NoSSD Chia Pool, +30% reward with new compressed plots, fast plotting without SSD

Net Space is rising quickly now, did you guys sell/lease your software to any big whale/farm?

After I joined in a few pools for the last year. In my opinion I must say that Flexpool it’s best pool, for me!! And I really thought that I finally find a pool to stay and with a lot expectatives about the future launch of their client, now I wonder, Could be possible a future partnership between Flexpool and nossd? @Chris22 because I have to say I 'm very tempted to try with them.

2 Likes

Thank you for the praise. Unlikely as they believe their tech is worth more than 2000x what our xch pools monthly income is before costs. Plus they didn’t return my pm.

Assume chia network would release their own tech or fork to invalidate it if it got popular. And that’s assuming everything is legit.

4 Likes

My servers are down now, until we find a new location to set them up…

1 Like

And what area are you looking?

Around Orlando, Florida if possible.

1 Like

Can I run a lan cable up there from West Palm Beach :sweat_smile: Your close enough to buy you a beer…

Will you apply the nossd compression technique to your plotter?

This is such a joke. I can’t believe you folks are diving in to a closed source and anonymous club. So crazy to me. All for an alleged 25% gain at the risk of losing it all.

11 Likes

haters_26

1 Like

According to the obvious facts, only one took this pool seriously. Inexplicable to me as with similar volume and solo mining he would get a reward of 8 instead of 5.6 XCH. The rest up to 50 are just curious and testing with 1-100 plots.
To do something at a loss can probably be explained by some unnamed stimulus?

1 Like

I would not run closed code on any computer which could compromise my finances (other than Windows, which is a necessary evil, due to Linux related technical issues).

I will not go near facebook or google services, or visit any sketchy site, without using TOR or a virtual machine where I make it a practice to revert the VM back to a state of never having visited the site.

I do not fully trust this chiaforum site with javascript. But I do not have to trust it, when sandboxing my on-line activities.

So I certainly would not turn over my Chia financial operations to strangers.

That is not hating. That is staying out of trouble.

If you worked for a big tech company, and you installed closed code from the internet onto their servers, you might lose your job.

I was employed by Thomson Reuters, and I had unfettered access to their data center hardware. Their controls were tight beyond words. Steering clear of closed, crypto code is prudent – not hateful.

1 Like

You need to check the pool stats - there are more folks (including me) plotting than MM.

Yes, there are anonymous and running closed source. It is likely that they’ve devoloped novel software that is superior to the existing one.
What is their risk if the do something malicous ? The lose credibility and chance to get profit from developing software.
What is my risk if they do something malicous ? I run their plotter and farmer in a reasonably isolated environment (Docker) so my main risk is wasting compute time on producing plots that won’t be usuable.
I think the potential benefit warrants the risk.
Also, you need to keep in mind that more folks join their pool, the higher pressure will be on Chia Network to make similar improvements to their code. This will be mean replotting for everyone.

1 Like

Not everyone has the technical skills to undertake such precautions.
Most folks probably never heard of Docker.

Perhaps people that go into crypto mining are more astute, when it comes to computer safety?
But there are likely countless people that lack the computer skills to remain safe.

They install Chia, and they start plotting.

1 Like

@seymour.krelborn building from sources is much more difficult than using a docker image. Running a docker image is safer than running a build downloaded from a github repository. People who can’t do any of this won’t benefit from an open source project anyway.

If I am not mistaken, github offers compiled source code.

Yes, you have to trust that what was compiled is the genuine article, and does not diverge from the source that you could compile for yourself.

But the compiled code in github is far safer than code where no source code is available. Why?
Many people probably run “fc.exe” (Windows) or “diff” (Linux) after they compile their executable from the source code, and then compare their compiled executable with what github has that is already compiled.

If the compiled code on github did not exactly match the compiled-from-source-code files, people would sound the alarm.

No one would get away with using github to distribute altered, compiled executables. It would be caught right away. I am speculating. But I believe I am correct. If not, please let me know why.

Malware and bloatware are uploaded to github release page all the time and those binaries are not removed despite being flagged by people. Docker image is a much safer option anyway. I hope we addressed all your worries and you can safely join our pool now.

How do you know that the malware was flagged?

I think in yours best interest you should provide a docker image and a how to for those less proficient.

We have already published a docker image and detailed instructions on our docker hub page https://hub.docker.com/r/nossd/client