Setting for madmax

Hey mate, thanks for your reply.
I forgot to mention managed to purchase 1x : HYPER M.2 X16 GEN 4 CARD|Motherboards|ASUS United Kingdom
it allows to connect upto 4x nvme drives. So connected to PCIe 4.0 which then gave access to the 4x nvme drives. I’ve ran crystaldiskmark all 4 nvme outputting great speeds. Drive W

Yes, I agree with you with these B550 MB, not the very best for chia especially across multiple nvme drives.
I like your idea with “one nvme for -t & one nvme for -2” but was hoping to utilise the ramdisk as I have plenty ram.

Do you think it will be good idea to use 2 separate applications of MadMax and allocate 16 Threads each?
I have 4 nvme drives so same idea as you mentioned above but obviously it will be something like:
1st nvme for -t & 2nd nvme for -2
3rd nvme for -t & 4th nvme for -2

Each will be have 2 seperate destination drives.

Yes, but 8 (maybe upto12) threads (try) seem to work best per Powershell instance, MM pretty much uses them all anyway.

Question, given that Asus AIC needs this >

• Compatible with AMD TRX40/X570 PCIe 4.0 for NVMe RAID and supports Intel® platform RAID-on-CPU functions
  • Also support other vendors’ motherboards via PCIe bifurcation in BIOS setting

… and your MB doesn’t support that, how did u get x4 nvmes to be recognized? Did u do x2 on the MB and x2 on the card?

OK sounds like a plan for my next testing.
I’m currently using MM PlotManager GUI will run it for 24hrs to get an idea on number of plots.

After that will switch over to “2 separate applications of MadMax” well using Powershell going into Task Manager and allocating appropriate “affinity”.

Yes, I had to play around the settings, literally took hours to figure out. Next time I reboot system will post screenshots.

Btw, what threadripper are you using? Also any recommendations on what MB I can upgrade for my 5950x?

Lenovo P620 ThreadRipper Pro 3955WX - They are pretty cheap right now I offered less / got it.

Your MB/CPU is definitely decent, it’s just that it’s a B550 like mine, An X570 can be better in several ways. Your 5950x would be great on one. My B550 is now my farmer only.

Just in case anyone is interested.
Using my setup I’ve managed to plot 34-35 plots past 2 days.
Looks like re-install windows OS has solved my issue.

I think 5950x plotting these amounts is decent. Maybe room for improvements can be made considering I’ve got 3x 970 Pro available which are not being used.