% = 7.8%, thats your current fee.

It’s a bit unlucky, sure. But it will even out as you get more blocks .

7 Likes

Go with bladebit if you can and you don’t need to pay a plotter fee.

1 Like

Yes, go with BB, it will cost far more than not paying the fee saves.

I plotted C7 BB plots when I went compressed, I had 30% more effective space, then I replotted to GH C19, I now have 80% more effective space, so far more plots, and far more rewards which well exceeds the fee, end result by paying the fee I earn more. I’ll let someone else do the maths.

2 Likes

I think that you can also add to that farming cost as GH looks like is less taxing on the GPU than BB.

1 Like

Voodoo’s math checks out. Check it out.

There’s someone a while back who had similarly bad math, saying that the farmer reward of 0.25 XCH would eventually become most of the block through halving. He had actually even used a spreadsheet to define 1/8 as 0.25 for some unknown reason.

You’re at 7.8%. You have what seems to be the best performing farmer available (even farms some Bladebit plots better than the official farmer) and you have what seems to be the best compressed plot format available.

It will average out, but not instantly. And the other 7/8 of the rewards you earn will be better for the actual space you use for plots.

But you can also go with Bladebit.

1 Like

There’s no plotter fee for any plotter I’ve ever heard of.

There’s a dev fee for the farmer based on the type of plots and decompression technology used.

From madMAx43v3r/chia-gigahorse (github.com):

1 Like

Yeah go Bladebit . It may even actually work when you try to farm .Or you can restart it anywhere from 15 minutes to hours later like some of us had to figure out and good luck getting a under manned Chia to fix it !
And PS.
Your math does suck.

have you won any block yet with your c19 set?

I can’t remember the exact date I switched (not at home check), but I’ve won 4 or 5 blocks, and only one has gone to Max

1 Like

Why do you ask this question? Have you replotted to C19 and are yet to find a block? I’m interested to know.

i went with c18, i have found few, but i cant tell if it wasnt c8

I have 99% C19 & 1% C8 and haven’t found a block since replotting about 3 weeks ago (estimated time to win 11 days, 368.407 TiB on-disk, 661.576 TiBe (effective)). In fact, I haven’t found a block since 30 Oct :pensive:. I’ve had a string of bad luck, so much I was convinced that it may have been to do with pooling, so decided to go solo 1 Dec. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens, although I’m getting a little disillusioned with it all if I’m honest.

Garethrn,

I hope that in your case it will also turn out to be just a “statistics” problem.
My ETW is also 11 days - you probably read how I described in the post my bad luck ended at 1,090% (120 days without a hit block).

Today I just hit another one - exactly at 100%…

I hope that everything will work as planned for you, like in a “Swiss clock”.
Fingers crossed!

Thanks Pablo, I’m sure it’ll work out in the end. In your post, when you said “No serious error messages, average times are approximately 300-400 ms (rarely, max. 1,500)”, what times were you talking about please?

I talked about “Harvester latency” (GUI).
I looked at today’s times - Avg 205 ms, Max 683 ms.

My average effort is at 98.99% currently, current effort 73%.

I did have some bad luck, had 465% effort back on Match.