Node stopped syncing

then do you see any attempts in your logs?

Still trying to find the logs… Unfortunately. I’ve noticed it is much easier on Windows machines. But linux seems to be less “Developed”.

I see, I’m afraid I do not know where the logs are located in linux machines. but when you do find them you should check for:

2021-05-14T20:26:33.479 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: INFO     2 plots were eligible for farming f81854a8c7... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.16415 s. Total 233 plots

Okey, I found the logs… Nothing in the logas about eligible.

Lots of connectivity information flying by though.

if you have plots farming, you should have this line at some point. if you don’t, then you are not farming I’m afraid.

Clearly they have a ways to go with there application. Early adopters woes.

Farming status: Not synced or not connected to peers
Total chia farmed: 2.0
User transaction fees: 0.0
Block rewards: 2.0
Last height farmed: 273726
Plot count: 17
Total size of plots: 1.683 TiB
Estimated network space: 4770.913 PiB

Have 17 plots… The Height stopped incrementing

Go figure, I completely Re-installed using the same system and its working perfectly now.

Still no Eligible plots though…

1 Like

So let me see if I understand. The fix is to reinstall? So delete all the local databases and re-sync?

It can take quite a while to pull down the whole blockchain so that’s something to avoid if you can.

But wait, that’s not what the topic is about

@cjd9153 can you confirm this worked?

Ya, That didn’t solve it… It displayed farming for about 5-10 minutes then stopped working again. I have another thread going on this same issue because I thought my issue was different than this one… Its starting to look like its the same thing?

syncing issues are global and widespread - i tried every workaround mentioned anywhere, until i realized its the network/chain to blame, not me. would have saved me hours of despair.

1 Like

This happened to me a few days ago, but I assumed it was because my rig rebooted unexpectedly due to a power outage due to my foot being in the wrong place at the wrong time :woozy_face:

My main node just refused to sync and there was an error about the sqlite database (I wish I would have saved the exact error now). At first, I just deleted the corrupted blockchain_v1_mainnet.sqlite db file and it started resyncing, but with the blockchain well over 2gb now, my farmer wouldn’t be farming for hours (days?) at those rates.

Luckily I had another laptop configured to run the full node (with UPNP set to false) and it had synced as of a few days before this error. It hadn’t been running in a few days, but it still had almost the full blockchain on disk. I copied the blockchain_v1_mainnet.sqlite from this laptop to my main node and then restarted the client. It worked! It started syncing from a few days before and was caught up in a few hours.

This experience made me realize that maybe it is a good idea to have 2 full nodes running (with UPNP turned off on one of course) OR maybe we should be backing up the \db directory for no other reason than it takes a LONG time to resync if that gets corrupted?

1 Like

Ya, I am at that point now. It has to be the network at this point. Otherwise there are no issues with these nodes I have.

1 Like

Now I can confirm it did not work. I just checked and it shows that I’m synced, but hasn’t put any of my plots through a “filter” since 6 hours ago. I don’t know what to think.

1 Like

I tried closing out GUI and just using command line. Neither is working. It is not letting me sync.

If you do a Chia show -s It will show the block height your at. Then do it say 5 minutes later again, If it increments than I bet you are periodically getting connected. Which is what I am experiencing. If that is the case, I think its the network because I have two different machines in two different locations doing the same thing.

Woke up this morning and yeah, I was out of sync after two or more weeks of uptime and being synced. 8444 of course is open and everything correctly set up. Looks like a network issue to me.

Trying to log back in the gui (white screen crash) to check the block number if it’s similar to yours but it is taking ages to log in

it was working fine for me last night, but again this morning I am out of sync. tried pretty much everything suggested on this forum and github… I really dont want to restart the pc again, I already couldn’t plot yesterday… :pensive:

that doesn’t sound good but sometimes I see the node not being synced too, for just a minute. then it goes back to synced. This morning was stuck on un-synced.

I have restarted the pc, and it is synced and farming now. I guess this will go on for a few hours, and then I will be out of sync again. So this appears to be a windows issue, right?

benim plotlar senkronize ediliyor, fakat en son tepe yüksekliğine bir türlü ulaşamıyorum, devamlı geriden geliyor senkronizasyon.