Petition to Introduce a Reward/Penalty System

They just raised 61 million giving the corporation a valuation over $500 million. Chia is not on the decent, it is in it’s infancy. I am sorry to break it to you but this whole coin is modeled to be a corporate coin for big money players. The coin was not designed to make money for the people farming it with a couple TB. We are only seeing pooling because of the PR problem it has caused.

1 Like

What are you talking about? Pools are free to implement whatever rewards systems they want. Most will choose to distribute rewards proportionally, minus a small fee.

How could Chia possibly make a fairer pooling protocol?

1 Like

Nothing is fair according to some folks as long as the guy with 2TB doesn’t get the same reward as the guy with 200PB. It’s insane.

1 Like

Then why did they go through all the hassle to develop a pleasant looking UI? If it was for data centers like you say, those people are experts, they don’t need this. Right?

I’m not finding any lies via the Chia Twitter account. Can you show us some examples?

:))) this is the last time I am replying your comments. Because you are trolling now… I never said such things. 2TB = 200PiB… Enjoy your evening my friend.

Morningcoffee007 In three hours you have managed to antagonize almost every active peep online.

Your sense of entitlement and inherent rights would be amazing were it not so common.

You are here strictly to incite and attempt to win an argument.This makes you a troll.

You do not make the rules and you never will.
A petition does not make the rules and never will.
You do not have inherent rights to force others to your wishes … and never will.

Please go back under your bridge.

BTW don’t bother to tell me not to respond to you. I only talk to Trolls once after I have identified them. This is good practice to reduce Troll power!

2 Likes

Perhaps this should be a separate thread but I don’t agree with this at all. This isn’t PoW and there are no economies of scale in Chia. In fact, it’s the opposite. The smallest barrier to entry is the little guy with a few TB of unused space. It costs him/her very close to $0 to farm.

Aspy. Your opinion was noted and appreciated. Thanks for your input :slight_smile:
All the best to you.

I am just repeating the logic you have presented in your arguments about “fairness”. Your ideas not mine. That’s trolling? Lol

Dan,
I think it would probably be better as a separate thread but I don’t think size really matters as a barrier to entry but already owning the equipment. A data center that already owns everything and has idle space running has the same 0 added cost to run that idle space even if it is 100PB just like the person who has 1 TB of free space on a drive. Theoretically it is costing $0 to farm for both users. The statement that you quoted I am talking about the Chia network not Chia farming. Raising VC funding and going for an IPO is as corporate as it gets.

I will take Aspy’s advice and I will go back under my bridge now. I was hoping I would find people that share my views on how Chia Network is developing and transforming.
Unfortunately no one shares my view so it’s probably best for me to stop antagonizing.

To all that I’ve offended tonight, please accept my sincere apologies. This was not my intention, Far from it.

Wish you all the best to all of you!!

Regards,
Alex.

3 Likes

Fair enough. Sorry I thought you were talking about farming, but as for sending large amounts of money between corporations or nation-states, yes that is an important use case for Chia.

Just move on. It’s over and done for the little guys.

I remember one of the livestreams where Bram was talking, he said something like “if you are a small farmer, say 1PiB…” - his idea of a small farmer :rofl:

Anyway, I think two things are true, not one or the other. On the one hand a lot of the promotion in Chia is centered around "making mining(farming) interesting again for the small home user. e.g. from the White paper:

Anyone should be able to farm – our version of mining – instead of a few large
powerful entities.

On the other hand they make no secret of the fact they they are aiming for large corporate style datacenters and also say that buying hardware for farming will become unprofitable.

So the Chia story is a bit schizophrenic. I do think they are (or were) striving for both these things, but they are not easily married to each other.

3 Likes

Very well put together Voodoo.

Like all corporations, Chia used people like us to attract attention and to build credibility for higher valuations and larger returns on investments. They sold an idea, like you mentioned but that idea is now left behind.
Yes, they are aiming for large datacenters but without our support, the small farmers, this whole network will be centralized.

This is where we are heading and this is exactly why I suggested a reward system for the small farmers. Without it, it will be unprofitable to run anything under 1PiB in a pool or on your own.

This reward system it would practically help decentralize the network. I’m not saying that my ideas are flawless but something has to be done.

I don’t think it’s too late. But I could be wrong.

regardless of whether you like hpool or not, but if a pool consists of ten thousands of small farmers, i would still call that decentralized :wink:

Here we are troll. Let us tell you why your idea won’t work.

1. What is “fair”? What is “unfair”? The more you input the more output you get is “fair”. It should be linear, otherwise, everyone just starts a node and hang 1 plot there if it a fixed number. It will make XCH worth nothing because there is no cost to running it.
  2. Even you change the reward algorithm. It also won’t stop “big guys”, they can run thousands of nodes with different keys. It is not possible to limit the key. If there is, it no longer a “decentralize project” and will be highly centralized.
  3. Plots are lottery tickets. Each ticket has the exact same chance to win and it is random. The “big guy” just buys more lottery tickets than you. It doesn’t mean they have an advantage over you. Their chance to win is higher than yours because they buy more tickets.
  4. Pooling is to smooth your reward. Many small guys gather around their tickets and if they win, they will distribute 1.75XCH with the quantity tickets you contribute to this group. There is another 0.25XCH that will give the lucky dog who owns the winning ticket. (Not exact number but very close)
  5. Nobody promises you what you can win with what amount of space. Chia official never ever did that.
  6. You have no idea about what does “decentralize” means. Thousands of “small guys” contribute the same as a single “big guy” in decentralization. Generally, more people in the network will make it more decentralized, but it is not a linear relation with people in the network. It is a very complex calculation and I guess you won’t learn it. To simplify, if there is a new HPool size farmer magically joins the network. It contributes the same decentralization as 10000 small farmers which have 1/10000 size of the HPool.
1 Like

In some of my local groups it’s been mentioned that Hpool has stated they will use the official protocol as soon as it’s released. There were links to pages in Chinese that I didn’t bother translating - but I assume they would rather use the official method as well to lower cheating and raise trust in their pool.

1 Like