Help Creating a setup

Try not taking things out of context, and they will probably make sense!

How is any of that bs?

I wasnt even debating pooling ffs, learn to interpret text properly.

But while were here, i call bs on your statement.
Because if you cant keep a node online solo 100 % of the time , keep all responses at a qualifying time your odds of matching pooling payouts drop severely, ( dependant on overall farm size ) ( thus unique, the thing you were arguing about that i didnt even state, which actually is so)

Sorry when I was harsh in the first place, that wasnt my intent.

All cases are unique, and very much depends on

The reason I took this statement “out of context” is that the question was:

Can you tell me with the setup just like yours how many chia you get per month.

The amount of chia you get is not affected by how much electricity you pay.
→ Pooling allows for more consistent rewards by spreading the risk and potential rewards among multiple individuals, so one can expect similar rewards when pooling.

Of course Hardware cost, depreciation, electricity and so on are all important factors to consider when you want to calculate your profit. My understanding was that Azvedo wanted to know the raw farm output per space in order to factor in running cost and so on.
My experience is that Farm output per net space is very, very consistent when you pool, and if you dont pool, it is relatively consistent over time given that your farm is large enough to farm chia in a timely manner.

Because if you cant keep a node online solo 100 % of the time your odds of matching pooling payouts drop severely,

→ if your node is offline, you dont farm, thus 0 rewards. That goes without saying and should be the same for everyone, pooling or solo.

Because if you cant keep all responses at a qualifying time your odds of matching pooling payouts drop severely

→ I would consider this a Technical problem which ought to be fixed.
If you can’t meet the necessary requirements for consistent participation in a pool, it will negatively impact your potential rewards. This is similar to a truck with mechanical issues hindering its ability to haul cargo effectively. Just like a reliable truck is necessary for consistent cargo transport, meeting the necessary requirements for consistent participation in a pool is necessary for consistent rewards.

I find it odd to compare a fine trailer with a broken trailer with holes in it and thus generalizing “The amount of sand you can haul with a trailer with capacity x varies greatly and thus no qualified assumption can be made”

Even if you don’t pool, I find that rewards generally fluctuate around the expected rewards. For beginners I would definitely recommend starting with a pool. You can switch anytime anyways.

1 Like

No worries.

Well, we will have to disagree, as i clearly answered that with the link to the calc and moved on to roi.

As to pooling, elec cost, no point trying to explain that to me when i clearly already understand…

Enjoy ur day.

2 Likes

Same here with me… now i’m waiting for syned, maybe it take about 2-3 days more to be syned, byw, i need to learn how to setup for farming and further for 2 computer, one for plotting and the other for harvesring, the problem is most of them use code, and i don’t know anything about the code, just copy-paste… and then …failed :slight_smile: really headache

Hello I’ve been doing everything you said and I’ve come to a setup that I think ideal after all I have $18k to spend.
Ploting
Server: supermicro AS-2024-TR
CPU: 2xAMD EPYC7513
Memory: 10x64GB-DDR4 3200
For farming I am in doubt how to do. But I think it’s best to make a separate system like this:
1 supermicro CSE-846_24x3.5 bay
CPU: 2x intel xein E-2609
Memory: 8x16Gb
Nvme: micron 9300 Max 3.2 Tb
Hdd: 24x16tb
Addition of 1Jbod 48 bay in the future with Hdd 16tb

Do you think I got a good setup or can do better

1 Like

If I understand that correctly, that is:

• at last 5k for a plotter
  • 6,4k for plotting harddrives
  • 7k rest for mining server, serverrack, etc.

From your 18k budget, 35% is actual Harddisk space.
You have to keep in mind that storage space/harddrives are what make the money (if any in the current situation)
I would try to maximize for Harddisk space in your budget, aka bringing that 24 HDDs up.
One example where you could save up is the Memory, you are targeting 640 GB ram for ~2000-4500$
lets say you go to 256gb with 8x 32G, for 800-900. That would be an additional up to 3600 or over 50% more disk space from the ram alone.

If possible I’d target 70-80% budget for disk space.

I give you an advice for starting out:
Hold on to your budget (for now.). You got to have a computer at home. If not, get a really basic one at home. Get a couple of 18TB drives (perhaps 3-5) and start from there. See how the plotting and farming works, what the rewards are.
There is a learning curve and the drives wont be full right away anyways. Youll have a month or two until the drives are full. From there everything will be much clearer and you can start upgrading step by step.

With your target plotter, your 24 hdds will probably be full in under 3 months. 3 Months with a lot of work that is, constantly swapping harddrives, transferring files. After those 3 Months, you stand in front of the following decision:
Your 7k plotter is now grey material, a burden. 7k sitting there, doing nothing.
You now have two choices:

• investing in more harddisks (many more, to be precise ~65k investment into harddrives (205 18tb harddrives or 3.6PB) to get to the 80-20 ratio.
  • selling the plotter at a big loss

Also, there is a lot coming up, Compressed plots, GPU plotting, …
Madmax announced gpu plotting (128-256gb ram required) and that might throw off your entire plotting setup.

It is a balancing act of having as many harddrives as possible, running them as cheap as possible and having a plotter that fills harddrives quickly engough to coast along well with the own investment capacity and slowly enough to not sitting idle.

3 Likes

the chia wallet nowadays can plot with fast plotters such as madmax so you dont have to access any comand line interfaces or write your own scripts as far as I know.

For farming on two computers, you start one as full node, the other is only started as farmer/harvester. There yes, you have to edit the config files. need to add the ip adress of your full node.

When you have figured that out, everything becomes a lot easier, as you can just add further riggs and connect them to your full node. Its basically the last step before beeing able to expand further.

2 Likes

Can i use madmax same in my pc win win11?
for farming 2 computer, can i have your details about the configure file or details instruction/link or youtube…
many thanks

Go to the site in discord Discord and read the

#windows-faq nothing gets done without reading information…

3 Likes

Release madMAx43v3r/chia-plotter build for windows v0.0.1-alpha · stotiks/chia-plotter (github.com)

here i think better :slight_smile:

Just by my plotter / farmer and all your problems are gonna be solved. :wink: