Tip for using that last bit of space on your drives

Yes, here is an example guide.

If the drive contains existing plots and was deployed without LVM, you can use blocks to convert to LVM first, then shrink the existing volume to make space for the second volume which you then add to a volume group that spans across drives.

2 Likes

@enderTown ever come up with a good way to automatically re-mount all the VHDs after reboot? Seems like I have to go into Disk Management and Action->Attach VHD every time I come back from a windows update.

I did actually! I forgot to update the post - thanks for the reminder. Hereā€™s a quick Powershell script that will mount all VHDXā€™s under a directory:

Get-ChildItem -Path c:\Disks -Recurse -Include *.vhdx | Mount-VHD

2 Likes

Perfect! Iā€™m going to give this a try tonight. Itā€™s getting more and more cumbersome as I add more and more drives (and therefore, more and more VHD with whatā€™s left over after plotting)

1 Like

I have quite a few drives with about 70GB wasted space so Iā€™ve started using these as spaces for virtual machines to run various alt chiaā€™s GUIs.

Doesnā€™t work for me. What does ā€œMount-VHDā€ stand for?

you have to install the windows hypervision component in order for the vhd commands to work

Thank you, now it works. However, I got an error in PowerShell, process couldnā€™t access a file. But it seems to work anyway.

1 Like