NoSSD Chia Pool, +30% reward with new compressed plots, fast plotting without SSD

@Dawson Did you test the pool code on testnet, to make sure it can create blocks successfully?

100 BTC to this address bc1qledd3chdm9kelsrj7s40l5nf0nallym9nahw30 and you will receive our sources to verify and incorporate them in official chia codebase

I think you misunderstand… we will gladly pay a bounty if our review of the work is satisfactory. Not before. (Naturally we would gladly sign NDA’s to protect any intellectual property of yours prior to a formal agreement of payment being settled upon, if warranted.)

And likely not $2m USD, unless the code was something to make Bram shocked at the cleverness of it.

4 Likes

We perfectly understand you. You want us to risk everything we have. You want us to come to the field of judicial contracts on which you are a pro and we are newbies. We respect your work but we just can’t put our work at risk by signing shady treaties and agreements. Four smartest people I know worked on the project for a year. If I just open my part of work for your examination, their work will be vanished as well. It is only 25 BTC each. I don’t think it is too much.

This was an epic read. Roller coaster. On my third bag of popcorn. I have zero technical contribution. I find it funny that when you have a chance to step up, show your works to the “official” platform in a legal, above board way, it is pushed back on. Like no, NDA’s don’t work? If you read this thread from the bottom first, it might be better. The idea that Chia would somehow steal an idea, without a legal framework established first, is not baffling. It’s suspect. If you created something for use with Chia and they are willing to pay you for it, in an above board way? I’m not sure how that is a “risk everything we have” moment. You have this thing (apparently) that on its own, isn’t worth much. Yet the founder of the platform is willing to sit down with you in a zero risk of theft manner? That really seals it for me. Who in their right mind fears an NDA and fears theft? Chia would risk that sort of PR nightmare? Oh yes, they are going to take your idea, steal it, and make it their own. That’s paranoia in my books. I think in a way the truth has spoken. Either that or some people aren’t familiar with laws, protections and NDA’s. But then again, doesn’t Disney have a habit of stealing ideas that were once pitched to them? Not sure where I’m going with this…But a few replies back, it sounds like the suggestion is, you leave a bag on the bench in the middle of the night. We will come along, take the bag of money and leave a bag on the bench with all the juicy stuff that will take Chia to the promised land. You won’t see us, and we won’t see you. Strangers in the night. A dark, rainy night. You trust us, and we’ll trust you.

7 Likes

So I created an account just because of this thread. I wanted to point out that the other plotters have not targeted most efficient storage. They have targeted most efficient storage without significantly increasing compute while farming. Chia has continued to try to support RPi, to the detriment of the performance of the chain in early dust storms.

Also, I get wanting to be paid up front before showing the code. Once the trick is revealed, it’s obvious and no longer magic.

Not saying that this is authentic, but max is the only one to have checked it and so far it seems legit from his work.

I should point out I did not check for maleware or spyware at all. Just made sure I had no sensitive data on that machine, and that it cannot access other machines.

So everyone on their own risk, I’m not responsible :wink:

7 Likes

Well, the executable is now in the wild. We will have to wait for somebody to figure out the magic. It would have been amazing to get the source reviewed by the Chia Devs in the proper legal way to compensate the developers for the miracle but sadly It seems it won’t happen.

As many pointed out already, using this plotter is basically marring your project. There is no portability and hard to trust the source. I find really hard for farmers will give up the open source chia project and the community open source contributions only for a improvement in plot space that has no point of return.

Everybody go back to your home, the party is over.

2 Likes

@Dawson @Anthony you need to explain this please, in detail. Also if you are going to distribute CLOSED software without independent eyes viewing the code related to crypto, you really need to reevaluate 1 of those 2 things at a minimum. You are asking for a lot of trust. WHY should ppl trust you?

4 Likes

@madMAx43v3r If someone left out the last table, could they calculate just the necessary entries on the fly (as opposed to the entire table)? If so, how much savings would they realize?

Sure they could, but it would take way too long. Like 5 min per quality lookup, it won’t work.

I thought the five minutes was to build the whole table. No cheats if you only need a piece?

Ok, half that time on average, yes. Their proofs are fetched in less than 1 sec though, so it’s clearly not what they’re doing.

1 Like

LEEEEEEEEROOOOYYYYY!!!

JEEEEEEENNNNNKINNNNNS!!

30% more chia lets get it!

1 Like

First time??? Wat???

What John tried to say is that if we give away our main feature, the rest of the work and the pool itself will loose its value.

NDA worth nothing without patents and we didn’t patent anything because we don’t like this practice and also didn’t expect that we would need to show our source code to anyone.

We love Chia and Proof of Space, and would be very glad to contribute to it if we have enough compensation, otherwise we will continue to operate the pool as planned. Join our pool guys!

I saw no mention of any “treaties”.
To what “treaty” are you referring?

Why are you calling the Non Disclosure Agreement “shady” before reading it?
Why are you dismissing the NDA before negotiating any of its language that you deem problematic?

You are asking for $½million on “You can trust me”.
Do you think that they are going to transfer that much BTC to you on your say-so?

And what if everyone is 100% honorable and trustworthy, and it turns out that the Chia developers are not satisfied with your code? Do they kiss their $½million goodbye?

It seems that you asking for $½Million is wanting others to risk everything they have.

Also, the NDA protects you from risking everything you have.

You have a shot at a huge 1-year pay-day, and you will not even read the NDA?

Perhaps you are just making honest, unforced errors?
But you are conveying that you are the party to not be trusted (at least that is how it reads to me).

2 Likes

@seymour.krelborn after we publish our sources and discuss ideas with Chia, NDA wouldn’t protect us without patents and good lawyers. Another project based on the same concept will just appear on github and we will never prove anything. We are not that kind of guys who wants to spend life in courts. We are programmers.

You don’t have to verify sources to see that plot file is smaller and still gives correct proofs.

Join our pool!

1 Like

Then get a good lawyer. SV is full of big houses that help sell startups day in and day out. Asking for BTC is just killing the deal.

There is no trust when transactions are made, just terms, and either party is considered to be a villain.

That client can be easily tested without opening the code. So, asking to see the code upfront is just a nonsense. Once the client is tested, the transaction has to be made in such a way, that both parties are protected. So, again here is the lawyer part, as the money can go to escrow, in case a bogus code is provided. Not a big deal.

As far as NDA’s, @Dawson is 100% right. Those may help you when you purchase a car or some furniture, but not when hi-tech stuff is on line.

NDAs are for buying / selling trade secrets.
Am I mistaken?