No rewards for 9863 plots for about a month

@legcramp , I though we have to replot to join hpool. Do you have an instruction?

I have not a lot to back it up, but I think a huge factor is proof time. Once I got that consistently low (under 1sec on average), my wins have been statistically in line with my % of the netspace, give or take 2-3 days.

1 Like

@brianP Not sure about qualities yet, but can confirm that bumping plot_loading_frequency_seconds from its default (120s) has eliminated proof times over 1sec in my config. Not a huge deal since, guess what? …I’d only have a ~1.5sec proof ever 2 mins (duh!) but it’s nice have a simple config change make a diff. The 120s dir scan was adding enough latency to matter. Thanks!

Good to know that it helps. I’m tired, maybe joining hpool now. :pensive:

https://www.chiablockchain.com/2021/05/19/how-to-move-to-hpool/

I used this guide, it’s fairly simple. You can run the miner/harvester separately on each pc if you run multiple machines, just make sure you turn off the official chia farmer so you don’t double-farm and get banned from hpool.

1 Like

Hello, the all chia is a bit of mess. Farming on every other cypto project things are 1+1=2 even on filecoin things are clear. Farming on chia is like wtf. Atm i have 1 rig with 1.4 PiB and for now i have like 14141 plots. To make things simple and more stable i use 1 machine for all the system so theoretically nothing can go wrong. I have 2 others server(256GB Ram with madmax) that can create 55 plots/day each and deliver on my main rig over network. Port 8444 on fiber optic with dedicated ip and so on. Each time 12-15 or even more plots are passing the filter. No other software but only commands that i run from power shell just to be sure that no one can touch my 0 xch. So if you got 2xch already you are very lucky there are others with 0.

2021-06-26T11:54:23.482 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO 5 plots were eligible for farming 7961c26c98… Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.51566 s. Total 14141 plots

1 Like

I won a block with 175 plots plotted in 4 weeks on an 11 year old Mac with a 4G wireless router at the arse end of the world.

If you’re going to join a pool, foxypool Home - Foxy Docs appears to be a much safer bet than Hpool.

1 Like

1.4PiB and 0 XCH… damn that is incredibly unlucky… I can’t believe it

The probability of winning at least a block with 1.4PiB within 1 month is 99.9%. Something is wrong with his setup if he hasn’t won within several weeks with that amount of plots.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll resume the other harvesters as well as check the system clock. However I wonder which time zone base it should be set up.

Does anyone know how does the system time affect the proof? Is it based on timezone? How the Chia timelord know what timezone I’m in? What if I’m in Pacific time and set to +7 UTC? Or is it based on the difference between harvester/farmer?

I can feel you, @allcom.
Chia-blockchain before 1.1.6 has another serious problem that stops the harvester/farmer. I spent a lot of time on it but They fixed the bug in 1.1.6.
Now we can see another bug, which is not so apparent and affects solo farmers with large storage. Seems like they don’t have enough good devs and test infrastructure to catch these bugs.

Thanks for this thread. Also a 1pb + farmer with 0 rewards last month. Maybe there is a bug after all.

Hi there. JM discussed this exact scenario. With your setup and that much storage and you have not won in a month, something is broken. You need to check all your logs, get some scripts to look at all, but you should be winning once a month with that config. I hope it works out for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

After spending almost 4-5 hours a day each day to this project it is very important to me to keep my sense of humor and not go crazy. That’s why I have the feeling that chia is not like the other crypto projects. It is a test. You know it is no like, you get the equipment and connect and start providing to the network and then you get reward. On chia you need to check that thing , that other thing and after 500 hours of checking (probably after a divorce too) we need to start asking if plots have good quality. Yes atm i am running chia check plots over and over to be sure that i have only high quality plots. HIGH QUALITY PLOTS. I think it is preparing us to be wised and patiend and understand that $$$ don’t matter. Thank god my other rig is farming ergo and can pay the 7kwatt that all this drives are spending (with the plotting server). btw 30x 1660s on ergo are spending 3kwatt.

1 Like

The thing is for example in my setup that I have not changed anything it was last a win on 2th of June. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade to 1.1.7 and usage of madmax plotter and more plots.

Yeah something seems to be off here. Would be interesting to get updates on rewards from you guys with large number of plots (whenever that happens). It would also be valuable if you could share if you find out what the issue was.

It would also be interesting if people with large amount of plots (i.e. >5000 plots) and who win regularly according to the expectations could share their experience as well.

Now we might have a biased sample of people who post in this thread because they are having problems/being extremely unlucky and all those who win regularly don’t care to post since it does not concern them.

Is it recommended to upgrade from 1.1.6 or mandatory?

This whole time you have been having problems you aren’t even on the latest version?