Chia gain is too low

This topic has been discussed before, i.e. here: No rewards for 9863 plots for about a month

My solution was to replot for pools. I haven’t thought about this issue until now.

However, I also believe that there is “something” that can go wrong with farming OG plots that is not easy to diagnose with the provided logs (see the link above for examples). But now that we have the pooling option, just replot and you will have your earnings pouring in as expected (perhaps with lower frequency of 0.25 rewards vs. statistically expected). This is your quick fix farm solution, and that is the best way forward for people having similar problems if winning XCH is of any value to you.

On the other hand, I get the frustration with winning less blocks vs. expected over time, and if there is a common problem that hinders the proper amount of winnings to happen according to basic probability over time, then Chia team (if you read this) please add simple error messaging in the chia GUI and make a video explaining what are the reasons for these big (or small) farmers loosing out on all these rewards with OG plots. Perhaps some case studies with concrete examples of what the problems were could be helpful as well.

That’s my 2 cents again on this topic.