Replotting to Chives

Only until everybody starts doing it. Chia was incredibly profitable to farm back in April, then everybody jumped on board and farming profits started dropping like a stone.
I understand people taking the jump and going over to Chive, all the best to you, really.
Just saying this as a general warning, many people go into Chia the same way and ended up very disappointed in the profitability because the netspace skyrocketed.

1 Like

Fer sure! IMOP choosing to move to any fork is financially riskier and potentially less secure than remaining with the original Chia.

2 Likes

How is that? If I cannot change it to the buck then what is the point?

Need to register on the exchange, transfer chives there, change chives to usdt. Developers from the first day released their exchange.

You can also buy two daily chia income with your daily chives income :grin:

2 Likes

Everything is much simpler than many cryptocurrency’s. At the start, many trade in discord or on a forum like this. It’s not worth talking about stability before listing, but I never faced the problem of buying 100-150 chia by changing chives.

1 Like

With video cards, it happens that some kind of cryptocurrency drops in price due to the increase in complexity and by changing the algorithm you can earn, nothing needs to be done, but with hard drives you need to start replotting and wait. I decided to try it, because you can wait a long time.

1 Like

Hi,
I have 100TB new discs waiting to be ploted.

If i bye and hold 100000 chives, is that mean i will get 4 times profitability compared to Chia ?

Many, like myself, became interested in crypto because it was an economic system not owned and operated by the banks.

Chia was also attractive because it offered a more Eco-friendly blockchain.

The hope to earn value is always a consideration, but it is not the only or primary reason for everything.

2 Likes

No, now you will receive a block reward.

Master node system

Chives contains a two-tier network. The first layer is a network composed of miners, which provides users with funds sending and receiving services and prevent double spending. The second layer is composed of master nodes which form a network, providing unique performance support for the Chives network.

The master node system is also called Proof of Service (PoSe), because the essence of the master node is to provide key services for the entire Chives network. The entire Chives network is supervised by the master nodes. If miners try to possess all block rewards or run an old version of Chives software, the master node network will isolate the block and prevent it from being added to the blockchain.

To become a master node, a user must have 100,000 Chives(the specific number is to be determined by the community vote) as a “stake”. The deposit is always fully controlled by the holder and can be freely transferred by the holder. After the deposit is transferred, the corresponding master node will go offline and stop receiving block rewards.

This system is planned by the developers. Now you will receive by the chiaforkscalculator near 9.24$/day on chives.

1 Like

Today chives coin developers anounced listing on exchange. Congratulations all !!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

3 Likes

This is very good news. Chives price is going up and profitability too :v:

2 Likes

Difficulty is still 190 pb. I think I can finished my replotting before burst difficulty grow.

1 Like

In contrast to that situation, now people already have the equipment and the replotting to chives will not require any financial investments. And even if the chives drops to 0, the maximum you can lose is income from chia in a couple of months.

1 Like

Very good! Wait for 10$ price for 1 chives.

Good luck with maitaining the profitiability of farming Chives. With 190PB netspace it is matter of weeks until profitability will fall significantly. Chives netspace is over 150 times smaller than Chia. Price of Chives needs to grow significantly to sustain such profitiability. It is matter of time until folks with RAM plotters manage to script sufficient automation to easily switch between Chives and Chia - at that point Chives farmers with be stuck with ineficient plots. I’m more than happy that folks are replotting to Chives since that means smaller Chia netspace - more coins for me.

1 Like

Now you can mine chives and buy three times more chia coins. Don’t understand people who don’t use that profit. The only thing you are wasting is time to replotting, but it will pay off from profitability.

1 Like

If it was GPU mining then multiple obviously it would make sense, however with plots it is not that trivial.
First, you need to account lack of automation that deletes and replots based on profitability. One needs to setup such automation.
Second, unless someone plots in ram, you need to account wear of SSD.
Third, you need to account cost of writing plot. A high performance plotter will use at least 100Wh per plot. This is about 0.015$. that’s similar to one day of farming chives. So basically you give up one day of farming (or 3 days in case of chia).
Forth, pooling situation in chives is not perfect. You have foxy pool og with 1 block locked. This basically means you need to commit to at least few blocks on chives in order for this to make sense.

As I’ve said, the current situation is not sustainable since chives netspace is really low and currently you have better profitability on chives than on eth (for the same cost).

Starting Chives now is much like starting Chia was months ago. Hopefully Chives will not see a 90% price crash as Chia did.
Keeping up with network space is of concern for both. Yes, we are seeing quick expansion in the Chives network, but nothing I cannot get ahead of, and I’m on lower end hardware. With Chia, if XCH price rises network space will rise with it, so Chia has the same issue.
Switching back and forth would not make much sense but IMOP starting Chives now or re-plotting to it if you are so inclined is a good call.
The future is yet to be seen, but the present has a clear income advantage farming Chives over Chia.
Personally, I am happy to have the option.

I don’t get the hype. Beside the price, what does Chives have to offer? Isn’t lower K-value more susceptible to attacks? Who are the people behind Chives?

Yes. I’m plotting K31s for Chives now and expect I will be re-plotting when they raise K size … same as Chia.

No pre-farm, a different farming model that incidentally promotes HODLing, and no involvement with the banks.

https://www.chivescoin.org/our-team/