Is my farm broken or am I just bad luck?

As chia software manipulates config.yaml (strips comments, rearranges order), one cannot say that they preserve “user” settings (what was the original claim by Chia). As they do that, I really have no understanding why they don’t bother to inject new values there with every update, it is just retarded.

3 Likes

I can help with remote setting up a farm on Windows and monitoring, as well as setting up the system to reduce response time for a small fee

What I have done in the past and present if a lot of drive configuring needs to be done I start the GUI on my harvester and add or delete the drives. Stop the GUI and reload the harvester from CLI :+1:

1 Like

I prefer to run harvester only and checking debug.log file. That means, working with config.yaml directly. It is much faster / cleaner to restart harvester only, then watching to UI struggle. Also, doing changes in notepad to add / remove plot folders is faster than fishing for that option on the UI side.

Also, I may be wrong about it, but I think that we can just copy the .chia folder and start_harvester.exe from the main node to the harvester. (In the config.yaml, we need to change the location of the farmer.). This way, maybe we would not need to run any chia updates on the harvester box anymore, just bringing the new binary (and eventually the config subfolder - so no need for chia init -c).

Eventually won a block with my small number of OG plots. Yeah!

1 Like

I do have to say, it seems like it just bad luck. I think I’m on a lucky streak now.
been getting block on 25th, 26th, 29th, 31st and 1st.

1 Like

I have to start locking my ICEbox

XCH address to verify? =)

Broke my dry spell today at just over 4 x expected.

Mines still dry, brother found another block yesterday, his luck seems to run dead on schedule, for that farm anyway.

They do until they dont, all part of the fun.

Yeh, what comes around goes around. I’ve had a decent dry spell and now been pretty regular. 1 win per week over the last 3 weeks with a 10 day ETW. But over the last year, been pretty regular if you average it out.

Win today after 140 days with ETA 17 Days - 823%
So hopefully this was the dry spell for now and another one will drop in soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This gives me hope :joy:

This is why I’m on a pool, peace of mind, can easily see if it’s working properly and constant stream of payments. Also, if you’re solo, and your ETW is too long, let’s say +1 month, but you can really have bad luck, it could take you more than a year to see the ETW happen.

Now i have a win after just 4 days, at 23% ETA it’s all just luck.