Moderation is absent

I beg to differ.
If their scams are left unchecked, people will be taken to the cleaners.

When scammers find that this site is prime for pigeons, more will follow.
They should be slapped down, hard and fast, and by many people.

1 Like

I hope your not still wondering why some crazy guy shot him???

They did not create accounts here to “fade away”, you have your logic reversed, they are here to scam people. CNI will pull the plug on this forum very soon if this keeps happening.

So by that logic, If I ask you to send me 8 WD18TB disks and you did, who’s fault is it?

It’s not “that logic”, it’s simply logic. Scammers are coming here, we have to get them out. There’s nothing complicated about that. If you think scammers will leave on their own, you’re being naive.

I’ve warned of all this sense conception now I feel If people are to lazy to read an entire thread about something they are seriously installing on their pc. Than whose fault is it?

People easily accidentally write bad code that leads to vulnerabilities that others will exploit

There needs to be a simple bold text disclaimer each and ever time u come to this site.

There’s just no way easy to moderate such a thing effectively

Look at Twitter or fb just full of garbage why would this place be different without a huge team of real moderators fact checking and following leads and reading code. Auditing as we all go.

Good luck

Put plain and simple there are too many Karens out here!!

From @sargonas on Discord :

We are aware that that forum has grown a little unruly and unmoderated over the past few months. We have attempted to reach out to the forum’s owner to let them know that their right to use chia in the name is in jeopardy if they don’t put a steady hand back in controlling their community…

We have established some deadlines in our communications and are trying to get them to acknowledge and/or respond to do something about this. If they do not, we will take things to the next step and presumably revoke the right to use the Chia name.

The problem is that when the owner of the site is apparently MIA, our options are limited since if we revoke the name, it doesn’t actually mean anything short of requiring the owner to take the name off the site… Which if they are mia we can’t exactly do that now. Can we?

There are other options we have beyond that but they are very lengthy for us to enact, think on the scale of weeks and months to get formal/legal resolution on. We already set down this path a week or two back when this first came up , but the options of what we can do in the short time are very limited unfortunately. This is simply the reality of the situation and we’re doing what we have the power to do in the background, which is unfortunately quite limited at the end of the day because we simply have no control over that site.

This forum is probably going to close in the next few months. I’m not happy, but it’s better than newbies being scammed.

1 Like

Newbies need to be scammed to grow up. Everybody should care for himself and understand the world we are living at. There are only a few people , especially in the crypto world , willing to help .

You can see that even for madmax there are people that accuse him for something he created and is great . Ofcourse he should be paid for it.

Forum is great overall. Leave the haters and spammers and learn to pick up good information

2 Likes

Reported you for saying such nonsense.

2 Likes

That is awful, repulsive.

2 Likes

Maybe misunderstood. My meaning is that people involved here 99% chance if scammed will lose a few xch ( hope to be less than 2😪) and that will be a lesson for them to be extra cautious in the world we are living and 2nd and most important to be as secure as possible when getting involved with crypto.

2 Likes

Just So u know. Staffs Ben slowly restoring my posts. Ur waisting ur time. Pre tending to be a fair moderator of some sort. Ur an Unnollected official. Pretending Like where ccp. I’m from where people are free. Sorry if it offends.

I only try and help.

if I seem like a salty crazy so be it. I’ve preached loudly about what this forum would become. Sense day 1

Seen hundreds if not thousands robbed in broad daylight. With no one to challenge thier code… other than me…

I was chastised for speaking about it. Every time. And u continue to just block my speech. Sad state of affairs.

That’s the only way my opinions differ from yours
Sooo

Makes me heavily question your own allegiance too chia, seeing how u silence those who ask people to not trust anything third party.

I have no ill intent. Ur just bitter and like to control.

There’s far far worse on here than what I have to say.

Why not control all that. pleases.

Honestly a dick move by Chia. Can you imagine they have so much time on their hands that they can worry about stuff like this? I find out a little concerning to be honest. But the fact that they have some sort of control over what other people are doing? It’s not there property, unless there was a written agreement that they had to abide by a certain things. Put that would be a little bit cheesy. If anything, this should tell us something about where Chia is at. I mean honestly. If this forum is in shambles? That’s sort of like the status of my farm. It’s not exactly a big priority. And that’s on the Chia team. Make the coin matter. If you can imagine, using all this node count for a poker game? That’s not exactly a big selling point too investors I would think. Hey we built this spacecraft and we’re going to drive to Walmart with it.

1 Like

It is their property (the Chia logo & trademark) and there is a written agreement for its use, as there is with any trademark use.

Then you really haven’t been paying much attention. The poker game is a means to develop core parts of Chia’s future functionality. That’s why Bram is personally doing it. Poker is just a testing ground for it.

On the subject of moderation:
Yes it’s annoying at times that there is so little moderation, but this has been the case for quite a long time now, at least a year if not more. And most of the time it doesn’t create many problems apart from a few annoying trolls that are easily ignored.

Scam attempts not getting booted out is obviously more serious though.
In any case, even without much moderations the forum has been mostly doing fine, getting people help when they need it. So Yes there are issues, But I’m also seeing a bit of overreaction now.

Moderaters should inject themselves only when:

– Illegal activity is afoot, such as scams or threats of violence.
– Spam is being posted.
– Off topic postings, such as selling your car in the Chia plotting category.

Having one or two moderators controlling dialog via G-d Mode might make you wish for the days when we were all free to speak our minds, without fear of censorship or being banned.

Free speech, and freedom in general, comes at a price. Expecting big brother to step in and fix it all often costs far more than We The Users performing self governing.

One technically savvy user, who was vocal in all matters, including repeated demands for moderation, somewhat recently found himself banned. For how long is not known.

Be careful what you wish for. It might come true.

The problem is that there are none. And internet without moderators, is a cesspool of misinformation and scams.

I’d rather this forum close than being unmoderated and giving a bad rep to the Chia project.

You mean people being scammed ? Because that’s what is going to happen. In the near future once the IPO is complete, imagine learning that Chia is used to scam people.

That’s the biggest problem with cryptocurrencies : they’re digital money which isn’t linked to the traditional banking system, and thus are ripe for scamming people digitally without getting caught.

They registered the trademark, that’s about it. If you use the Chia brand name to scam people, they can legally come after you, at least in the US and in countries that respect similar IP laws.

But let’s stay on topic here.

I disagree entirely.

There are very few contributors left, most of the early people have left. The depth of the discussion is very shallow, arguing about facts (which are facts - not opinions). Pertinent news isn’t being announced or discussed here anymore.

Requests for advice are left unanswered or turn into bickering contests.

You can look at historical thread like Show off your rigs which is almost dead.

The problem being that when XCH price increases again at the next halving, lots of new people will come here and there will be no one to enforce a respectful culture.

It’s probably better to have a community run forum (unofficial) where people can express their views, including being critical. But an unmoderated forum is a no-no.

I see your point, but the decline in posts and such was already happening and isn’t just because of moderation. People where done with plotting, Chia’s hype had gone.
Reddit sub has also been much more quiet for a long time.

I’m not arguing against the fact that moderation is a required thing to some extent at least on a forum like this, just saying it ain’t THAT bad either.
Some of these troll have been around for ever, they get banned, then they return. Either because their time-out expires or just under a new account.
The community can do a lot here just by flagging posts that they consider bad.

1 Like