There's a new dashboard in town šŸ˜Ž - introducing farmr.net

Iā€™d assume so , but Iā€™m a win guy so canā€™t offer much help here.

I installed this and it looks great. Thanks for writing this (coding)ā€¦

2 Likes

Any tips on running Farmr in my startup script? I havenā€™t been able to get it to start and begin reporting via a bash file yet.

So if anyone has the same issue, chmod to the correct permission (detailed in the farmr cli) fixes the error.

how to install on raspbian 64bit? and how run it?

Okay, so I missed it further up in the thread. Just need to run ā€œfarmr harvester headlessā€ in a bash file that runs at startup to start farmr on your harvesters.

So where can we find an explanation on how efficiency is calculated? I asked in Discord as well, but no answer yet. I am currently at 53% efficiency, but not sure if this is as terrible as it sounds or not?

Hey, main dev here. Iā€™ve been busy these last couple of months but Iā€™ll try to reply to all of your questions.

Efficiency is the ratio between the number of times your plots passed filters and the number of times your plots should be passing filters. This value should vary between 90-110% after 24 hours of cache.

2 Likes

You can download the .deb package that ends in -aarch64.deb from the releases page and install it.

Or you can also compile it from source (check documentation for that)
To run it simply type ā€œfarmrā€ in terminal and it will generate an ID you can link to your account.

1 Like

Correct, that is not a farmr command, farmr doesnā€™t change file permissions. If it doesnā€™t have permission to read a file, it wonā€™t read it and it will probably crash. @wobblewoo what youā€™re seeing here is another command, not sure what you ran.

1 Like

On mobile you can swipe right to dismiss/remove it, sorry if this isnā€™t clear.

3 Likes

That warning error is passed from chia cli when farmr tries to read chiaā€™s version (or status?).
Havenā€™t seen that issue myself, but there are similar issues with versions/statuses.
Nothing to worry about in regards to farmr, but you should fix that issue in chia.

1 Like

@Fuzeguy @Bones itā€™s currently doing that over 24 hours, but that can be defined on the client if you edit the source code and compile it from source. There are plans to add that setting to farmr.net in the future.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply Gil. I have only been using farmr for one day, but it seems like an awesome tool!

Yes, this is as terrible as it sounds.

Farmr is excellent because it reveals problems that you did not know you had.

Every plot should pass the filter 1 in 512 tries on avg. Efficiency is a measure of how true this is on your setup. If you are passing 1 plot in 512 on average then your efficiency is 100%. At 53% you are missing almost half of your challenges and chances to win a block.

Challenges are usually missed due to horrible response times but there can be other reasons.

Farmr is really good at finding a problem but you have to do the deeper diagnostics to find the actual cause. I suggest you go through your log in detail and figure out why you are missing so many challenges. Post a new thread in support if you need further help to fix it.

Be well! :grinning:

3 Likes

Believe chance is 1 in 512, not 256.

1 Like

Oops, thanx! Will edit.

Okay, I figured it out. I had added my harvesters to farmr, but not my farmer. I didnā€™t add my farmer because I appeared to have all of the stats in farmr already just by adding the harvesters. After adding my farmer, everything now appears correct with an efficiency of 99%. Thanks for the help Aspy.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just started using farmr (late to the party!) and whilst doing my daily checks of my farm Iā€™ve noticed that I get a load of these Warnings in my debug.log.

ValueError: Wallet type 9 cannot create puzzle hashes
2021-11-24T15:32:27.463 wallet chia.rpc.rpc_server        : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):
2021-11-24T15:42:27.206 wallet chia.rpc.rpc_server        : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):
2021-11-24T15:42:27.295 wallet chia.rpc.rpc_server        : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):
2021-11-24T15:42:27.422 wallet chia.rpc.rpc_server        : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):
2021-11-24T15:52:27.247 wallet chia.rpc.rpc_server        : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):
2021-11-24T15:52:27.331 wallet chia.rpc.rpc_server        : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):
2021-11-24T15:52:27.463 wallet chia.rpc.rpc_server        : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):

As soon as I stop farmr, the warnings stop. Does anyone know if itā€™s something I need to be concerned about, or something I can fix? If itā€™s ok to ignore then thatā€™s fine by me.

Thanks for the great tool @gil

Disco

Just a heads up, farmr.net is offline for me for some reason.

@DiscoSi I get that error, as Iā€™ve seen others on reddit say they also have it, and everythingā€™s running normally I wouldnā€™t worry about it personally.

1 Like