Show off your rigs!

Currently running disk array off a Mac mini as the farmer
And using my MacBook Pro for plotter for now

Very efficient quiet and I got couple external NVMes hooked up so I’ll see how fast I can crank out some plots

3 Likes

Unless those are all SSDs in there … Doubt! :rofl:

My first budget-plotter

1x SuperMicro 1U 2x E5-2680v1(8c16t) X9DRI-LN4F+ (225$)
4x WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD M.2 1TB (480$)
4x NVME to PCI-E 3.0 16x m.2 adapters (28$)
Total = 733$

Doing about 35-40 plots a day under Windows 10 Pro x64 with SWAR plot manager, there is still some room for improvements.

*Thinking of adding a 5th nvme as stage-drive, right now im sending the created plots to my main rig over gbit-ethernet, but this is causing delay. Plan to install a USB3 adapter card and attach external disks.

*As i could not close the lid because of the nvme-adapters, im planning to make some cooling modifications to make it silent. I have ordered 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 for a total cost of 60$.

Quite happy with the build overall.

3 Likes

I’m really jealous of deals like that on old servers.
I can get a X9DRi-LN4F+ 1U Server for 250 euro, but then it has no memory, no ssd/hdd and 2650v2 instead of 2680…

Are you in Europe? I frequently buy from https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/ - They have similar ones in stock for around 250$ with the same config.

1 Like

How many plot per day ?

Here is a video of it running although not sure if it does it justice…lol

2 Likes

@codinghorror - please fix Discourse! It is only allowing me to like this one time!

2 Likes

I want to hear jet engine mode.

2 Likes

Looks nice!

What settings are you running the 5950x with?

Hello Sir,
I have similar setup with you :slight_smile: can you share your SWAR settings with me please ?

What are you planning on doing with the coolermasters to make it silent. Curious how that goes, my server build is crazy loud.

I’m farming with used computers. Here is my setup.
10x HP 600 G3 i7-7700T tiny computers (65W ea.)
1x Fujitsu W550 as my main
2xFujitsu W550, Fujitsu TX1320 M1… To store plots. About 250TB and 360 TB more coming next week.

I’m pretty happy with this. Making about 10TB a day. My only big problem is managing to plots.

3 Likes

HP: Please use our proprietary hdd caddy’s

ME: Please hold my beer

5 Likes

4500 plots as of this posting… Basically out of space now. Been on Chia since late March.

farmer00 still running windows.

All harvesters running ubuntu. harvester00-03 are all high power plotters. These plus my GPU rigs I can plot 20-22TB a day… (if I had the space left)…

farmer00 - Ryzen 7 1800X
harvester00 - Ryzen 9 5950X
harvester01 - Ryzen 9 3950X
harvester02 - Ryzen 7 5800X
harvester03 - Ryzen 7 5800X
harvester04 - VM on TrueNAS (just harvesting, no plotting)

harvester00 and harvester04 not pictured because they are rack mounted with my other servers.

2 Likes

Nice setup and kudos on the early start.

If you do not mind me asking, how many Chia over the last 7 days?

Ha, a big fat zero! I haven’t gotten any Chia for 25 days… Not sure what is happening here… My expected time to win is 8 days according to chia calculator. See my post… No XCH since moving to the multiple harvester model

how to avoid hard drive domino.
one hit makes all ext HDD collapse?

lol, yea that is always a concern. I have this in a place that it won’t get bumped into and even doing that could cause issues for the hard drives. I have put that transparent shelf liner on each shelf to help the disks stay stable. It would have to be a hard hit to knock anything down.

Very nice! But you’ll need to be careful that cat doesn’t overheat your PC and take down your operation. :grin:

1 Like