The send transaction from the official chia application does not pass (pending for long time)

Hello everyone. I have been unable to transfer coins from the official wallet to the exchange’s wallet for several days, the transaction is in the “pending” state. Before that, transfers were always fast, there had never been such a problem. There were no changes in the system, as far as I remember. What could be the problem?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue…is it due to the dust storm that going on?

1 Like

I think so. I have one in pending over 24 hrs now.

I did 0 fee. I think I can cancel the transaction and try a higher fee but I want to see how long this takes and I’ve never paid a fee. Why would I?

1 Like

Yea if you want to get a TX through you will need to set a fee or keep waiting till mempool comes back to <100% full. Looks like there is a good backlog of TX waiting to get processed https://xch.space/statistics

2 Likes

Is it a deficiency of the chia blockchain that someone can slow things down so much? And I’m guessing there aren’t even that many legitimate transactions taking place at this time. Is it a sign that chia doesn’t scale very well?

1 Like

I deleted the unconfirmed transaction but since some node is keeping it in mempool I can’t retry the tx. Getting mempool conflict error.

1 Like

Not a deficiency but basic demand scenario no different than other blockchains. Basically for some reasons, and it really does not matter why, there is a very high number of transactions pending right now (speculating but I would not be surprised if someone is minting a lot of NFT or CAT tokens for the holidays). Per the stats page I posted earlier if you want to have your transaction to go through without potentially waiting few days you do need to add a fee of 1-2 mojo. That amount of mojo can be obtained for free from XCH faucet (Faucets | ChiaLinks - Chia Cryptocurrency Resources) if you need some mojo so really I do not see a problem here at all.

2 Likes

My pool payout took 17 hours.

1 Like

Yea, my pool claim TX is still pending since last evening bcs I’m cheap and set no fee :joy:

Same here, sent one XCH to my cold wallet 13 hours, and its not yet arrived.

1 Like

I was actually curious about that…seems like my payouts from my pool is coming through fine. Does Space Pool add a fee to make sure the payment is processed quickly?

It makes sense if they are limiting it to a payout a day during dust storms.

1 Like

Everyone be aware that @Ryan_lloyd24 is sending spam with dubious links by private message, and using this thread as a reference, funnily enough they joined the forum just two hours ago.

Don’t fall for it!

2 Likes

So my send to another wallet has been pending for 3 days…is there a way to cancel it and resend with a fee so it will get processed quicker? What does delete unconfirmed transactions do? I’m hesitant to try for fear that the chia I was sending somehow gets lost with no way to retrieve!

Thanks!

1 Like

Perhaps it’s better to not delete it, although your client will pick it up again if it encounters a mempool conflict. I had kept my stuck txs deleted for the past few days, but just realized it might be better to let them stay like that, probably the client then keeps broadcasting them hoping that somebody mines them.

Another thing I was wondering is whether somebody could intentionally be abstaining from broadcasting these stuck txs with a customized node, to harm the network. If there’s no good mechanism to counter than, then it’s entirely possible.

Same issue, have 3.5 on my plot nft, paid the less than 60 seconds fee and it’s been stuck for 2 days. Just started recently.

1 Like

So can someone explain? I used a low fee and been “pending” for a long time. Deleted Unconfirmed Transactions and all appears back in the GUI. Made same transaction again but this time with a 7.3 million mojo fee. Seemed to say its started, but there was a MEMPOOL_CONFLICT. The GUI has it all displayed with the larger fee, but still pending.
Does the MEMPOOL_CONFLICT mean something is actually wrong or is it for information only and the transaction will eventually happen?

1 Like

I have the same problem, I would like to know the answer.

I found that if I increased the fee to 0.001XCH the MEMPOOL_ONFLICT went away and the transaction completed in about 60 secs. But that may be coincidence, because the mempool size is now be slightly lower. The next time I do a transaction I shall try a fee of 0.0001XCH.

1 Like

Pretty sure I tried that fee yesterday and it said it wasn’t enough, I was only sending to my cold wallet so left it for now.

I also cancelled my zero fee transaction that had been pending for 6 days.