We need to all work together to get farmers off Old OG Plot Pools if we want Chia to be success and for us to make a profit

I think they care a great deal that as many farmers as possible stop using OG plots to pool with and switch to NFT plots.

They worked frantically on the protocol for 2 months, and every day it wasn’t finished every communication channel got plastered with “when pool??, need pool now!!”

And now that it’s finally out there’s people going “ah, well you know, actually, not that big of a deal”
If I was one of the dev’s I’d introduce a virus to those people’s computers that causes it to make an annoying sound 20 times per day at random intervals :rofl:

Jokes aside, it’s their pride (for lack of a better word) on the line after talking so much about how the new protocol would be better and more secure than the unofficial pools.

the xch in their stash is solely at the discretion of the chia company, a simplest way would be to just use a redemption method independent of the blockchain

people that cares about pool would have already switch, they are just a vocal minority rather than the majority. Big whales are not gonna bother replotting unless incentivise otherwise

I don’t think they were really that concerned about people asking when pool. I think they were concerned that after they missed their self imposed deadline almost 50% of the farming network was using a closed source program to pool. I am happy with Hpool and am about to hit my first full coin from farming with them. I am in the process of plotting new drives to see how my returns are on the OP plots. Once I have the new ones filled I will decide if it is worth the effort to re-plot the old ones to my new key. It is going to be purely based off of return. The devs can worry about securing the network. I am not worried about it.

I’m just telling you flat out…the XCH price has nothing to do with pool plots.

XCH just flat out doesn’t have any Dapps. There’s no reason to own the token!

Look at Uniswap…the token has no utility other than governance and is just “ducktaped” to the platform.

Tokens can succeed without utility but they certainly need regular users around the platform.

It’s pure speculation at this point how the network is going to develop and what will be the key differentiators for the network.

It will take plenty of time for that utility to be available for users of the network.

Also, nobody is clamoring to get on a network where THE TEAM OWNS OVER 95% OF THE SUPPLY.

The Official Chia team needs to address this issue and fast.

You don’t address these things by saying ‘…it’s going to be okay everyone…’.

I have stated before we are open to open-sourcing our pooling client once all the issues have been fished out.

At least this way the community have the best of both worlds…support for the OG plots as well as an open-source client.

0.0025 XCH / 10TiB / day. I gradually moved from hpool OG.

1 Like

I don’t know who still needs to see this, but there is a way to restore the NFT 7/8 rewards for forks. You can do so here: NFT Recovery | ALL THE BLOCKS - Chia & forks | blockchain explorer

Thereby eliminating the incentive to hold onto OG plots.

1 Like

I can agree that we should stop using some dodgy OG pools like hpool with non open source software.

But hpool just filled the gap which Chia created when started this year.

If Chia project would introduce NFT plots since day 1 we would not have this conversation today.

Chia give us NFT plots in July when some of us already had thousands OG plots done. This costs us time, wear of computer hardware, electricity.

It is Chia mistake that NFT plots were not available from the start of mainnet.

I will keep my over 2 thousands OG plots as long as my HDDs will be alive. I have no intention to replot.

Even more… I’m creating extra over 600 OG plots to grow to a 300 TB farm. I want to have all my plots this same type so no choice it has to be OG plots.

I’m farming Chia and a few other forks with Foxy Pool. I’m happy with them and I can see that it is great community.

I don’t see any dangerous thing which this pool could do to Chia.

Lots of people is closing their farms now. I wouldn’t blame OG pools for that. Chia is young project and still have lots to do to become more mature.

Just one of least interesting threads from reddit:

So there is a lot hard work for Chia developers regarding theirs software.

Another thing… how hard is to buy XCH in some countries.

So before you will ask OG plots owners to replot them… please take a wide look at the whole project.

If Chia is “so green”… then NFT plots should be ready since start of the mainnet.

In that case we would not have this conversation today.

Foxy Pool Chia OG is giving me exact same thing like NFT pools + benefits of great Foxy community.

I see no reason to replot my OG plots to NFS as this will not give me benefits today but will cost me:

electricity

wear of computer hardware

my time

I just found thread on reddit saying that running full Chia Full Node can ruin SSD drive quickly.

Maybe is time to create light Chia farmer software… for this who will keep running a Full Node or TimeLord… maybe some type of reward for doing this.

I don’t see reasons why you should get lot of hate for this.

I can agree that it would be better if Chia farmer would stop using some dodgy pools.

But this is not the main reason why XCH value and netspace is going down.

There is more factors that are created current situation. I would not blame OG plots for this.
Chia project started with OG plots… it was their mistake. If they would start with NFT plots we would not have this conversation today.

U r completely right, some ppl here are just for getting a quick revenue and they are getting quite pissed of when they don’t.

1 Like

I was originally on Hpool but the minute NFT pools were live I started to plot the rest of my space with the new plots and had them as part of a pool. Then once my space was filled, I started to replot. Basically keeping my farm at full capacity while slowly moving over to full NFT. I have added space since then and I am currently at full capacity and completely NFT on an official pool. I don’t regret the time it took to move over. I make more on the official pool and I don’t feel like I’m part of some scabbed together pool (which is exactly what any OG pool is no matter how much you like them).

Some day OG plots will no longer exist. I guarantee it. Something will come down the pipe that will make them obsolete. It is just a matter of time. Do yourself a favor and get ahead of it. Just setup some old system and let it plot. At least you will be making progress toward NFT.

1 Like

Don’t fully get that point. It’s a self balancing system.

• Price goes down, farmers drop out, Rewards go up.
  • Price goes up, farmers come in, Rewards go down.

Network is dropping but the rewards are not increasing. There is a bug or backdoor and someones use this. Maybe the dust storm, but the small farmers’ rewards are not increasing. I have been keeping extensive statistics since April. Some peoples earn a lot but overall low. For example, my win time is 15 days but 40 days no blocks. I am sure there is no problem at my farm.

its cheap in most places. overseas is another story.

depends, how good your plots are and delete duplicates and check the quality by chia check plots usage. people will desagree but i have won 5 plots in 23 days so far since i done a few things to improve plots and change pools.

I was on Foxy OG, and I did the same as you, all my OG plots have gone. All new plots I do are K32 and K33 NFT, mainly K33. I’ve enjoyed plotting, trying to get the production quicker without spending an absolute fortune.

That’s just variance, nothing to do with bugs or backdoors, it’s a feature of chia, and is why ppl use pools.

1 Like