Node stopped syncing

It isn’t windows issue. From analyzing the logs, as soon as I hit 20 concurrent connected peers I desync. Then it takes hours upon hours to download the few megabytes required to sync again.

Chia in its marketing copy has “Bram Cohen, the best network protocol engineer alive” that’s some mania in itself but also irrelevant considering he didn’t write a line of code for Chia, which even if he did would be laughable seeing this app made of shit, quite frankly (as opposed to chiapos library). Bittorrent success was largely because how awesome uTorrent client was.

2 Likes

I had a similar issue. I’m plotting on my full node. If your HDD utilization is at 100% you won’t sync. When I killed off the node the utilization drops to near 0. I’m not plotting to the c drive at all so the HDD should be low utilization. I ended up moving the pagefile and .chia folder to a ssd. No more sync issues.

This could be true since this started happening when I overloaded the GUI with queues. I usually did 5 queues on a 2tb ssd, yesterday night I added 2 more queues up to a total of 7

It seems plotting was the issue for me too. I think using too much system resources, somehow was interrupting my sync. when I was out of sync, I simply stopped plotting, and relaunched the full node, and I got synced again. So now I have lowered the plotting settings a bit, and it seems to work fine now.

I’m having the same problem. My full node has been in sync and farming for at least 2 weeks without interruption, but this morning it went out of sync. It’s a farmer running on Ubuntu Server on a Raspberry Pi 4.

By restarting the farmer I manage to get back in sync for some time, but then after a few minutes it goes out of sync again.

Port 8444 is open and I have peers connected, so I don’t understand.

I tried everyting… order a fixed ip from my ISP, openned 8444, VPN with fixed ip and 8444 open…
nothing…
250 plots offline and no hope

Update: I’ve set target_peer_count to 20 in the config (instead of the default 80) and for now it seems to be working. I’m guessing that the Raspberry Pi’s CPU was struggling (the CPU load is much lower now).

i just realized (on windows machine) that there are two lines with " target_peer_count" [EDIT: in config file, found under %\mainnet\config]. The first line from above had value 8 as standard before i changed it to 50. The second line from above have “5” as value. (standard).
Can you tell me on wich of those line you had changed the value?

btw i am still not syncing.

I’m talking about the one in the full_node section (below target_outbound_peer_count)

1 Like

My main node stopped syncing again this morning, I’ve restarted the farmer and it is starting to sync (still not fully synced, but in the process).

No idea why this keeps happening as it all seemed fine before and I haven’t changed anything.

I’ve been trying to get mine syned for 3-4 days now. The block count in incrementing, but it seems at times it just stops syncing for a long enough period to where it never completes.

Port 8444 confirmed open. System seems to be working otherwise.

Version 1.1.5 Farms while syncing now right? Or are you not farming while its syncing?

How did you move chia folder to ssd? It was created by Chia install and it processes must be referencing to the install location? If you could write in detail that will help lot of people

no sync, no farm.
thats why i am really pissed not beeing synced since four days now… syncing is sooooo slow, no chance to catch up with current height.

To move the .chia folder you can edit the registry to the new location or create a symbolic link.

To do a symbolic link move your .chia folder where you want it and from the command prompt in the c:\users\username\ folder type mklink /J .chia d:\.chia

Whats happening is your creating an imaginary directory on c: that links to the files on d:\.chia which you can change to your location.

I got this from reddit I didn’t come up with the idea.

Im still not syncing. I see system connecting to mine. But I havent seen the block number go up for at least 24 hrs now.

Kind of a bummer to be down for over a week now, I really liked the idea of this.

I’m interested what the issue is. I have had problems off and on, but nothing as long as you.

I went offline this morning for some things and I have had trouble syncing all day.

I have been manually adding an introducer and it would sync for 5 mins then unsync.

I went over every possible thing, ports, firewalls, timezones etc.

when I would sync and unsync my wallet would never sync.

I restarted the node, farmer, wallet through CLI then manually added IP all from this site

then because i was only a few steps behind it finally fully synced plus the wallet.

maybe spent 6 hours of trouble shooting after only 2 hours of down time.

In the end cli restart of wallet and manual entering of synced nodes fixed my issue. So far no issues.

and now not synced again, edit resynced 2 mins later.

network is all over the place and obviously a bunch of people are having issues.

Did it fix? If yes, what helped? I am having lot of issues for a week!

Is it fixed? What helped you?