MaxioPool - World’s first PPS Chia Farming Pool has Launched

Hi Larry, welcome to the pool. Not sure what is a “chocolate nft”, but if plot number stays at 0 then it indicates there is an issue, as you wont be able to collect points. Please join our discord and DM me on this for help. Many thanks.

Joined up - let’s see how this goes!

2 Likes

I had a similar problem. It’s not updating for me either. What usually helps is to force reload in the Chiaclient(Ctrl+Shift+R in Windows). Then the plot number under Pool should have updated.

@maxiopool.io
I think what Lsherring means with chocolate nft is probably the autogenerated name that’s based on his pool contract address(Just go over the ? next to the NFT name and it’s explained)

2 Likes

So im a small farmer, under 500 PLOTS. Should i delete all i have and create new plots for the pool? I would like to have everything but cant have both. Realistically what is my best option…

Having difficulty with Shovel

Every step works, choosing directories, entering keys, etc…
After save configurations, now to plotting, app runs a flash and then closes itself.

Depending on how fast you make plots and also how often do you want to go back => check => delete again.

For me I hate the hassle of checking the progress of plotting too often, so I deleted 50% of my OG plots to begin with =)

Ask in our Discord #support channel please or DM me on Discord. Thanks.

k. Question. Im using madmax and it keeps saying pool public key needs to be specified via -p (hex) … what am i doing wrong. Im using -c

You are dead on with your analysis. I did what you had mentioned before I went to bed last night and poof, they appeared. :slight_smile: Also, yes, the Chocolate name is as you described it! :slight_smile: Happy pooling! :slight_smile: Lets win for the group :slight_smile:
Larry

I would try solo-plotting/farming with anything less than 1PB at this point - so with 500 plots, your only hope to make anything is pooling which means re-plotting.

What @maxiopool.io suggested is what I’m doing - get your setup connected to the pool of your choice, you’ll see the number of plots under that pool that you are contributing, then just select and delete say 10 old plots to make space and start replotting against the pool.

Once that space fills up, delete 10 more and so on and so on.

If you just want to ‘set it and forget it’ - sure you can delete all 500 at one time, but you might want to play your odds a bit here and maybe delete 100 at a time before replotting the new 100?

It’s really just space management - the old plots have value… it’s a change-in-hell value that you’ll win from one of them, but there’s still a chance so you don’t necessarily want to wipe them out before they’ve been replaced with new pool plots.

1 Like

Cool trick on reload - I was going to Plots → “…” menu → “Refresh Plots” to get the new ones to show up.

I saw this simple script that watches for your portable plot directory and when a new one is added, it deletes an older plot from your original plots directory.

This way you are still farming your OG plots until you need the space.

It looks like pool fee is about 50%. Daily profits is dramatically lower than chiaexplorer expectations at one hand.

And another - I see “Accepted partial” has same proportion to earned points in my gui.

Its all looks very strange. Am I missing someting?

Hi, we get a few of these queries every day :slight_smile: There are plans to make a few changes on the website to better explain what our TiB/Day estimate actually means.

A few quick notes for you:

1. The Chia Explorer’s figure includes full 2 XCH being distributed, but official pools only get 1.75 XCH to distribute - same for the calculators around at time of writing this
  2. The remaining 0.25 XCH is given to the farmer who farmed the block as a bonus
  3. Calculators are point-in-time calculations - they do not take into account the growth of network
  4. Our figure is only including the base rate, when blocks are won, we distribute it fully to pool members (this is the main part we need to make clear on the website)

But thanks for bringing this up, we already aware the estimate causing confusions for many, an update is coming very soon!

Cheers,
Maxiopool

1,75 xch of 2 for 1tb in 1 day is 0.245mXCH, not 0.178.
I can’t understand your math. It’s not transparent.
That’s only what I want to say - I can’t understand. Can you explain?

Your math is correct on 0.245mXCH however official pools are still young and subject to luck until they are 1 EiB in size (this is only my estimate) I do not think any pools today, including the largest official pools can achieve 0.245 mXCH consistently today.

Our pool aims to distribute a fairly good amount of that without having pool members wait for the blocks being farmed - when the pool wins block in a few days time, pool members will recieve increased profit for a short period to compensate what they have missed out since last block won, you just have to stay in the pool and keep on farming to enjoy the reward, over-time the daily reward will be close to the estimate from calculators.

When I compare ours vs other pools, on a daily basis, if they are unlucky we pays more, if they are lucky we pay less => but again when our pool wins blocks your profit goes up to make up the difference, we do not pocket the extra!

Hope this makes sense.

I see no reason to not replot with portable plots. This is what people have been waiting for. Once they are portable you can move them or solo farm however you like. There is a plotter that will auto-delete OG plots as it makes new portable ones. PSchiaplotter

You have intrigued me with your approach here. I’m still not clear on what mXCH is though? Farmers earn it even when the pool doesn’t win blocks? What is the value of it manifested from?

All pools using the partial challenge system are going off of a guestimation of valid shared plots. None of the pools will be 100% accurate, especially as people are racing to plot. that’s why the estimated space shared fluctuates. it’s a compromise for speed, over accuracy. It’s unrealistic to constantly 100% validate every plot shared. The devs gave the general target of 10 challenges per TB per day so farmers can see if pools are getting close to posting the right number of challenges.

It’s real xch, a mxch is a .001 of an xch.
That’s how pps ( pay per share ) pools work.
You get paid per share, not on blocks won, they just average it.
Then this pool pay a bonus when they mine a block to make up the difference if you’ve been underpaid slightly.

1 Like