Hpool website change - Legit or Hacked?

For the last 20 minutes or so at least, the Hpool.com website has not been responding correctly. It takes you to some sub page about hard drives. Now there is a big image that says the website address has changed to hpool.co. If you go there, it does look like hpool. But I am not going to put my login information in until I know for sure that it is legit and not some hacked version of the site phishing for login information.

Anyone have any official word on this?

1 Like

In reddit, someone says it is legit.

Sacrificed my own account to validate hpool.co is legit. After a little heart attack, I managed to login and I can see the rewards still coming in. : hpoolchia (reddit.com)

Just being able to login does not mean it is legit. If it is a sophisticated phishing site, it will record your login information and then log you into the real site. Is the site still hpool.co after you login?

1 Like

I’ve logged in into hpool.co and i see everything that i saw on there old domain hpool.com. Looks very legit to me, as also the last revenue and submit times of my farm is printed/updated.
As I’ve a dedicated password for every service on the internet, I have no fear to get hacked on other services…

I have no real need to login right now. I do my withdrawals on Fridays. I will let this play out and see what gets discovered. Changing a site address with absolutely no advance notice is sketchy to say the least. And there are ways to have made it seamless so the people going to the site would have never noticed. This just doesn’t add up.

2 Likes

hpool.co is registered (on godaddy)

Domain Name: hpool.co Registry Domain ID: D6FD9F1CFC78348C19206AAC7294D02C5-NSR Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com Registrar URL: whois.godaddy.com Updated Date: 2021-06-19T08:12:53Z

The only official information I have found is hpool.co is hosted on godaddy.

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t trust that at all. If they gained enough access to hack the site, they have the access to mirror the site live. Until I see something from Hpool confirming the change, I’m not logging in. If someone finds an announcement from them, post a link.

But what do you have to loose? Your password?

Don’t you find not knowing what you might be losing distressing enough?

IMO do some straight Chia farming fer a bit and hope to win the lottery while they figure this out.

I have do not use hpool and will exit this conversation.

The domain is hosted on godaddy, that doesn’t mean the service is also running there…

$ asn hpool.com
$ asn hpool.com

╭──────────────────────────╮
│ ASN lookup for hpool.com │
╰──────────────────────────╯

- Resolving "hpool.com"... 1 IP address found:

203.107.53.48 ┌PTR -
               ├ASN 37963 (CNNIC-ALIBABA-CN-NET-AP Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd., CN)
               ├ORG Aliyun Computing Co., LTD
               ├NET 203.107.52.0/22 (ALISOFT)
               ├ABU ipas@cnnic.cn
               ├ROA ✓ UNKNOWN (no ROAs found)
               ├TYP  Hosting/DC 
               ├GEO Hangzhou, Zhejiang (CN)
               â””REP âś“ GOOD
$ asn hpool.co
$ asn hpool.co

╭─────────────────────────╮
│ ASN lookup for hpool.co │
╰─────────────────────────╯

- Resolving "hpool.co"... 6 IP addresses found:

172.67.8.77 ┌PTR -
                         ├ASN 13335 (CLOUDFLARENET, US)
                         ├ORG Cloudflare, Inc.
                         ├NET 172.67.0.0/20 (CLOUDFLARENET)
                         ├ABU abuse@cloudflare.com
                         ├ROA ✓ VALID (1 ROA found)
                         ├TYP  Hosting/DC 
                         ├GEO Chicago, Illinois (US)
                         â””REP âś“ GOOD

104.22.29.163 ┌PTR -
                         ├ORG Cloudflare, Inc.
                         ├NET 104.22.16.0/20 (CLOUDFLARENET)
                         ├TYP  Hosting/DC 
                         â””REP âś“ GOOD

104.22.28.163 ┌PTR -
                         ├ORG Cloudflare, Inc.
                         ├NET 104.22.16.0/20 (CLOUDFLARENET)
                         ├TYP  Hosting/DC 
                         â””REP âś“ GOOD

2606:4700:10::ac43:84d ┌PTR -
                         ├ORG Cloudflare, Inc. / Cloudflare, Inc.
                         ├NET 2606:4700:10::/44 (CLOUDFLARENET)
                         ├TYP  Hosting/DC 
                         ├GEO Montreal, Quebec (CA)
                         â””REP âś“ GOOD

2606:4700:10::6816:1da3 ┌PTR -
                         ├TYP  Hosting/DC 
                         â””REP âś“ GOOD

2606:4700:10::6816:1ca3 ┌PTR -
                         ├TYP  Hosting/DC 
                         â””REP âś“ GOOD

Looks like hpool.com doesn’t use a CDN/DDoS-Protection.
As hpool.co does use cloudflare CDN there is no way to see where it is really hosted.

HPOOL on Twitter: “Important Notice: Our Business Has Been Transferred to A New Website:https://t.co/XinXY7ypo7 https://t.co/6eOLHe2SPZ” / Twitter

Well, since your password gives you access to your assets, that means a lot. They can just login with what you just gave them and start a withdrawal. But, with that said, it appears this is legit. There is a twitter shared saying it is legit. Still fishy. That is a horrible way to change a domain. Very unprofessional. But whatever. I’ll still wait a couple days to login just to make sure.

Yup me too. Too abrupt a change without prior notification. And I was facing an issue when suddenly I lost connection and my miner just didn’t show any scans whatsoever and couldn’t access their site. That was yesterday (Sunday for me then approximately 8:35 pm +8 GMT).

My Hpool farmer is still running no problems. It is just the website that has caused me concern.

nice of them to give a little heads up…like next week …pm we will change our website address.

Their wechat channel also has the same news, moved to hpool.co

1 Like

Hmm, I was forced to set up Google Authenticator to make withdrawals. So no fear for me to steal my earnings…

Mine too, but the farmer also uses the hpool.com domain, even if it is the chia-cd1.hpool.com subdomain.

hello everyone it looks official from here
https://miningpoolstats.stream/chia

1 Like

Now one of my two hpool miners stopped working… I don’t see any updates in the log file :frowning:

tucowsdomains.com and Whois.com both show the Registrant Contact Country is Greece. Does this mean anything?