Official Chia compressed plots

There are SSDs from PNY that are made for chia plotting as well, not sure how well they perform with compressed plotting. Model is LX3030 !

How did you determine the above?

What are the model numbers of those drives? I would like to read-up on them.

Do you have a link from an article that stated model X was for Chia plotting?

Here is one

Come on, its a simple Google, and he mentioned the model number in the post.

1 Like

If we all use google who will we talk to ? :smiley:

3 Likes

I missed that. My bad.

But as to searching for claims… I am reluctant to do so.
I have had my share of searching for nonexistent stuff.

I am not accusing anyone here of making a false claim. I just feel that if someone already has the article, they should include it.

Sometimes a model number will bring up lots of articles that are not on point.

I did not see plotting time results. It is hard for me to extrapolate how that NVMe SSD would perform for creating plots.

I did not see any reference to how much of its NAND cells are SLC, MLC, TLC, or QLC.

That article went into virtually nothing other than endurance.
I saw nothing that conveyed what to expect, performance wise.

They claimed “high sustained write bandwidth”, but that can mean anything.
No plotting times. No mention of the NAND make-up (SLC, MLC, TLC, QLC)?

That is why I prefer that when someone posts such a claim, that they offer an article that supports the claim.

Maybe that PNY drive is the real deal?
But I have not seen anything convincing.

If that drive is the real deal, built for Chia plotting, then PNY should be showing its Chia performance results.

2 Likes

@seymour.krelborn this SSD is very old news, it came out a long time ago and never caught on. Please do a little reading and research next time before asking so many questions. And feel free to contribute the answers you find.

I do not research other people’s claims, unless I have in interest (such as considering making a purchase, based on a claim).

I asked:

…and I acknowledged that my asking for the model number was my bad.

That leaves two questions, and they are legitimate questions.
If two questions are “so many questions”, then you have a low tolerance for questions. Consider providing support for your claims, when you make your claims.

If my two questions are “so many questions”, then pick one.
Or is one question too many questions? And is that question too many questions?

People ask questions about what other people post. Getting salty about it is bizarre.
Why not answer the questions? Are they too difficult to answer?

What is the basis for your assertion?

My assertion is that the brand is PNY and the model LX3030. Since you are just looking for a fight, I am now going to ignore you. If you keep coming at me, I will report you.

I did not come at you.
You complained because I asked you for a link for me to learn about the SSD that you claim is designed for Chia plotting.

If you feel you must report a user for that imagined violation, then do what you feel is appropriate.

You are being combative. But I will not report you. My threshold and your threshold are worlds apart.

My takeaway from this is that you made a claim, and you got triggered because I asked for a link about what you claimed. You are refusing to provide that link.

My conclusion is that you either made a BS claim that you cannot substantiate, or you get excited over minutia and imagine attacks.

Do you understand that I simply asked for a link, and you went off the deep end?

@aurelius understand that I did not attack you, and that you claiming that I am looking for a fight is what you are doing.

On a positive note, this has an element of entertainment.
Ask for a link, to learn about a user’s recommendation, and it turns into a soap.

If you want exact clarification then yes, you should do your own research.

I would go as far to say that in the early days amongst the Chia community it was common knowledge that there were some drives that were specifically made for Chia, I was certainly aware, but just because I’m aware doesn’t mean I’ve got any articles to back that up. The main point of the drives was the very high endurance ratings.

1 Like

Yes, “exact” is nice. I did not ask for exact. I asked for a link regarding the SSD that @aurelius brought up as being designed for Chia plotting.

If he does not have a link, he could ignore my request, or he could state that he cannot recall the article, or something similar.

If I recommend a car to someone, and someone asks me why, I do not tell them to go do their own research. I would offer my rationale for making the recommendation.

But for him to write that I attacked him is silly.
Like being on a hidden game show.

Performance is key, too.

It is, but I don’t recall what the performance was and the manufacturers were getting concerned about the hammering the drives were getting, as in TBW, some tried to cash in on it by releasing drives with high TBW and saying they were for Chia, but they cost silly money, others tried to change warranty terms and TBW allowances for existing drives

Looks like it’s time to make a call to Tony, he needs to visit someone. He told me the other day he is getting bored.

When you asked me to send you pizza, I passed your request on to Toni Pepperoni.
He is in Florida now.

1 Like

Only for a short visit…

This was posted to Discord this afternoon, so it does sound like things are moving along.

The issue referred to is a “harvester dropout issue / GRR”.

:crossed_fingers: trying to get an alpha 5 posted today, and if this fixes the issue we are ready to move the farmer stuff to beta finally