Why is core-pool be censored here?

Please stop replying. I’m not here to speak with you. I’d just like a mod to respond. In the future be more accepting of differences in opinions.

@dchuk @codinghorror - Any answers?

I just found the mute function and used it. :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you! That let me find the ignore function!

2 Likes

Please stop replying. I’m not here to speak with you. I’d just like a mod to respond. In the future be more accepting of differences in opinions.

What is your point?

There was a thread advertising a pool which looks scammy af.

The only right thing the mods could do was lock that thread.

Imagine the backfire if the pool actually is scammy and people got there from that post.

Now pls stop spamming. Tyvm.

1 Like

A Private message to them would be more appropriate in that case.

1 Like

I would prefer to have the conversation with them about censorship in the open. A private message would have prevented everyone from coming here and telling me to be quiet for asking a question. That would be a benefit.

wow really. should a mod even bother giving their time over this after offending the forum community members. i for one feel offended by the behavior and response i see here. anyway up to them if they reply.

2 Likes

Nobody here owes you anything, and nobody here has to stop replying because you tell them to. Mods don’t have to answer because you demand it of them, either.

I’m confident most of the community here would prefer if mods err on the side of caution when it comes to potential malware, and even if they didn’t - as has been said before - this is their playground and their rules. You have the right to say what you like - but nobody is obliged to host it, nor does anyone have to tell you why they won’t host it - this is like day 1 internet etiquette.

3 Likes

I was talking to core-chia dev today. Seems pretty legit. All actions of executable have been all answered. All makes sense. They dont take your keys, you send reward to same address or another as you chose. Best option now before official pools. Also, people can double or triple farm, on chia, on hpool and on core-pool. Not something legit, but come on, 0XCH club is big if not the biggest.

And about censorchip, came on, is a bussines, the competition affects profit. There is no sense to continue asking for mods answer. Use your head.

Many pools are discussed here, both official and unofficial, none of us mind that. Using any closed source software when it comes to things with a monetary component like crypto comes with risks, and other members have already called out the result of virus scans on the executables making things a little suspect, so there’s good reason to be wary of this project until there’s more clarity. If the devs of that pool want to reach out to me I’m happy to chat with them.

Now what I don’t like is waking up on a Sunday to a pile of mentions to me and @codinghorror demanding a response to a topic that in the grand scheme of things is just not worth getting worked up over. If this keeps happening I’m going to start pausing accounts for a time to cool people off.

Broadly, we are discussing how to best form a point of view on the various pool offerings here. My ask right now is:

1. Keep it civil at all times
  2. Be careful and responsible with your decisions of what software you run on your machine and pools you participate in
  3. Don’t be annoying

Have a great Sunday everyone!

8 Likes

By this argument we should also leave fake phoenix miner builds up.

HPool causes a 20%+ loss because they get scammed by their farmers easily because Chia does not allow for honest pooling “yet”. But HPool at least has some history on other coins.

The new popups are just worse and have no history. Your insane to pursue them and accounts supporting them are likely spam/fakes. Wait for official pooling or if you absolutely can’t wait then go get HPool.

4 Likes

Loud-noises_large

Nah… we know there is one place to get Phoenix Miner builds. That is different. I’m seriously not trying to cause trouble, just want things to be fair.

We need some rules so the mods can easily decide what is what.

Official pools will be pools that will follow Chia’s pooling protocol. It’s currently under development.

Yes I understand. I also know that how POW networks do pooling is a lot different than how Chia will have to do it. POS coins didn’t really need to change anything to enable pooling as the pool assigns the work to the miner and the work already contains the pools wallet address. Chia will have to work differently. I’ve tried really hard to think of a way to do pooling without changing some fundamental part of their network. Can’t come up with it (other than the hack ways that current pools have).