There's a new dashboard in town šŸ˜Ž - introducing farmr.net

Not explored the dos panel, does it offer more than just hitting the legacy button on the Web page?

Lol, after checking legacy, it clearly says many of those are 24hr stats, that explains things.
Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Open to farmr command panel on the task bar to display the DOS panel. Youā€™ll find the menu below. Type "1 "(not sure why but you need to do it twice to refresh), and youā€™ll will open the magic door to much interesting information > :face_with_monocle:

[1] XCH - View report
[2] XCH - View addresses
[3] View list of IDs
[4] Quit
Select action number:

Hey- THANK YOU Bones! I never tried or noticed the 'legacy" menu choice! Itā€™s the same as ā€œ1ā€, but try the ā€˜2ā€™. Nice to learn something today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

First of all great dashboard, I just love it.
One question, is it possible to have any info in dashboard or bot about why/when a challenge was missed?

Thanks

1 Like

I have been useing farmr for months now. It is an excellent monitoring tool.

The occasional missed challenge probably shows that you are still writing plots and/or have slow communication somewhere.

If you have too many long responses or missed challenges then you pretty much have to check the log to see the errors and the messages surrounding them in order to tack down the specific issue.

2 Likes

Yes im still writing plots.
Thanks for your reply.

And if you are only farming, no plotting?

I have also found and confirmed that problematic drives (that seem normal and ok, and/or actually failing) can cause random response misses across the farmā€™s drives. Removing them tightens timings across the board. Seems these errant drives affect disk controllerā€™s function somehow.

Farmr was the key tool to discover these with its filters response data.

1 Like

Are they spinning down? If USB, are they self-powered?

Self powered and internal, not spinning down in either case, just something wrong with the drive. SMART didnā€™t help solve the issue. Guess I would have send back to manu. for evaluation. In my case it was a lone Seagate internal drive amongst WDs internals and USBs. Maybe they donā€™t get along?

1 Like

Can you setup a separate harvester for it, to make sure it doesnā€™t come from the system and isolate the problem? AFAIK smart isnā€™t very good at predicting drive failures (dixit Google)

Good idea, and I did take it from a Ryzen farmer to a TR plotter, long formatted and replottedā€¦ and it seemed better there, or at least it allowed plotting, but returning it to the farmer, same issue (random long responses across drives). Maybe ā€˜strongerā€™ (whatever that means) controller on the TR supported its ā€˜iffynessā€™ better? Or writing didnā€™t show the issue, but reading does? Not sure.

Does anyone know how to add a 2nd node.
I see the + tab, open the box, enter my Iā€™d of my 2nd node, but it still only shows my first node with no new data for the 2nd.

Possibly it doesnā€™t work with 2 full nodes on 1 ip.

Edit. Must be the 2 node 1 ip thing, worked first time once configured as harvester

You are right about it. When you look at those attributes with something like smartctl, some are marked as ā€œold-ageā€ and some as ā€œpre-fail.ā€ Those old-age attributes should roughly match drive warranty. However, when you see those pre-fail showing or increasing, that is the time to dump such drive for sure. For general failures (main board, motors, connections), SMART data is not really that helpful.

1 Like

Upon further investigation, I going with power supply causing the disk anomaly at this point. Took a couple int. disks out, all is fine, even with the one that seemingly ā€˜didnā€™t workā€™ (just occasional click, not showing in Disk Mgr even). I only have a 500w in my Ryzen, or so it is specā€™ed, but it seems not really. Going to get a JBOD USB device for the rest. USB is more manageable, transportable, and easily serviced without taking my node down.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how to remove a device from farmr pls?

Believe just hover over the ā€œFarmerā€ word on the left panel, click the ā€˜xā€™

1 Like

Thanks, that worked, just wasnā€™t really visible on mobile, found it easily on desktop.

Just set this up and itā€™s brilliant - thankyou.

However iā€™ve a few errors cropping up.

On farmr.net under Blockchain Version, iā€™ve a load of @@@@ symbols which if i scroll through it says:
WARNING: UNPROTECTED SSL FILE! @@@ā€¦@@@ then list a whole load of files with Expect 664 and suchlike. I cant cut and paste the data.

It does say to run ā€˜chia init --fix-ssl-permissionsā€™ to fix issues but when i run that (obv on the farmers cli) i get Command ā€˜chiaā€™ not found, which i think is because im running the GUI version.

Does it matter and can anyone help?

Wx

Iā€™ve managed to get a list from the farmr cli on the farmer terminal and am going to guess i could use chmod to amend , is that a way to remedy this?

sudo chmod 0644 ā€˜file locationā€™

Obv. changing permissions as listed below.

0664 -rw-rw-rā€“
0644 -rw-rā€“rā€“
0600 -rw-------

Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/daemon/private_daemon.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/farmer/private_farmer.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/farmer/public_farmer.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/full_node/private_full_node.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/full_node/public_full_node.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/ca/private_ca.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/harvester/private_harvester.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/full_node/public_full_node.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/ca/private_ca.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/timelord/private_timelord.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/timelord/public_timelord.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/daemon/private_daemon.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/wallet/private_wallet.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/wallet/public_wallet.crt' are too open. Expected 0644
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/daemon/private_daemon.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/farmer/private_farmer.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/farmer/public_farmer.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/full_node/private_full_node.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/full_node/public_full_node.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/ca/private_ca.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/harvester/private_harvester.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/full_node/public_full_node.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/ca/private_ca.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/timelord/private_timelord.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/timelord/public_timelord.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/daemon/private_daemon.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/wallet/private_wallet.key' are too open. Expected 0600
Permissions 0664 for '/home/username/.chia/mainnet/config/ssl/wallet/public_wallet.key' are too open. Expected 0600

Thatā€™s not a farmr command I think, but a chia command to be run from chia cli not farmr cli.

I tried running it as a chia command but it doesnā€™t work. I wasnā€™t in the virtual environment, just had the GUI running - maybe thatā€™s it.