There's a new dashboard in town 😎 - introducing farmr.net

What was your path, its like missing some stuff.

Where is the directory for app-1.6.1 ???

1 Like

C:\Users\ale\AppData\Local\Programs\Chia\resources\app.asar.unpacked

What version of Chia do you have installed and did you uninstall version 1.6.0 when it asked you?
As you can see I have no chia folder in the path you provided (and I did change the user name)

I have version 1.6.1 I did a clean install from scratch. saving the database. and the installation all by default. look for what has to be.

If you installed it for All Users instead of only for yourself it is in C:\Program Files\Chia

1 Like

Would anyone be able to tell me what the directory in Ubuntu is now? I can’t for the life of me seem to figure it out.

yes u r right… thanx alot…

just paste ur new directory (C:\Program Files\Chia\resources\app.asar.unpacked) to cmd area and wait…then it will work…

@jonnys : it seems to be in /opt/chia for 1.6.1.

Thanks! I tried a bunch of different directories and still cannot get farmr to work on Ubuntu running 1.6.1

Every directory I have tried it tells me it is invalid. I give up for now, will have to monitor the farm the oldskool way for now. Hopefully can get it figured out soon. Glad to see the Windows guys found a solution, I’m stuck for now.

If you install 1.6.1 for all users, then farmr.exe works fine.

Thats what I always do, but still had issues with this path crap.

1 Like

That worked for me. No issues.

Nobody has an answer, as to why they made a directory change after all this time…

The “c:\program files” folder is meant to hold read only installation part of programs. So, a better question should rather be why Chia decided to use some random folder to start with (to follow Linux path structure, what is wrong in this case).

Although, it may be that farmr is the most popular monitoring program out there, and potentially Chia not giving heads up about the folder structure change shows disregard for devs that put their time to improve the ecosystem.

By the way, also ‘c:\ProgramData’ folder is where all the other chia folders should be located (e.g., .chia, .chia_keys).

3 Likes