Why chia price never raise?

so you lost in this game, and now you try to argue about your illusions while blaming dictionary ROFL

you can be proud, or rich. both not possible :wink: pick your poison.

Lol, i started of saying it was the dictionary def and ive not changed that stance.

But dance on the chessboard and pretend you won if it makes you happy.

you seems to have excess of fembot hormones, darling. Because only feminaszi fiercely defend their bullshit once they were caught by inconvenient facts :stuck_out_tongue:

Way over $10,000 - more like $20,000 - worth of hardware personally bought with BTC enters the chat.

Strange definition of “can’t buy shit with BTC”.

@Bones
Chia, on the other hand, you have to change to another currency (commonly BTC), making it have very little utility, and essentially ALL of that utility is speculation that the price will go up AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE.

It seems possibly @hajes29a didnt profit from the halving so seems to think crypto isnt profitable.

Im lost.

There’s no profit for me, unless I can run a cable from ronski’s panels

2 Likes

Don’t unplug mine, I was here first!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

LOL, no profit for me either, but another 15 panels coming soon :grinning:

Now they’re actually earning their money back unlike my crypto endeavours.

@drhicom @Ronski @BadgerStork

You 3 didnt buy btc before the halving?

Coiners gotta coin !

I had some BTC back in the day, but sold it and did make some $$$

yes, I bought some HW too. Can you eat it? ROFL where you resell it in distress? Do you think, people buy computers, electronic crap in bad times?

Back in 2008, I used BTC for currency swaps. No need today. What is real use apart buying useless stuff?

Some of that hardware I bought DURING the whole COVID mess.
Are you trying to say THAT was not “bad times”?
Fail, try again?

There are also quite a few places that will take BTC - not to mention a lot of BTC “like an ATM machine” outlets. I’ve got more of those in town than my financial institution has REAL ATMs in this city.

i belive we can not follow subject here.

In my opinion the problem with the whole thing is relatively simple, CNI was not able to make a proper calculation for the future and burned too much money too quickly without managing to establish XCH on the crypto market to the point where they could survive on their own.
And so they started downsizing the team way too late and even that wasn’t enough. and their only option was to permanently dump parts of the pre-farm on the market.

I say dumping on purpose, even if Gene Hoffman is trying to mislead everyone by saying it’s only 1.5% of the daily volume. i think he means the trading volume and not the farm volume. but what matters is the daily farm volume and the resulting sales, from which the daily price has been calculated over the first 2 years. and the daily farm volume is just 4,608 XCH!
This results in a monthly farm volume of around 138,000 XCH and CNI dumps an additional 50,000 XCH per month, which easily doubles the sales volume as a large part of the 138,000 are simply HODL.

CNI is its own problem and does not manage to take the right steps against it, a widespread problem with start-ups where money is not spent with their own money, but with money from investors, which is very pleasant to live from because it was there in the first place without the risk that no more money will be paid overnight ;-).
This goes on until all the money has been used up, which has already happened now the pre-farm has to serve, which reinforces the whole thing like a spiral due to the additional sales pressure.

Just my opinoin^^

have a nice day all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This video gave a good summary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNFrMFDOgs
It’s a shame really

And then today there are these videos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2E4wcODiDY (3 parts) that reach the same conclusion

Chia is dead. Killed by mismanagement and arrogance

1 Like

LOL Yes please sell all coins to me!

I think it is worth to read this Wikipedia article - Proof of space - Wikipedia, and especially pay attention to dates and published documents and authors.

The founding PoS document was published in 2013 and Bram was not listed on it.

The first document that Bram was involved in PoS space came in 2017 (Beyond Hellman’s …). That document had 6 authors.

Bram and Pietrzak published most likely the first PoST document in 2018.
The second author on that document (Pietrzak) was heavily involved in PoS work since that first 2013 document, so not sure how much of that publication is influenced by him.

2 Likes

The founding “Proof of space” type coin was BURST (now Signum), NOT Chia.
Why would Bram be listed on white paper(s) for that?

I think that there is a difference between a (research) publication and an implementation. Therefore, IMO your comment about BURST vs Chia is irrelevant at best. A corollary to that is that since you don’t understand that difference you question why Bram’s name is listed in that publication.

If you do have question about the authors of those papers, you are better to ask the paper authors or publishers, as I was just quoting the authors that were listed in those papers (not listed by Wikipedia, although both agree).

Maybe you can read that article and check listed references before you comment.

Given that BURST was implemented YEARS before Chia was, I fail to understand your complaint.