Not sync anymore from day to day

That is because you are still running chia. After stop/reboot there will be two. Should be two.

oooo yes i see sorry

Can I put again my old config file?

Yes, for just testing with a fresh db that should be no trouble.
Normally after (re)installing chia it looks for existing files first (config, db) and uses those as present.
In not present (or renamed) chia will create new versions from scratch.
For this step I would only rename the db files to .bak versions or something.
Chia will create fresh files on startup.

I think it is solved couse it starts to sinc again
Can I delete my old db renamed?
I attach this 2 screenshot, it is necessari dalete part of the node as I did? :slight_smile:

No, not a secret :grin:
You can delete the old db files, pretty sure it was corrupted somehow.
I understand you want to take the time to recreate the blockchain db, so would I.
Few things:
Is your chia install on a fast drive (ssd, nvme)?
What CPU are you running, most are fine, just curious.
Anymore of those Errors in the log (with actual time, not the old ones of course)?
Keep an eye on the Height of your connected peers, if the most are at the current Height (max in Syncing Status) your sync will progress as good as it gets.
Is your wallet still at the Height it was before the problems started? It’s not synced I guess but will process remaining blocks when the node catches up. Or is the wallet syncing from 0 also?
Future Tip: frequently (I do every two weeks ) stop the chia client, reboot the pc and copy the db files to another location. Takes 10-15 minutes and saves days resyncing in case of problems. Then restart chia client and sleep better;-)

Yes you were correct, the Telnet client wasn’t installed on this machine. have to watch what we do at night in the late hours :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Installed it :+1:

Looks good have a long way to go still, but will get there!!

Chia is installad on a ssd and the cpu is i5-4690T 2.50GHz.
no more that error on log file so far.

Soo sorry I dont understand this point, however in chia wallet i have
Wallet Status: Not Synced (1,271,838)

thank you

Could you roughly estimate how long it will take you to fully sync (based on what you have already there)?

As @MarioD suggested, another option is to download that db (they do daily snapshots, so you will be just few hours behind the current height).

1 Like

This is ok, the wallet database is still at height 1271838. Must be where the blockchain database crashed. Wallet will pick up syncing when the blockchain sync passed 1271838 and follow until synced.

Just some patience now;-)

Or go for the downloadable database from the website suggested by @marioD some posts earlier.
Clicking the download link for the latest file transfers you to an insecure download url, at least Firefox does not like it and strongly suggests getting out of there. Could well be a false alarm and the url is legit but just not with up to date ssl keys. Up to you.

I can confirm that I’m working with a copy from https://www.chia-database.com/ since 2 weeks without problems. I used the second download link with no ssl or insecure messages.

Good luck.

1 Like

hello
I want to make the backup of my db file as you suggested :slight_smile:
I restarted my pc and the chia is not running but I still have 6 file :thinking:
Can I do the backup however ?

thanks frank

It’s been a while… Do you mean everything worked for the last month or so and now you want to make a backup just in case of future problems?

What db do you mean, the blockchain db at ~/.chia/mainnet/db?
Or the wallet db at ~/.chia.mainnet/wallet/db?
Both?

I hope/expect you quit the chia client before restarting the pc?

6 files for the blockchain db is strange when chia was stopped correctly, it should close all but two.
For the wallet db 6 is possible if you have more than one wallet.

I assume, you have 6 files in the blockchain and also in the db folders. That just implies that your full node crashed (ignored requests to shut down, and crashed when you rebooted your box), and didn’t close those dbs. As such, you have one extra wal and shm per each sqlite file. Those are temporary files, so no worries about those. Just copy the whole db and wallet folders.

By the way, when you shut down chia, one way to monitor whether everything is shut down is to look at that folder, and try to wait for those temporary files to disappear. However, sometimes it may take a long time (several long minutes - I don’t have that much patience, some other people do), or start_full_node will just refuse to shut down, so you will need to reboot just to get rid of that process, as it may interfere with your next chia start.

yes yes everything is ok now and I want to do the backup just for future problem, I hope not :slight_smile:
To be honest I thought that it was enought restart the pc to stop chia too.
So I have to stop chia restart win and than I can copy the file?

thank you

Yes definetly , File Quit in GUI. And take a look at @Jacek’s advice above!

Perfect yes @Jacek If I close chia gui regularry i have just two file in db folder:
blockchain_v1_mainnet.sqlite
peer_table_node.sqlite

Do you suggest to backup the folder db in wallet too??

Yes, make a copy of both folders. I would also backup your config.yaml file. If you have not moved your dbs from the default location, I would just copy the whole mainnet folder (regardless of whether you have tnose wal/shm files or not).

We don’t know what the root cause is, but from time to time mostly start_full_node process is decoupling from the daemon process that started it and is not responding to shutdown requests. Sometimes (less often), the wallet process also gets stuck. It is hard to say whether these processes will stop at any point, or as any orphaned processes will continue doing their job (building blockchain / wallet dbs).

If those processes will refuse to shut down in a reasonable amount of time, the only option is to reboot the box, what basically kills those processes in the middle of what they were doing. This potentially may end up with corrupted dbs.

Unless chia will fix this problem, this is a rather nasty bug that from time to time forces people to start resyncing from scratch or use services that offer blockchain db downloads.

It wouldn’t hurt to backup the whole folder .chia and also .chia_keys to a portable USB hardisk. Then maybe every two weeks the db folder under mainnet and the wallet folder to CYA yourself.

so you suggest to copy the entire mainet folder?
If necessary it is possible recopy the entire folder?

correct?