NoSSD Chia Pool, +30% reward with new compressed plots, fast plotting without SSD

New innovative Chia pool!

NoSSD Chia Pool
https://nossd.com

Features:

1. SSD is not needed

Our plotter is highly optimized and does not require an SSD to make plots.
It stores temporary data on the same HDDs where plots will reside, unlike conventional plotters, which use an SSD for that purpose.
Plotting time will depend on how many HDDs you have:

3 HDD: 30-80 minutes
2 HDD: 40-100 minutes
1 HDD: 1-4 hours

Approximate plotting time for different PC configurations can be found on our help page.
If you have 128GiB of RAM or more, all temporary data will fit in memory, maximum plotting performance will be achieved and number of HDD will not matter.

2. 20-30% more reward with new compressed plot format

Our new compressed plots are 16-23% smaller than standard ones and thus generate 20-30% more Chia (for the same disk space).

Standard plot size: 101.3 GiB
Our plot size: 78.1 - 84.5 GiB

You can choose compression level before plotting and our plotter will produce plots with corresponding size.
Smaller plots require more CPU work during mining for decompression.

3. Delegated plotting.

With our pool it is possible to delegate plot generation to another person without giving him the ability to mine on generated plots.

ā€“

Our client program works on Windows and Linux and performs all necessary operations (like plotting) automatically. No other software is required.
You will only need to specify directories for plots and Chia address for reward (and, optionally, plots compression level).

How to start mining:
https://nossd.com/start

Telegram:
@nossdpool

Feel free to ask any questions here!

6 Likes

Looks like a scam to me.

Plots are basically 99.8% random data that is not really compressible, so when you claim16-23% compression rate, you can take it to video streaming services like YT and make gazillions there.

9 Likes

It is not a scam. I am the developer of the plotting algorithm. Feel free to ask me questions. The current official plot format have many ways of optimizations in both plotting speed and the final plot size. It was optimized in size by core developers too, it was little bigger when Chia was first released. Remember? Iā€™ve spent lots of time implementing this algorithm and this quick conclusions really hurts.

1 Like

It hurst you, but it also hurts me. If it hurts me, I take valium and donā€™t talk about it, and suggest you do the same, instead of going the twitter road, as no one cares about yours or my hurt feelings. If you want me to provide a longer response, I will be happy to oblige, but donā€™t think we will go anywhere once it starts.

So, if you want to start over, this forum is for you, but donā€™t expect that anyone will be jumping from joy when you provide few dry and rather ridiculous claims. There are just too many malware providers, and Chia doesnā€™t do much to secure their platform.

If you want to be useful, there is another post next to this about k33/34 plot times. That would be a good place to start to earn some credibility points.

2 Likes

If your plots are smaller, and youve optimised everything, why do they take so long to create?

Somerhing doesnt add up.

I can assume that you have found a way to more optimally store data inside the plot and thus reduce it size. But until this ā€œnew compressed plot formatā€ is not supported by an official Chia client and the source code is not published, these plots will be useless outside your pool. So Iā€™m not in.

1 Like

No offense here buddy but your post reads like magic solutions and you are asking people to download a closed source program from a basically unknown source.

Reducing the plot size by as much as you say and still being completely compatible with the Chia blockchain and finding more proofs per TiB. For anyone to believe that you better have Bram or another core Chia dev confirming it, or nobody is going to buy it.

5 Likes

2 day old acc trying to offer some credibilty. With their 2nd post.
Ill say no more other than

caveat emptor!

3 Likes

I guess, it is not just Bram and Chia lots. Both Max (MM) and Harrold (BB) provided far superior plotters yet didnā€™t notice a possibility to squeeze those plots by 20%.

Also, Max is working on his MMX blockchain, so I would assume that his new plotter that doesnā€™t need to be compatible with Chia plots would take advantage of any potential optimizations, and it doesnā€™t - basically the same size plots, same density.

I would also imagine that a pool (like Flex) would be interested in a partnership and providing a version of PoolNamePlotter-Farmer.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to HD space, not plots density, so assuming that this is a realistic claim, I have no doubts that we would soon see v1.5 version with a plotter providing the same density.

1 Like

Weā€™ve gone over the code line by line this post is bullshit. Bram has stated thereā€™s a few % savings max.

1 Like

@Chris22 please donā€™t lie. We didnā€™t publish our sources and you didnā€™t see them.

@Jacek as I already said, plots arenā€™t random internally, the whole plot is built from a single 32 byte plotid string after all. Think about it.

Iā€™ve added a special switch to the client --query <challenge>. Now anyone can verify that our plots are genuine. To verify:

1. download the client from our website
  2. plot at least one plot, follow instructions in help or ask me if you have any troubles using it, we appreciate any help and ready to improve its usability
  3. run it with query switch. For example Iā€™ve run it with this command client -d /plots --query 793104a9d219394f60b60fd9f8673e1d422ba73e19089a60af59f1dd0a3fab9e and got two PoS:
challenge: 793104a9d219394f60b60fd9f8673e1d422ba73e19089a60af59f1dd0a3fab9e
plotid: 683345a285d66767a9ff56cf11f577e38bffb01433c92242617bf8f986f24267
quality: 91566bcb872766825aa4bf9e6e3f3eff30a47bfdb9cb013d1952e3cabccee296
PoS: 064751<skipped>0df15d
quality: bd53fa43a8c6d259eb67ee265bb86df322d1e4dc64a0cb1eb29850d286065bb3
PoS: b034c0<skipped>549c45

Now I can verify it with chiapos (pip install chiapos), for example using this simple python snippet:

from chiapos import Verifier
from sys import argv

plotid = bytes.fromhex(argv[1])
challenge = bytes.fromhex(argv[2])
proof = bytes.fromhex(argv[3])

if len(plotid) != 32 or len(challenge) != 32 or len(proof) != 256:
    print("usage: verify.py <plotid> <challenge> <proof>")
    exit(1)

if not Verifier().validate_proof(plotid, 32, challenge, proof):
    print("Proof is not ok")
else:
    print("Proof is ok")

You can plot this plotid yourself using another plotter or run query multiple times to check that no data is missing from the plot.

I am very serious guys. This is not a hoax. Iā€™ve spend a year learning every single aspect and detail of Chia plotting algorithm. I can write a dissertation on it.

1 Like

I wonder if Dawson knows Lemonade? :rofl:

1 Like

thatā€™s one of the ā€œminersā€ from the website

@Voodoo the pool only launched yesterday we didnā€™t mine any block yet and there were no payments to our miners. Join our pool and we will mine it faster!

My guess is he means people have gone over the existing plotters line by line.

You seem to mean youā€™re a better coder/algorithm engineer than Max, Harold, Bram, or anyone else on the various projects.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, not just ā€œsource: trust me bro.ā€

Maybe publish your dissertation so people can determine whether your assertion is true or not? Otherwise, donā€™t be surprised that ā€œtrust me broā€ isnā€™t enough for long-time community members to go on.

3 Likes

@thetasigma Iā€™ve added a command line option to query proofs from plots. If you donā€™t trust my words you can check it yourself. Download our client, make a compressed plot, query it for proofs, convince yourself and join our pool! Run it in a docker if you donā€™t trust binaries.

I would not download and install any closed-source binary on anything other than a disposable VM. And as far as private keys: I definitely would not trust any closed-source binary with any private keys that I wouldnā€™t be comfortable posting in cleartext on Twitter.

@Dawson , I want to believe you are acting in good faith and have come up with something innovative ā€¦ but what Iā€™ve seen so far does not inspire confidence.

1 Like

@cmdrmoto run it in a disposable VM and there is no need to give it any private keys.
Plotting performance in VM would not be good but it is ok for a test.
If you are on linux use this docker command for example

docker run --network none --rm -it -v /path/to/plots:/plots nossd/client -d,1N /plots

EDIT: The official docker repository is now launched https://hub.docker.com/r/nossd/client

1 Like

A disposable VM will not be conclusive.

If malware is unable to do something fiendish, due to the VM environment, then how will that reveal what the malware would do on a physical machine where it would not be constrained?

Or am I missing something?

1 Like

Doesnā€™t it seem this fellow is trying awfully hard to please you doubters? He doesnā€™t get mad, just answers your questions (a good sign IMHO). Give the guy a bit of a break, just because it sounds (perhaps) ā€˜to good to be trueā€™ ā€¦ so was MadMax when he brought his creation out, and all were sure it was a scam then as well.

Iā€™d say all someone with a spare PC has to do is run some test plots with other keys and see what happens ā€¦ I mean why not? What is there to loose, and a lot to potentially gain?

4 Likes