Replotting to Chives

Yes, you are right. But on chives really brings double, not at the moment, at all moment)

1 Like

Already 20.13$/day from Chives against 9.60$/day from chia.:v:t2:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Replotting to Chives:

Chia with her idea and development team is definitely a leader. When I bought equipment in May, I believed in it and I believe now. With video cards profitability jumps too. If you start replotting now, you will waste a lot of time it is not what result. I think it’s better to wait.

Today I started replotting process using madmax plotter

sudo mount -t tmpfs -o size=40G,nr_inodes=10000,mode=0777,noatime tmpfs /ram/

~/chia/chia-plotter/build/chia_plot -x 9699 -n -1 -t /ram/ -2 /ram/ -d /chia/plots/f/ -p <POOL KEY> -f <PUBLIC KEY> -k 29 -r <CPU CORES> -u 64 -v 128

Consumed ~32g ram on ramdisk and 2-3G ram for plotting process
No ssd wear that’s why I choose k29 plots

1 Like

According to my calculations, in a month there will be 100 TB chives plots. It will be double profit from a half of my devices.

Sure, but I would put parallel generation on all devices😅 but this is a personal matter for everyone, I think. You need to understand all of your risks.

I don’t seem to find where this XCC is trading.

lmao, what is it? cmon be reasonable, i asked for stock exchange tradings.

Chives has no stock exchange yet. But it is ok for young coins. When raven coin was launched, it traded via discord channel, and was 2x more profitable.
I think when chives will be listed(if it will), we will never see 190PB diff
So now it is tradable only on this “exchange”. You can accept this risk and sell chives via this service, or just farm chia and earn 2x less.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember the year when new cryptocurrencies were released on video cards, such as xcn, libre, when i switched algorithm and received 4 times more income, but had to trade in discord. Here are the developers created an exchange until listing. I think this is much better then discord, that’s why I don’t see the difficulty in this. You won’t try you won’t know i think.

1 Like

Chives is the only fork I am aware of that also started their own exchange on day one. IMOP a very smart move but also necessary, as owning 100,000 XCC (being able to buy it if you do not want to wait to farm it) doubles your income potential as a farmer. This is the basic reason Chives has traded and risen so quickly. This also sets a good HODL mindset with all wanting to hold and/or farm at least 100,000 XCC. This 100,000 number will rise in future with network size.

Chia is corporate with the 21 million XCH pre-farm being used as equity and are now partnering with the World Bank. I wont go into the rant, but crypto was supposed to be about freedom from the bankers, not about becoming a part of the system.

Chives has no pre-farm and no moral complications that I am aware of. Chives announced vision and White Papers are much more about the people and the farmers while Chia’s vision is mainly corporate.

I do have a small concern that Chives might be not quite right. Their model drives coin sales by giving farmers who are holders of 100,000 Chives double the income potential. This is hopefully a great way to ensure long term stability of the farming network … but it just might be the bottom of a pyramid scam.

Anywaze at this point I have decided that my effort will go to a public project with Chives. I have some concerns but I would rather lose my time than have it spent contributing to the World Bank’s (IMOP) horrible record.

I wish I had read the Chia Business White Paper before I ever got involved with them. Now that I have and now that Chia has partnered up with the World Bank my conscience says it is time for Chia and I to part ways.

Chives is riskier, but even if I never earn a cent at least I will be able to happily look in the mirror every morning. Re-Plotting begins! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

What u mean about owning 100.000 XCC???, don’t remember that at the beginning… I’m not based on principles when choosing chives, only profitability, but I’m agree with everything you wrote about chia, about prefarm.

Can you elaborate on that?

Definitely seems sketchy.

Quoted from The Chives Greenpaper:

Block reward: A block is generated every 18.75 seconds, and each block rewards 200 Chives. Of this, 45% is allocated to miners, 45% is allocated to the master nodes, and 10% is allocated to the community

To become a master node, a user must have 100,000 Chives

3 Chives mining model

In Chives farms, plotting is a process that requires a disk read and write to the allocated farm space. Once your hard disk is plotted, as long as you keep the proof generated, you may become the farmer and harvest it.
The initial plotting process fills the farm space with randomly input proofs, and then reads the drives through direct access to the API, and sorts them to quickly find the proofs obtained.
Chives uses the free disk space on the hard disk to run the proof of space (PoSpace), and coordinate with another consensus algorithm-proof of time (PoTime) to verify the blockchain.
On the blockchain of the Chives network, there is no upper limit or limit on the total number of Chives coins that can be generated through farming rewards (farming).
Block reward: A block is generated every 18.75 seconds, and each block rewards 200 Chives. Of this, 45% is allocated to miners, 45% is allocated to the master nodes, and 10% is allocated to the community. One halving of block rewards every 3 years, to an final rate of 12.5 Chives generated every 10 minutes from the thirteenth year.

4 Master node system

Chives contains a two-tier network. The first layer is a network composed of miners, which provides users with funds sending and receiving services and prevent double spending. The second layer is composed of master nodes which form a network, providing unique performance support for the Chives network.

The master node system is also called Proof of Service (PoSe), because the essence of the master node is to provide key services for the entire Chives network. The entire Chives network is supervised by the master nodes. If miners try to possess all block rewards or run an old version of Chives software, the master node network will isolate the block and prevent it from being added to the blockchain.

To become a master node, a user must have 100,000 Chives (the specific number is to be determined by the community vote) as a “stake”. The deposit is always fully controlled by the holder and can be freely transferred by the holder. After the deposit is transferred, the corresponding master node will go offline and stop receiving block rewards.

3 Likes

Here is a good place to start with many lesser examples of the World Bank’s immoral practices easily found, many relating to forcing the sale of poor Nations’ resources to International Corporations:

The difference between criminal and civil law is: intent.

Guilt by association is not a crime, especially indirect.

Yes, I heard about it, but this is only in the developers project and will be introduced in a year. Now 90% goes to miners.

1 Like

I don’t think the Sengwar were thinking about legal definitions as they were displaced, beaten and killed all in the name of enforcing World Bank policies.

Chia said in a fact sheet
"The World Bank selected Chia for the initiative, which will enable the Climate Warehouse “to facilitate the transparent sharing and reporting of climate project information and its issuances,”

Climate Warehouse
“Leveraging International Carbon Markets under Article 6 to Unleash Private Capital”

Chia Inc. is now an official partner with Climate Warehouse, an element of The World Bank. I don’t care about the legal definition. Chia Inc. is now a working part in the World Bank Infrastructure. In spite of others saying otherwise, I believe it is also possible that we will see the Chia Inc pre-farm used as part of this machine.

1 Like

Do you mean that unlike bitcoin, there is no halving?