Hpool website change - Legit or Hacked?

Currently, I can’t seem to connect to HPool after I restarted my farm. I am changing to https://poolharvest.io/

Yeh seems connection is iffy buy farming is working normally

I have been on Hpool for over a month and have never had any issues. No connection issues or payment issues.

I’ve such cases as well after restarting the docker container with the hpool-miner.
Changing the option minerName in the config.yaml fixed it every time I had this issue.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot. :pray:

just saw that the website changed again… WTF is happening at hpool?
hpool.in looks just like hpool.co, however I haven’t yet logged in…

1 Like

Yes it is legit. I just made a withdrawal. from point of withdrawal and into my cold wallet took about 2 hours.

OK, what am I missing. Now Hpool.co or Hpool.in is not responding. Anyone know what is going on?

It appears to be back up now.

Try https://www.ihpool.com/

So… why have they changed their domain name 3 times in the last month?

hpool.comhpool.co → hpool.in → ihpool.com

Talk about fishy.

hpool.comhpool.co → hpool.in → [ihpool.com ]

All will soon be revealed. Their master plan and true Owner turned out to be the pancake god
→ [ihop.com ]

Evading the CCP crackdown?

my withdrawals are still being honoured. so what’s the issue? is it because now there are pools not run by Chinese so the flaming beings again?

I still have a ton of plots in hpool and it works fine. My question about why the domain keeps changing is a legit question that anyone would ask about any company. It is just fishy. Chinese or not.

3 Likes

Lot’s of reasons
(1) under attack constantly
(2) every attack ( +20% fake-plots ) resulted in a take-down, and audit, and drop of 10-20% of total plots
(3) first attack a month ago, then two weeks ago, then a few days ago, all attacks results in hpool.com(china)->hool.co-(usa)>hpool.in-(india)>ihpool.com(china)

[ they have hpool.ru also, but don’t promote it]

Most of the miner nodes are like asia-1.hpool.com, so they could easily redirect the miner’s when under attack, and also stay ahead of the hackers;

Since about two weeks ago they have added the xproxy ( for hpool chia ) which also acts as a central server for farmers with lans, and reduces the number of connections to their servers; This advised for all farmers weeks ago to use their xproxy for chia. This puts a lots of the plot-validation on the miner side, thus reducing work for hpool hq.

IMHO they are cross-correlating all the attack vectors by DNS, and triangulating the central attack location; Lets see 15EB 20% fake is 3EB, at that point xch was still around $500 first phase, back then a PB was a block a day, lots of the fake-plots had 100-200PB farms; so they lost 1,000’s of xch, … ergo losses exceeding $500,000 USD. OUCH, good news is they were sitting on tons of early xch.

So they closed accounts, locked withdrawls, and did audits and purged any suspicious farmers, and their plots; Then the bot-virus started and the chia-clones which were a new source of fake-plots based on valid plots, so another lock-down and audit; Now the final latest phase is the release of chia-pp (nft) and all of its unknowns;

In summary I guess could be asked “But why don’t they tell anybody up front???”, well that’s because they don’t trust anybody, when this huge amount of money is at stake; What good would staying a meter ahead of the hackers do, if you told them ahead of time about every change to the system??
They do generally tell their weibo ( chinese facebook ) customers in chinese what’s going on; What is the english language like 1% of their market? Aren’t all the gweilo waiting for approved plots solo-mining chia as directed by chia-net? Aren’t they all now on space-pool as directed?

This makes no sense at all.

[1] Many big websites are DoS attacked regularly, they don’t change their domain names.
[2] Eh? Why would fake plots mean they have to change their domain? Why wouldn’t they audit while the system is live? How would changing the domain help with fake plots?
[3] Not sure what this point is, but if it’s the same point it’s not a good one.

‘Cross correlating attack vectors by DNS and triangulating central attack location’, what?

If you don’t know the answer to something, and you don’t have the capacity to make an educated guess, just don’t bother.

6 Likes

That’s funny… I don’t recall us ever directing people towards any single pool by name, let alone space pool specifically. shrug

Anyone facing issue with OG plots not showing up in Online Plots but Online Miner is showing as live and with the right TiB?

Just happened to me. Tried both GUI and console.

Thanks.

You can replot and move to legit Official Pool. Worry free.