NoSSD Chia Pool, +30% reward with new compressed plots, fast plotting without SSD

Sure, that is the gist of that. However, properly defining those trade secrets is not something that I would be able to do. I have signed NDAs before, and I was giving other companies NDAs. It was kind of a nightmare process, as neither legal side wanted to agree on terms the other side requested. So, getting a law firm from here (or any other branch) is the key, as they do those transactions day in and day out. Also, as those local firms know lawyer / firm that Chia is using, so they would know what to expect, and how to make the process as smooth as possible.

By the way, I have never seen a signed NDA that would have a clause to open up the code. No one that has any brains would do that. There are always ways to prove what you have on hand is what you claim it should do without the code being scrutinized. If there is a suspicion of code being sub-optimal, there are clauses asking for some maintenance period with some penalties, if the selling party will not deliver. One of the companies that I worked for was purchasing a protocol stack, and it was really a long, long process with a lot of parties involved.

Apparently, Chia is already impressed, as there would be no such discussion here. It also says volumes that all the experts in the field came out bashing on it as a complete BS, and by the end of the day, there is a high chance that what everyone thought was not possible is doable.

Just think about all your carefully plotted drives, where you squeezed all you could out of that free space, and now is the day that you will need to start over. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t think Iā€™m nit picking here. The website talks all about ā€œminingā€. Chia has NOTHING to do with mining. Thatā€™s a bad word. Next, you donā€™t know the actual POW mechanism? You so happened to leave out ā€œtimeā€. You missed the other big part of the Chia POW mechanism. This, after a review of about 30 seconds on the ā€œofficialā€ website. I consider this constructive criticism.

Iā€™m not questioning the validity of anything that is being discussed. I will say though, that is a very lackluster presented website. Iā€™m not even sure if thatā€™s a template or what it is. Maybe the product will sell itself, not sure. I definitely would be backing away slowly regardless of the promises.

Coming from the world of ETH mining, I canā€™t count the number of LHR 100% unlocks. Some were incredibly convincing. It took the scrutiny of a community to flesh them out. And yes, they all got fleshed out. Far fewer people are talking Chia so the level of scrutiny online would be far less. So scrutiny should come with the territory. Crypto is one of the most scammy sectors, or is starting to be seen that way by the general public. Chia is doing everything they can do to reverse the ā€œsketchā€ in crypto.

So regarding this project, Iā€™ll be happy to let others vet it. If I didnā€™t know about this thread and landed on that website? Not a chance I would go anywhere near it. Thatā€™s my own judgement. Nothing to do with the scrutiny here in this thread. To me itā€™s about presentation, accuracy or lack thereof. Iā€™ll take the 70% certainty over 100% that comes with question marks.

The presentation can be fixed pretty easily. I can appreciate if people know code but maybe donā€™t know about web design or presentation and how that can or cannot build trust with visitors. Iā€™m a coin flip on whatā€™s going on here. It would seem pretty silly to show up and announce this on the only real Chia forum especially if it was a scam. This is about the toughest crowd youā€™ll come across. This is quite bizarre, but also quite entertaining.

4 Likes

As I said, you won. Can we just move on.

Nobody will join a pool with closed software. End of story.

1 Like

Hpool enters the chat

3 Likes

I see this getting largely ignored to the point of them signing the NDA or sold to hpool for a fraction of the asking price.

Ether way this is quite entertaining to read.

1 Like

How many farmers have signed up to HPOOL since NFT pools hit the scene and people have been replotting. I would imagine it is a small number.

For this new pool, all plots would have to be replotted. With the obvious security concerns, I expect very little take-up.

1 Like

I dont think ppl are into replotting, but I dont think we can measure the churn at hpool. If these folks came up with something new and interesting, this was about the worst way to launch it. That is best case. This is super risky. I hope they have a plan B that involves open source and/or independent code review.

4 Likes

ok i think its real, but its a shame to see how u guys on the way to drow away 1 jahr briliant work.
in my eyes ur rollout is a big mess no comunicat with the chia team about ur work before (as far as i can see)
no 100% transparent comunication. yea ur plotting is fast but we must add 15-30 min per plott (for phase 3) for the real benefit of plottsize (anyway its very fast but no honest in my eyes) u will take a fee over 3% for ur pool so there is no 30% more reward. and then u are pissed that noone will test and confirm ur pool and plots, that was ae real funny part for me here (sorry for this, but realy thats the wrong way ;-))

i think specialy with -c 5 the energie cost for decompress will also melt this <30% reward. at the end we got maybe a 10%-20% benefit (depents on the energie costs) to normal plots in exchange for:

• doing a complet replot (costs time and energie)
  • no compatiblety with other pools and the chia protokol (atm)
  • closed source (very big security problem)
  • we totaly exposed to ur doing (u can raise the pool fee hardly)

at the end we have here a hard fork of the plot structur that cant be a good way to do such things without the chia team at ur side :wink:
in my eyes ur totaly overrated ur position, but maybe im wrong the time will showā€¦

the -c 1 level of compression could be a very good point for official updates in the future (when there is a change from k32 away and all have to replote anyway) if ur are willing to work together with chia i think.

i wish u good luck at ur way

2 Likes

I think by definition there is more ā€˜workā€™ involved with this method, if it is indeed real. Something I touched upong a while back here.

Still on the fence myself, and rightly so IMO.

First, we have the OPā€™s Anthony and Dawson outlining their pool and project, and people rightly so are suspicious with their closed source executables and new accounts with no history. They then go on to provide more detail and the mood softens, but suspicion remains, again rightly so. It pays to be cautious.

Along comes another new account - madMAx43v3r - a name we all know, and suddenly it seems a lot of suspicion is fading for manyā€¦

Now Iā€™ve no idea if the madMAx43v3r account is the real madMAx43v3r, perhaps others have independently verified this, and Iā€™m sure if they have they will speak up. But whatā€™s to stop me (or Anthony or Dawson for that matterā€¦) creating a new account on here called BramCohen and coming along to join the party on this thread to rubber stamp their project and code ?

I get it if people know who theyā€™re dealing with and know for example that the madMAx43v3r account is the real madMAx43v3r, but many here Iā€™m sure donā€™t.

As a software developer myself, I have the utmost respect for the real madMAx43v3r, and if it turns out that Anthony and Dawson have really discovered something new and plausible, through a lot of hard work, then they also have by utmost respect.

But at present, for me the Jury is still out.

Iā€™m also with @DigitalSpaceport insofar as if this is real with a real launch, itā€™s not the best way to go about it. Having said that, most software developers are not good with marketting, which is why theyā€™re software developersā€¦

Just my two pence, be cautious folks.

1 Like

Just go to MMX discord, and check for yourself whether that was Max.

First of, apologies for posting on a fresh account. Iā€™ve been following Chia since shortly after itā€™s main net launch. Iā€™m an independent developer, with a strong computer science background. I also developed my own specialized plotter, and know chia plots inside out.

My question for @Dawson is, how long will it take to retrieve data for each plot that passes the filter and what CPU power is needed?

More specifically:

1. how many plots could a raspberry pi support on itā€™s own before data retrieval takes longer than 1s?
  2. how many plots would a high-end thread ripper support before it takes longer than 1s to retrieve?
2 Likes

Link ? The one above just doesnā€™t seem to work for me, and I am not a big discord user anyway, so searching for ā€˜MMXā€™ etc results in nothing - do I have to join somehow ?

Gene Hoffman states on Discord that this is ā€œnot realā€.

Enough for me. Game over.

1 Like

You mean, the one that I posted way above? That is the best you can get. You need a discord account to open it, not sure what else. I am also not a discord fan, so cannot help you with more than that.

Although, if you go to Maxā€™s github, there is an ā€˜inviteā€™ link there. Maybe you need to use that one first.

1 Like

Already got one, I use several other groups, just not that oftenā€¦

Thanks - hereā€™s the link;

But it doesnā€™t work for me - sayā€™s ā€˜Link Invalidā€™ or that I ā€˜donā€™t have permissionā€™.

Lol!

You know if you go too greedy, all will end up with someone reversing your ā€œclientā€, and you get not 100, not 10, not even 1, but 0 BTC.

1 Like

the best part of all is, if its real and it will be a part of chia and all go for it.
we all got a only 100% reward at the end, but have to upkeep the raised energie costs for decompressing so the reward will be less than 100% :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

think about it :wink:

itā€™s no meaning for me, i use cloud storage, and have 4/5 price save. 30% is too little.

ok thats o fair point, but anyway u wouldnt get 30% if all go for it its just 0% and ur cloud provider have to pay for more energie (i know it dossent count for u but it bad for chia if it want to be ā€œgreenā€)
more energie for 0% benefitā€¦